Mandurah here at last!!!

tony74

Finally after 5 years we have arrived in Australia and so far its everything we thought it would be, we came out here for a reccie in 2006 and applied for a visa shortly after, originally we wanted to go to Brisbane on a 175 but after a while had a total change of plan and came to Perth on a ss 176. After years of planning we put our house up with a property management company in Liverpool,we then had the horrible job of saying goodbye to our families which was the hardest thing we have ever had to do nothing can prepare you for that. We flew out on Tuesday 26th June and had a 2 day stopover in Dubai (well worth thinking about if you have young children). We flew with Emirates who are absolutely fantastic nice flight, 200+ movies, games, and the food was good too. We flew 6 hours from Manchester to Dubai then a further 10.5 hours from Dubai to Perth.

We rented a holiday home for 4 weeks in Mandurah and i think this is were we want to stay, it has everything we need....beaches, parks, open spaces for my kids to run wild, we love it here i know weve only been here a few days but everything feels right.:biglaugh:

Finally after 5 years we have arrived in Australia and so far its everything we thought it would be, we came out here for a reccie in 2006 and applied for a visa shortly after, originally we wanted to go to Brisbane on a 175 but after a while had a total change of plan and came to Perth on a ss 176. After years of planning we put our house up with a property management company in Liverpool,we then had the horrible job of saying goodbye to our families which was the hardest thing we have ever had to do nothing can prepare you for that. We flew out on Tuesday 26th June and had a 2 day stopover in Dubai (well worth thinking about if you have young children). We flew with Emirates who are absolutely fantastic nice flight, 200+ movies, games, and the food was good too. We flew 6 hours from Manchester to Dubai then a further 10.5 hours from Dubai to Perth.

We rented a holiday home for 4 weeks in Mandurah and i think this is were we want to stay, it has everything we need....beaches, parks, open spaces for my kids to run wild, we love it here i know weve only been here a few days but everything feels right.:biglaugh:

We are actually living NOR but we really like Mandurah, lovely place!

Wow, sounds great, we'll be in the same position in about 6 months.

We were thinking Mandurah too. really interested to know;

what you do for a living - did you find work before you got out there?

kids? how old?

how did you find a holiday rental - need to find something similar?

your advice would be much appreciated!!

maybe see you old there

:smile:

Hiya thompsons 1977,

Im a bricky, missus is a pharmacy tech, got 2 kids 7 and 5 and a friend of a friend is looking out for work for me (hopefuly starting as soon as i get the right cards)

and the holiday home is amazing, very big 5 bedrooms, loads of room and very very clean, be warned holiday homes arent cheap but it has everything you need u ntill your container gets here, If you pm me i will give you contact for the holiday home....good luck

• 1 month later...

Hi

My husband and I are hopefully heading out to Mandurah in October if we get everything sorted in time. It would be good to get some advice on holiday homes too, plus my husband is a joiner so any construction job tips would be useful too, we are very unorgnaised at the moment!

Thanks

Lisa