You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

PollyCornforth

Registered Nurse going on 457 to Perth - anyone else having problems job-wise?? Anyhelp welcome

Wandering if anyone can help. I am a registered nurse with 3 1/2 years experience. Im wanting to go out to Perth on a 457 in November. Ive got my AHPRA approval so just at the job applying stage.....only problem is, im getting no where! Ive had a few responses where they are impressed with my resume (ive got acute surgical and medical experience) but theyve put me 'on file'. I had one response who said they'd have a look at sponsorship but ive not heard back since. Im very thorough with my covering letters and ive had my CV checked over by lots of people so its not as though im not putting the effort into my applications. Has anyone else had this sort of experience and does anyone have any tips/advice or know of any hospitals/clinics/areas that are more keen on offering sponsorships?

I dont fancy going out on a working holiday visa unless i really have to as i want some security out there. I also need to be out by the end of November as my AHPRA will expire at the end unless ive presented myself at the office by them. Got a few months to get sorted but im getting a bit stressed and would like abit of luck with job hunting so any help welcome!!

You'll have more luck seeking a job once here. TBH, health employers are often snowed under with inquiries from folk who often change their mind about emigrating or change which state they are going to. I have it on good authority that in the SE corner of Qld, this is one of the major reasons why Qld health are not sposoring and rarely consider an application/inquiry/expression of interest until such time as you actually set foot in the State.

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Guest guest17301

Johndoe is correct but I have found that the private hospitals and silver chain are still offering sponsorships...have you tried these places, silver chain is community but the home hospital service would be suited to your acute experience. Check out the website. http://www.silverchain.org.au

Thank you all for your help!! I spoke to someone from HealthCare Australia who advised me to go on a working holiday visa, work with them and find a job/sponsor once ive got myself acquainted with some of the hospitals and wards. Obviously he would say that as hed want me to sign up with his company. Is there jobs and people offering sponsors in WA. I just dont want to go out (on a working hol visa) and not get a job and out run my visa! Ive sent my cv to a woman who helps find jobs for people going out on 457's so im going to stick with that for the time being. Ive applied at some private hospitals but no luck there. Ill keep trying though. And ill check out silver chain. I just want a job so i can stop stressing and start getting excited about moving to Oz!! Thank you all again :):)

Hello Polly

I am also looking to go to Perth on a 457. Do you have the information of the person who is helping you find a job. Much appreciated.

I have 457 sponsorship from nsw and I applied for a job on their health site. very simple in fact. There is a contact for health in WA i could pm you if you havent tried them already? however I did find WA to be very slow compared to NSW in response times ( ie I had a job before WA replied!)

I have 457 sponsorship from nsw and I applied for a job on their health site. very simple in fact. There is a contact for health in WA i could pm you if you havent tried them already? however I did find WA to be very slow compared to NSW in response times ( ie I had a job before WA replied!)
If you could that'd be fab thank you! Any help is massvely appreciated!

I have sent my cv to a woman called Karen Prosser. You can contact her on 020 7395 0575. Shes based in london and helps people going on 457's to get jobs. not heard back from her yet but i hope she helps!

Hi, I am a nurse working in Perth.Try st John of god website- they have hospitals in subiaco and Murdoch, Ramsey health- one of their hospitals is undergoing a big expansion. Or try the public hospitals, royal Perth, Fremantle, sir Charles Gardner and rockingham. Good luck x

Hi, I tried looking for a job myself with 457 sponsership. Queensland had nothing, the Melbourne hospitals were interestedbut told me to apply when I got PR. In the end I contacted an agency and they found me a job in the Sydney suburbs. I think only certain hospitals have a permit to take on nurses with 457 visas.

Good luck!

Hey All,

My Girlfriend wanted to get a job in Perth as a paediatric nurse, she wanted to get 457 visa sponsor but could not get a call back from any hospital she applied for, agencies told her to come on the 1 WHV but I was looking to come de-facto on her visa and I am to old for the WHV.

So she applied to hospitals in Sydney and got offered a sponsored job in a children's hospital within a week, so getting the visa sorted and hopefully be off in a few weeks.

So Perth must be fully staffed but there HR did us no favours by never replying to any of her applications, while Sydney was very efficient.