Does any one know of any trainee positions anywhere in Australia?

Guest LiamandNaomi

Guest LiamandNaomi

Hello,

Im a gas engineer from the UK, i have been in Oz for a few months now and looked for work since I landed. Ive applied for over 100 positions and get very few responses. Before leaving the UK I applied for a number of jobs but didnt get any resonse, I thought it was because I was not in the country. Since arriving things havnt changed much.

Does anyone know of any trainee positions available? Im willing to do anything and work anywhere (FIFO, mining, relocate...) to get my foot in the door and show my true potential.

Any advice would be a great help

Thanks in advance

Liam

Hi Liam

Do you have an Australian (state specific) Gas licence ? If not this could be reason your struggling to find work.

I honestly think as a new arrival you will find it hard to get into the mines, i think you would be better looking for unskilled work locally just to get on the employment ladder. Arm yourselves with some CVs and get out there and door knock companys..

Good Luck and i hope you fins something soon.

Cal x

Have you tried the Rio Tinto website, gorgon project, BHP, Woodside? My son is a sparkie and going through the process of trying to get on with one of them at the moment. He's already paid for a project management course and is going on a HVAC course next week to give him a bit more chance. He's asked a couple of the agencies and they have given him advice on what he needs to do.

It's like most jobs mate, once you're in and you get the first one you're usually set for good, it's getting the start that's the problem. There are an awful lot of people looking for jobs in the industry and they have a large amount of applicants. You just have to keep plugging away. I've said the same to my son. Don't be despondent if you get a few knock-backs.