Engineering Australia - Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)

Perthsunshine

I have had a really fun weekend preparing my Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) for Engineering Australia and are about to move on with the Summary Statement :biggrin:

I have followed the "Migration Skills Assessment booklet" from EA and I'm pretty sure that I'm on the right track. The processing time is however relative long (they are processing applicants from 2nd of April 2012 at the moment), so I want to make sure that my application does not lack of simple mistakes or other things that could hold up the processing time.

Is there anyone who has done a cdr / summary statement for Engineering Australia, who would be happy to share their report?

If yes - then please send me a PM and I will be happy to provide with a regular email address. And/or if you have any good advice then please share them in this tread, for the benefit of myself and others that might be in the same position.

Just for the record - I'm not looking to copy any work, but are only interested to see a successive cdr to ensure that my format and structure is on the right track.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest76088

You meant his Competency Demonstration Report. He hasn't written the Summary Statement yet. But no doubt when he does, it will be posted here for us all not to copy.

Ctrl-A

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V

BigD

Dear Perthsunshine, could you share your summary statement with me, please? I promise you, I'm not going to copy it. Thank you.

Guest Vladimir
You meant his Competency Demonstration Report. He hasn't written the Summary Statement yet. But no doubt when he does, it will be posted here for us all not to copy.

Ctrl-A

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V

BigD

Thanks for the reply.

No, I don't need the whole CDR. I have some ideas about the episodes. As I know, according to the Migration skills assessment booklet (2012), they (episodes) have to be connected with summary statement, but I can't understand some paragraphs of the summary statement. That's why I'm asking for it.

Dear Perthsunshine, could you share your summary statement with me, please? I promise you, I'm not going to copy it. Thank you.

I would not mind sharing it, but it's a bit to personal (company names etc) and I don't have the time now to clean it up and make it anonymous. The best advice I can give you (I know you'll hate my answer... sorry) it to read EA guidelines over and over again. You might have to change your CDR to fit your summary.

You meant his Competency Demonstration Report. He hasn't written the Summary Statement yet.

Have a look at the date of this tread. My CDR & summary are done and dusted long time ago. AND I had a successful assessment from EA a few weeks ago. That is one of those letters that makes you smile :-)

But no doubt when he does, it will be posted here for us all not to copy.

I do understand where he is coming from, as I had a difficult time knowing if I was on the right track with my CDR and summary. It didn't make it any easier that EA changed the requirement the 1st of July. That's when I wrote my CDR.

My biggest concern when I wrote my CDR & summary, was to make any format mistake, that potentially could delay the assessment process. 15+ weeks for an outcome is a long time, and it would not be fun if I had redo and wait another ?? weeks to get my Engineering skills approved. That was the reason for my original question when starting this tread.

Anyway - the best of luck to anyone who has to make the CDR & summary for EA.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear All,

It very simple documentation process.

Step-1: write down 3 career episode of projects you have done.

Step-2 prepare summary report and try to build inter relations between the documents.

step-3: identify which are the competencies missed out in your Career episode.Try to write down further statement of missed competencies in your Career episode to complete it 100%.

let me know if you guys need any support.

rgds

Syed Majeed

• 7 months later...