You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Andy

England v Aus ( cricket )

He would be mad to give England a sporting declaration, i reckon if they bat up until tea or just before then that will be plenty and then they have 5 sessions and if they cannot bowl us out over that period then the momentum for the series will be back with us, i however think that South Africa will win this test as they are in such a great position, but like you say its a funny old game and you never know.

Have a great day at The Oval and have a beer for me. thumbs up.jpg

thumbs up.jpg

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest Andy
Have a great day at The Oval and have a beer for me. [ATTACH=CONFIG]15708[/ATTACH]

Thanks mate and will do.

Andy...mate...how was your day at the cricket.....hope you had a good time and "my" beer was refreshing. 150 behind with a day remaining....hope you guys can bat well and hold out for the draw but I think that may be drawing a long bow. Has the wicket become a road or is England playing badly ?? I thought they were better than this.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest Andy

Andy...mate...how was your day at the cricket.....hope you had a good time and "my" beer was refreshing. 150 behind with a day remaining....hope you guys can bat well and hold out for the draw but I think that may be drawing a long bow. Has the wicket become a road or is England playing badly ?? I thought they were better than this.

Hi mate, I had a great day thanks. I treated my mate who's birthday it was and had real good tickets in the ocs stand with comfy seats and a bar right behind us so your beer went down well. As for the cricket the wicket had nothing to do with it as it was as flat as you will ever see for both teams, south Africa and amla in particular played the conditions brilliantly and could have gone on batting forever as we hardly had a chance, they declared as I thought they would at tea with just over 600 on the board and England then froze and made a complete hash of it again as I thought they would, pietersen played a dreadful innings and as I have said before is not a team player, bopara is already out this morning so I would not expect the match to go on later than about 3 oclock this afternoon. South africa have just been much better and deserve to take the lead, England have a lot of thinking to do before the next match.

Hi mate, I had a great day thanks. I treated my mate who's birthday it was and had real good tickets in the ocs stand with comfy seats and a bar right behind us so your beer went down well. As for the cricket the wicket had nothing to do with it as it was as flat as you will ever see for both teams, south Africa and amla in particular played the conditions brilliantly and could have gone on batting forever as we hardly had a chance, they declared as I thought they would at tea with just over 600 on the board and England then froze and made a complete hash of it again as I thought they would, pietersen played a dreadful innings and as I have said before is not a team player, bopara is already out this morning so I would not expect the match to go on later than about 3 oclock this afternoon. South africa have just been much better and deserve to take the lead, England have a lot of thinking to do before the next match.

Andy......was just talking to a mate who has pay TV and has been watching the Test....has been very critical of Strauss's captaincy.....too negative...like Ricky Ponting...allowing too many singles and two's. Alma and Kallis are Test players.......they are not going to throw their wicket away and will accumulate 2 or 3 an over until they have a big century. Unless the ball is doing something Test wickets are gained by mounting pressure and it seems Strauss has not been doing this. Swann is a good spinner but IMO has been used defensively by Strauss....this is not the way to win a Test match. (IMO)

Guest Andy

Well it is the 3rd day of the 2nd test today and it will be interesting to see if we can get near South Africa's score of 419, we are 48-0 at the moment so a solid start but today is massive for the whole series, if our bottle goes like it did in the first test then we will collapse again and South Africa will take the test and the series and become the number 1 side in the world, we have to show why we are currently there and bat through the whole of today and well into tomorrow to give us a sniff of victory although that is a long way off at the moment.

Andy...just looked at the scores on Cricinfo.......I think you guys have made it hard for yourselves now 395/6....23 behind with 4 remaining....you needed Pietersen to make a big one and build a 130-150 lead.............still if Prior can make an 80 or 90 with a bit of help from the tail and the England bowlers do their stuff...well it could be one all after tomorrow.........but as they say....if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle.

Sad to say I think this series is showing who really IS number 1 in test cricket. Massively impressed with the South Africans, they seem impossible to get out

Agree with SLP on Strauss's somewhat negative captaincy. He has always been a bit too conservative but has been able to get away with it because of the support the bowlers in particular have given him. Not knocking him, he's still a good bloke and England are still a good team. I just think RSA are better

Vaughan was our best captain of recent times IMO. The best since Brearley in the 1970s, and probably better - certainly a better player himself and with more of the common touch, like all good leaders he could make his teams into more than the sum of their parts and get the best out of almost all the guys in the team

Andy, looks like rain has come to England's aid....pity I was hoping for a good hard fought last day....SA 49 in front with 10 wickets remaining.

