pom nurses how did you get your job in OZ

gordonsmith

hi everyone

i was just wondering if i need o have my skills assessed and on the register first before applying for jobs. found the perfect job but dont think i can apply without these first is that right?

also how did you go about asking for sponsorship and what did it cover.

thanks joanne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone

i was just wondering if i need o have my skills assessed and on the register first before applying for jobs. found the perfect job but dont think i can apply without these first is that right?

also how did you go about asking for sponsorship and what did it cover.

thanks joanne

As far as I know you only need your skills assessed for permanent residency . It would help your chances of securing employment if you have your registration with AHPRA first as I found none of the hospitals were interested as the registration process can take from a couple of weeks to six months x

thanks. im def thinking about the perm one. which number did you go for im getting very confused with all these visas. someone said i need to go for the 189 or 190 if sponsored. no one seems to mention these here

thanks. im def thinking about the perm one. which number did you go for im getting very confused with all these visas. someone said i need to go for the 189 or 190 if sponsored. no one seems to mention these here

When I applied it was the 175 pr visa. It's all changed since July and I don't know much about the process now to be honest. But if you need any help or advice regarding the ANMAC or AHPRA let me know x