You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Ginjafro

Employer Sponsorship, over 45, unskilled partner

As the title suggests - If a potential 45+ migrant with positive skills assessment & IELTS gains Employer Sponsorship/Nomination but has an unskilled partner what future prospect is there for them to achieve Permanent Residency?

Vetassess Submitted 07/07/2011, Skills Assessment booked 24/09/2011, PASSED 5/10/2011. IELTS 18th Feb 2012, PASSED (1st attempt) 03/03/12 Listening 9.0, Reading 8.5, Writing 8.5, Speaking 9.0, Overall 9.0. Visa application to be submitted ASAP.

If i've read your post right then i dont think it matters if your partner is unskilled, i think they're added onto your visa if you meet the requirements for the visa

Do you mean employer sponsorship with 457 or 186?

Having looked at Skill Select info on 457 & 186 it does not clarify which, if any, could lead to Permanent Residency or cover the other issues of the OP. If you can provide any answers for either, I would be grateful.

Vetassess Submitted 07/07/2011, Skills Assessment booked 24/09/2011, PASSED 5/10/2011. IELTS 18th Feb 2012, PASSED (1st attempt) 03/03/12 Listening 9.0, Reading 8.5, Writing 8.5, Speaking 9.0, Overall 9.0. Visa application to be submitted ASAP.

Can you rephrase the OP as I do not understand what you are asking?

Are you asking if having an unskilled partner prevents you, as a skilled worker, gaining sponsorship from an employer?

Or are you asking if Sponsorship visas can lead to PR? :unsure:

(RSMS 187) RCB 26.09.2013, Nomination 14.10.2013, Visa re-lodged 27.10.2013 non DRC. Child and Family Health nurse. Low risk country. Nomination and Visa both granted 03.12.2013. :jiggy:

We came across on a 457 visa through my husbands company who sponsored him. Me and the kids were on the visa (unskilled). We are now, after 2 years applying for PR as a family.

Can you rephrase the OP as I do not understand what you are asking?

Are you asking if having an unskilled partner prevents you, as a skilled worker, gaining sponsorship from an employer?

Or are you asking if Sponsorship visas can lead to PR? :unsure:

Hi, I am asking is it possible for PR (for the family unit but no kids) if the skilled person gets employer sponsorship, especially if they are 45+ and approaching 50 within the next 2 years or so. If they went for skilled sponsorship they would just not get the required points despite skills, experience, degree etc.

We came across on a 457 visa through my husbands company who sponsored him. Me and the kids were on the visa (unskilled). We are now, after 2 years applying for PR as a family.

Hi, Good luck with PR. Can you tell me if you may have other similar circumstances, ie being aged +45 ?

I know people who came on a 457 visa then gained PR who were 47, I know that they have upped the age limit for 457 to 50, so if you come on 457 visa do your 2 years then you can apply for PR, If I think this is what you mean! I was unskilled on OH Visa we got PR.

Hope this helps

Employer Sponsored Visas are not points based.

But to be able to get PR from an employer sponsored visa - the applicant needs to be under 50. The partner will be a secondary applicant, requirements for secondary applicants are Functional English, Medicals and Police Checks.

If you go on a 457 visa which is TR, after 2 years you can apply for PR without the need for a skills assessment, but there is no guarentee or obligation from an employer to sponsor you for PR.

You should run your case past a registered migration agent for your options if you do not have enough points for GSM

Yes it is possible. My husband was 48 when he got sponsorship and is 50 this year! With the PR application we had to complete the "exceptional circumstances" part due to his age (this was after 2 years with sponsored company)