Down Under Live

Candygirl

I have been to several Down Under Live events and I have found that there is some good information to be found and there are usually ways to find out about jobs but no event can cover all types of employment. The company I work for can not find work for accountants for example but if you are a diesel mechanic, car mechanic, Industrial / maintenance electrician, welder, fabricator, spray painter, panel beater, hydraulic fitter, CNC operators, we have jobs all over Australia where the employer will offer 457 visas. Let me know if you fit into any of these categories.

We went to one in march I wouldn't say you would want to spend all day there but it was only 20 minutes drive so not too bad. There seemed to be lots of people looking for engineering and medical people but nobody even looked at my husbands cv, hes an industrial electrician and I don't think companies want to sponsor due to having to be licensed first I suppose it depends what sector you work in. I also found that if you go onto job sites such as seek au and search under eg electrician 457 it brings up companies that may be willing to sponsor. Hope this helps

Ok thanks. I wanted to gauge PIO'ers opinions as it would mean taking time away from the business and the cost of flights over to the UK.

If it involves flights to the UK, I would say don't bother. If it involved a one hour drive then it might be an ok day out. Very few people would find any interested employers there, I doubt your OH would. Tends to be medical or engineering if anything.