OMG Agent doing my head in!!! Advice needed.....

mapster

With the recent changes on the 1st July my agent told us we had 60 points and with sponsorship and we could go for the 489 visa....

We have already had had skills assement done last year by TRA and I have my Ielts :biggrin:

Agent asks us to pay her another $600 to complete and submit the EOI which we did last Wednesday.

Yesterday I get an email attaching the EOI for me to look at but then saying she had to contact DIAC for advise as I do not have a degree and they now want a degree for a childcare manger....

Today I get an email saying she has had a response and that its not good....

They will accept my TRA BUT as I have 5 years work experience I can now only claim 10 points instead of the 15!! :arghh:

The agent is taking my work experience from my last qualification not how many years I have been working in my present empolyment which is from September 2003? This can't be right can it?:twitcy:

I have asked her to call me tomorrow morning BUT wanted to try and find out if this is correct or not? HELP:arghh:

I would be very concerned that my agent was having to call DIAC for advice.

Work experiance is post qualification - applicants who gain a TRA skills assessment that have done a apprenticeship can not use the 5 years training as work experience as points.

Edited by lebourvellec

Work experiance is post qualification - applicants who gain a TRA skills assessment that have done a apprenticeship can not use the 5 years training as work experience as points.

I have 2 certificates one for NVQ3 that I did in 2003 and then NVQ4 I did in 2007.... The NVQ3 here is enough to do my job I just did the 4 as it was on offer..... i wouldn't class my self as doing trianing prior to his!!

It is VERY confusing and agent has told me a few wrong things in the past which I have had to look up and then send her the link!!

on skillselect all i can see is:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]At least eight and up to 10 years (of past 10 years)[/TD]

[TD]15 nothing to say post qualification experience?!!

Still very confused anyone else got any ideas?

Will be talking to my agent she is ringing me at 7.40am UK time

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Every agent I have used have had to phone up diac or rcb for advice during my processing (and I am talking well known agents). This is new, so I don't see any problem with them checking things, however, they should have done that before telling the op she had enough points and taking more money off her!!!

Every agent I have used have had to phone up diac or rcb for advice during my processing (and I am talking well known agents). This is new, so I don't see any problem with them checking things, however, they should have done that before telling the op she had enough points and taking more money off her!!!

Since the Visa that you are waiting for (RSMS) and the OP are competly different, calling DIAC for basic information when the OP already holds a positive skills assessment is concerning.

I have 2 certificates one for NVQ3 that I did in 2003 and then NVQ4 I did in 2007.... The NVQ3 here is enough to do my job I just did the 4 as it was on offer..... i wouldn't class my self as doing trianing prior to his!!

It is VERY confusing and agent has told me a few wrong things in the past which I have had to look up and then send her the link!!

NVQ3 may be enough to do your job here - but Australia usually require a Degree - therefore it may be the case that it will be your highest qualification the you have that your work experiance will be relevent from.

Due to the new rules with EOI, it is better to not over estimate your work experiance on your EOI, as if what you claim on EOI is not what you CO your points as your application may be refused.

Do you have enough points with only 10 for work experience??

Sounds like this agent just got one think on her mind, and you know what that is......

Not sure if she is in the right game if she needs to ring diac for advice???

Good luck

With the recent changes on the 1st July my agent told us we had 60 points and with sponsorship and we could go for the 489 visa....

We have already had had skills assement done last year by TRA and I have my Ielts :biggrin:

Agent asks us to pay her another $600 to complete and submit the EOI which we did last Wednesday.

Yesterday I get an email attaching the EOI for me to look at but then saying she had to contact DIAC for advise as I do not have a degree and they now want a degree for a childcare manger....

They will accept my TRA BUT as I have 5 years work experience I can now only claim 10 points instead of the 15!! :arghh:

The agent is taking my work experience from my last qualification not how many years I have been working in my present empolyment which is from September 2003? This can't be right can it?:twitcy:

I have asked her to call me tomorrow morning BUT wanted to try and find out if this is correct or not? HELP:arghh:

Was your agent a registered migration agent?

Before July at least they only required a degree if you didn't have five years experience running a centre with at least so many children in.

NVQ3 may be enough to do your job here - but Australia usually require a Degree - therefore it may be the case that it will be your highest qualification the you have that your work experiance will be relevent from.

Due to the new rules with EOI, it is better to not over estimate your work experiance on your EOI, as if what you claim on EOI is not what you CO your points as your application may be refused.

Do you have enough points with only 10 for work experience??

Mapster - I recommend you listen to your agent, and not to the posters on this thread.

What constitutes relevant/skilled work experience is one of the least understood aspects of the skilled visa points test, and in my view is likely to an area which will give rise to mass refusals under the new SkillSelect model.

Best regards.

Thing that worries annoys me is that is one email I have enough points to lodge this application please pay next $600 2 days later you no longer have enough points?!! Bit of a con.......

Yes agent is registered...... But I think a complaint is coming their way

Mapster - I recommend you listen to your agent, and not to the posters on this thread.

What constitutes relevant/skilled work experience is one of the least understood aspects of the skilled visa points test, and in my view is likely to an area which will give rise to mass refusals under the new SkillSelect model.

Best regards.

With respect, I suggest you stop drawing inferences.

Best regards.

Its not good to be told one min you have enough points then asked for your next stage payment then to be told two days later something different, all agents are not as good as they make out to be!

Best regards.

I feel Mapster agent new to well the position her client was in and just wanted to get the next fee in her pocket before dropping the bad news!

I feel Mapster agent new to well the position her client was in and just wanted to get the next fee in her pocket before dropping the bad news!

I recommend care in making such suggestions on a public forum - such a comment suggests bad faith and may well be actionable.

Best regards.

Hi Mapster, Sorry to here what is happening. Excuse my Ignorance but, when completing skills assessment is this not to reassure DIAC you have the required skills to claim the points you're claiming, or am I way off the mark.

The skills assessment merely confirms your competencies are suitable for migration.

It doesn't necessarily tell you the date from which you are considered skilled for the purpose of determining the period of skilled work experience; the period of skilled work experience (ie x years in the last 10) determines the number of points that can be claimed on the EoI.

Best regards.

I have the skilled assassment was done last year!! But now being told I need more by agent!!

Hi Mapster, Sorry to here what is happening. Excuse my Ignorance but, when completing skills assessment is this not to reassure DIAC you have the required skills to claim the points you're claiming, or am I way off the mark.

I have the skilled assassment was done last year!! But now being told I need more by agent!!
Thats the bit I can't understand, If you have a positive skill assessment why do you need more? May be Mr Collett can answer the question. Have they changed the goalpost since you had your skill assessment?