Jump to content

Property ownership and the ATO

Recommended Posts

G'day folks,


With the 0% income tax threshold rising to $18200, I'm keen for the ATO to see the rental income from our UK property as my wife's rather than ours (she doesn't work), and I'm wondering exactly what I'll need to do... get the rent paid into an account that is just in her name? Switch the title deeds for the house in the UK over to her? Get her name on the statements from the estate agent?




ACS RPL submitted 13/03/09 ¦ RPL approved 2231-79 (Oracle) 12/05/09 ¦ 175 visa application lodged 21/05/09 ¦ IELTS 9-9-9-9 13/06/09 ¦ Case officer assigned 20/10/09 ¦ Medicals done 27/10/09 ¦ Police certs sent 10/11/09 ¦ Visa granted 24/11/09

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Aus you would have to transfer to her and then notify the council of the change of ownership.


:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now