Sign in to follow this  
Jennifer_C

Parent Migration Subclass 173 : Final Payment

Can anyone advise me which is the best way to pay for the 2nd visa £30,000.00 when eventually granted.

It will be interesting to hear from someone who has just gone through this process very recently.

When the visa is granted how long is given before you need to enter Australia to trigger the visa off?

We need to market our home and at the moment the UK market is dormant.

Much thanks

Jennifer_C

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jennifer

Various Parents got their CP vias not long before Christmas and they paid in differing ways.

A couple of people used HIFX or Ozfrx and reckoned tat the service was slow - but that might have been just the two accounts concerned.

A lady split the cost over two credit cards. Her visa was granted the same day but the card companies stung her for about £300 on the exchange rate or something.

Some Agents have a firm's credit card and they use that to make the payment - again, this can result in a grant the same day.

With my own mother, my sister lives in Perth so we sent the money direct to her backnk account. She got her bank to issue a draft on Fruday 8th and sent it to the POPC by registered post. They received it on Monday 11th & Mum's visa was granted on Friday 15.

My impression is that the COs at the POPC try to gauge how fast or how slowly you want to do everythign and they seem to try to fit in with the applicants/ wishes.

They usually give you a year to make your first entry to Oz, calculated from the earlier of the PCCs or the meds. However, if you have to give an Understaking to get a repeat x-ray done, you usually have to make the initial entry within 6 months of the meds.

When did you lodge your application? Are you using an agent? Wheraabouts in Oz are you planning to move to?

Keep an eye on a poster called CazBeckham and her daughter Johatts in the next 2-4 weeks. Caz & Baz have applied for a CP 143. As soon as they get the meds clearance their CO should be able to ask for the money. It is possible that they could have their visas by the ed of January if the LCU get a move on with the mds.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill - you always very helpful. Done the clearances myself. Meds have been sent off plus police clearances and assessments and with the POPC. Our due date was 16/1/08.

My concern is the actual payment to the POPC. Notice that it can be done in London using debit or credit card or bankers draft. Just wanted to know what the best option was. Not sure how the banks in the UK deal with a one of payment.

Regards

Jennifer_C

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jennifer

As you are not using an Agent, I'd say that the easiest way to deal with payig the 2nd Instalment would probably be to get your Bank to issue a Bank draft, made payable to DIAC, for the requisite amount in Austrailan dollars and just send it to your CO by International Signed For or by courier.

A clearing bank won't give you as favourable an exchange rate as some fancier payment arrangements would, but it would get the job done with the minimumof effort. Banks charge about £0 for an international bank draft.

I am not aware of it being possible to pay the POPC via making a payment to DIAC in London. You might be right but I have never heard of anyone not paying the POPC direct. Check with your CO, I would sugest, if you want to findout about the possibility of paying via London.

However, honey, it sounds as if you are not yet aware that DIAC announced yesterday that they have granted all the Parent and Contributory Parent visas that they are able to grant during the 2007/8 Program Year and that no further visas will be granted in the Parent categories until further notice. Please click on the links below for more information about this:

Contributory Parent Visa Processing Halted : British Expat Discussion Forum

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/27680-contributory-parent-visas-urgent.html

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!! : British Expat Discussion Forum

At the moment, I think everybody is simply witing for more news from DIAC about what will happen.

Sorry this isn't better news.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Gill

I have checked the DIAC web site and there is nothing on there about the halting of the CPV but I know Alan would not have said anything if there was no truth in it so why have the DIAC not put anything on their site to the same effect?

It's the not knowing that is the problem. Plus ot knowing if they are going to be putting a hold on everyone even those like myself who are so close, till July, that would be disastrous as even with a 3 month extension that would still put us 2 months short on being able to sell our house than as it stands now.

I suppose I shouldn't be thinking like this but as you know it's the not knowing that's a killer.

Speak soon and great to talk to you the other day

Luv Caz