What paperwork did you take with you?

bell123321

I took copies of my CV, copies of the receipts of the flights and the visa grant number, both in my suitcase and hand luggage incase I was parted with one of them! Also wrote all the details down in abook and kept it in my hand luggage and wrote down contact numbers and airline and immi numbers incase the worst happened! Also wrote down travellers cheques numbers and kept that hidden some where seperate incase I lost my travellers cheques some how! took my birth certificate with me too. I did this for both Aus and NZ. I haven't got travel insurance for NZ (bad eh!) but I did have it in aus and i wrote down all the appropriate details in my booklet aswell.

Who did you insure with when you were in Oz? I didn't think of Birth certificate but thats a good idea. I have got myself a notepad and have writen my visa number and other information in, but contact numbers is a good idea. I have printed flight details, visa details, and have put my qualifications in a small folder. Was going to carry this in hand luggage but shall print off flight details/visa and put it in my main luggage too :)

Hi ya :D

What paperwork did you take when you went on a WHV visa?

Thankies :)

I Came being overorganised + I took copies of my mortgage statement, english bank details, phone contract details, all important contact numbers for council tax/water bills, tenancy agreements, copies of CV's/certificates + licences, CRB Check, Copies of paper part of driving licence, flight details. holiday insurance. Take as much as you can, you can never go over to organised.

Cheers daylpool10,

I do not have a mortgage but I guess I could obtain a copy from my estate agents saying I always paid on time? (as well as tenency agreement). I didn't think about copy of paper part of driving license (I only hold a provisional). I will also take my degree certificate. Do you think I would need contact numbers for council tax and utilities? I agree it is better to be over organised then under prepared. :)

Cheers daylpool10,

I do not have a mortgage but I guess I could obtain a copy from my estate agents saying I always paid on time? (as well as tenency agreement). I didn't think about copy of paper part of driving license (I only hold a provisional). I will also take my degree certificate. Do you think I would need contact numbers for council tax and utilities? I agree it is better to be over organised then under prepared. :)

I only brought copies incase i had any problems with tennants whislt i was away. Aslong as you have informed your council and other bills you are leaving the country and have cancelled/suspended everything, you will be fine. Everything you can think off - bring it! Yeah bringing a letter from your estate agent is a good idea. If you are coming out on a working holiday or a sponsored visa? Where in Aus you heading ?

I will inform all people I pay bills too that I am out of the country :) I am coming over on a WHV in November but I am actually heading over to Auckland (This forum is more lively then the New Zealand one I know of) and I imagine the principles are the same for what paper work to take for either country. I will be heading over to Sydney at Christmas as I have a friend there and family, (Also have family in Perth). I was originally looking at applying for PR but my occupation has now been taken off (Office manager). However this is still on NZ list. At least I would then only be about a 3 hour flight away from family and friends in Oz a lot easier to visit then currently here in the UK, and I have always wanted to visit Nz, so the WHV will give me the opportunity to experience NZ :)

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to scan as much as possible so as not to be weighed down with unneccesary documents. All I've needed so far are my passport and driving licence. If you want to register for medicare when you arrive you'll need a printed copy of your visa but if it was sent to you by email that's easy enough to print when you get here...save space for shoes!!

I Came being overorganised + I took copies of my mortgage statement, english bank details, phone contract details, all important contact numbers for council tax/water bills, tenancy agreements, copies of CV's/certificates + licences, CRB Check, Copies of paper part of driving licence, flight details. holiday insurance. Take as much as you can, you can never go over to organised.

LOL you do not need 1/10 of that. Tenancy agreements and phone contracts?

Driving licence, proof of WHV, contact numbers and a suitable address in Oz to send your taxfile no and set up your bank details for is all you need. Oz doesn't share the same credit history system as the UK. Also, travel insurance but then you can only get a reasonably priced one if you have a return flight date.

Guest Shell15

If anyone is on iphone or ipad a very clever app called 'dropbox' can be downloaded via itunes. You sink it with your email and iphone/iPad/pc. Once synced you drop all documents you want into it via drag and drop. It constantly updates and synches any new files added immediately. When you need them, they are accessible on any of the above.. The most handy app i have.

If anyone is on iphone or ipad a very clever app called 'dropbox' can be downloaded via itunes. You sink it with your email and iphone/iPad/pc. Once synced you drop all documents you want into it via drag and drop. It constantly updates and synches any new files added immediately. When you need them, they are accessible on any of the above.. The most handy app i have.

I completely agree with you. I have it on my laptop and on my andorid phone :) Just wish I had a scanner to scan everything in. I do have my cv on there which is handy as like you said if I alter it, it syncs :)