Sign in to follow this  
Guest davilou

Teenage kids moving to oz with their parents!

Guest davilou

I am 13 and my mam and dad are thinking about moving to South Australia. I am wondering wether any english teenagers around my age could tell me what the move is like and how it feels to be a teenage pom in oz. Thanks

:?

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest xgeminix
    I am 13 and my mam and dad are thinking about moving to South Australia. I am wondering wether any english teenagers around my age could tell me what the move is like and how it feels to be a teenage pom in oz. Thanks

:?

Hi there, I ve just noticed your thread.

I have 13 year old daughter who goes to Whitehaven School, we are heading to Perth early next year, if you would like to contact her, I can give you her email address.

Guest dodge

its like a new toy for us here to have some funny talking stranger, just bring a potral playstation and the latest game and ur everyones friend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By oliviaaaa
        Hey, my friend and I are both thinking of moving to the bay next year even though parents aren't happy so the won't help us find the information on the bay. We would like to know is it worth it for a year fresh out of school? Can we study there? Is it expensive? Will we find work? Are the bills manageable on a teen wage? Is there financial support there? Is it recommended for two best friends who want out of home?
      • By Veroca
        Faced with very difficult choice
        Our PR visa was granted in 03/2013 and at the time my husband didn't want to move to OZ. Two years fast forward and my mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She has been battling the disease for almost 3 years now and we wanted to care for her but she refused to move in with us. She says she will only do so when she is incapacitated. We live 2 1/2 hours flight away from her and only see her twice a year. She has 2 other children that don't live in the same city as hers but her brother does and he has been a big help. Our 5 year visa expires in 03/2018. I still want to move to oz and my husband says that if his mother passes before the visa expires he will move. Part of me feels that our live has been on a hold for a while and I've been trying to let go of the tought of moving but can't get over it and if we did go I'm afraid that her and the whole family would resent us forever and I would probably regret being so selfish.

• By SinCityDex
        Hi guys,
        Long story short. I moved to South Oz from Cornwall in 1992 at age 11 with my parents. My parents moved back in 2005 for work. I stayed - had a girlfriend (became my wife)/was @ uni, then I started a career......I had a very traumatic experience @ work in 2014 which destroyed my mental health, career and marriage, all no fault of my own; i've been heavily depressed and anxious for the better part of 2 years. I had a little boy with my wife (currently separated) who is 3. I have 1 Bachelor of Psychology degree, a Masters in Social Work and a Masters in Marketing, so i've got a wide net for employment. Right now i'm self employed, making TV commercials, graphic design - all media stuff.
        I live alone now and can't see myself ever being happy again, BUT, when I think about my family (mum/dad/brother/niece/cousins/friends etc etc) and Cornwall I get a strong sense of connection/hope and love; something i've been lacking for a few years now. My choice, which feels like Sophie's choice is this:
        1. Stay in Oz for my son. I will have a relationship with my son but everything else will be pretty grim, especially when my wife moves onto the next guy, and i'm around to see my son living with him. 
        2. Move back to Cornwall and have a big family again, start afresh etc. Try and find a way of keeping my son in my life - Skype, holidays etc. 
        So the choice is either to remain in Oz completely unhappy with the exception of my son, or move home to Cornwall where I have a sense of identity, family, a sense of community and belonging - something Australia doesn't really have. 
        I guess i'm putting this down on virtual paper because I want to see what other's think of this - all opinions are fine. Please don't kick me while i'm down. If you knew the traumatic event that started everything you'd understand. I'm not one of those dads who wants to leave his son. I don't at all, but I also don't want to die alone in a country that isn't 'home', and continue being miserable. I've been trying to get better for 2 years now but the only light I can ever see at the end of the tunnel is Cornwall. 
        Anybody had a similar experience?
      • By Sue Cash
        Hi, I moved to Sydney (from London) 13 years ago and have finally had enough of the rat race.
        I'm moving with my family to the Sunshine Coast and looking for advice about the best locations for beaches, shops, schools etc
        My 2 boys have special needs and one will need to go to a special school - it appears that Nambour and Currimundi are the only options.
        My other boy has mild autism so I'm hoping to find a location that is best placed for him i.e. Primary schools that have a good reputation for helping kids on the spectrum and plenty of local therapists.
        If you have kids with special needs and live in the Sunshine Coast, I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice on our move to the Sunny Coast.
        Thanks
        Sue
      • By Alandes
        Hi all PomsInOz,

We are moving fairly soon to the Bunbury area and are looking at schools in the area. Kids are 4, 6 and 9 and to be honest I don't even know where to start. Help!
        Happy to fee-pay if that means better education. My 9 year old is introvert and likes his maths, my 6 year old is pretty good at reading and writing, would like to be an 'author' and write bout  science, that tells you enough, and my 4 year old hasn't gone to school yet but loves scribbeling and singing and drawing....

Any good advice is welcome.

AlandEs