Sad to say I think this series is showing who really IS number 1 in test cricket. Massively impressed with the South Africans, they seem impossible to get out

Agree with SLP on Strauss's somewhat negative captaincy. He has always been a bit too conservative but has been able to get away with it because of the support the bowlers in particular have given him. Not knocking him, he's still a good bloke and England are still a good team. I just think RSA are better

Vaughan was our best captain of recent times IMO. The best since Brearley in the 1970s, and probably better - certainly a better player himself and with more of the common touch, like all good leaders he could make his teams into more than the sum of their parts and get the best out of almost all the guys in the team

England are no 1 ...no iff's no but's

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

At least for another two weeks.........by the way...there's only one f in if's :err:

Edited by Sir Les Patterson

Guest Shell15

2 in butt, oh hang on, wrong one lol

Guest Andy

Kevin Pietersen has been dropped for the last test that we HAVE to win starting this Friday, he allegedly sent derogatory text messages about his England team mates to the South African players :shocked::no: during the last test match at Headingley which if true must be a droppable offence on it's own without all of the baggage he bring's with him There is no doubt he is a fantastic individual talent however in my opinion he is to much of a disruptive influence within the team and cannot be allowed to just do and say what he likes just because of who he is, he wants to pick and choose who, where and when he plays in spite of the massive earning's he picks up so for me i am glad he has been dropped even though i would like to see him play again for us in the future only if he changes his attitude though.

Discuss

Agree 100% Andy. Once someone becomes like that in a team sport they can cause so many issues within a team. He is a great talent but no one person is bigger than their team. Bad apple.

Edited by wakeboard1980

Kevin Pietersen has been dropped for the last test that we HAVE to win starting this Friday, he allegedly sent derogatory text messages about his England team mates to the South African players :shocked::no: during the last test match at Headingley which if true must be a droppable offence on it's own without all of the baggage he bring's with him There is no doubt he is a fantastic individual talent however in my opinion he is to much of a disruptive influence within the team and cannot be allowed to just do and say what he likes just because of who he is, he wants to pick and choose who, where and when he plays in spite of the massive earning's he picks up so for me i am glad he has been dropped even though i would like to see him play again for us in the future only if he changes his attitude though.

Discuss

Pietersen is a prodigious talent and he will be sorely missed and very hard to replace in the England line up.......but....let's face it he is an arrogant disruptive arseh@le a bit like Chris Gayle in the Windies line up. I haven't seen the team for the next Test Andy, who have they replaced him with ?????

I see Jonny Bairstow has been called up to replace Pietersen.....FFS can't you blokes find anyone else.......I KNOW we Aussies don't have a lot of batting depth at the moment but pleeaase...Bairstow ?????

He has a great test record (this from Howstat)

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOverview.asp?PlayerID=3900

Average of 12.67 with a high score of 18........he's gonna destroy Steyn and Morkel :laugh:

Guest AKA63029
I see Jonny Bairstow has been called up to replace Pietersen.....FFS can't you blokes find anyone else.......I KNOW we Aussies don't have a lot of batting depth at the moment but pleeaase...Bairstow ?????

He has a great test record (this from Howstat)

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOverview.asp?PlayerID=3900

Average of 12.67 with a high score of 18........he's gonna destroy Steyn and Morkel :laugh:

Sir Les, everyone knows Steyn is nothing more than a second rated, with the bowling speed of a girl.

Have you noticed how I am saying this on a forum, and many thousands of miles away from the man himself.:laugh:

To see him bowl takes your breath away, never mind arm guards and the like, I would be suited up in armour, a true old fashioned 'quickie', akin to Lillee and Thompson.

Guest AKA63029

Pietersen is indeed a fantastic player, but his ego has to be reighned in, and if these allegations are true, then severe punishment dealt out.

Sir Les, everyone knows Steyn is nothing more than a second rated, with the bowling speed of a girl.

Have you noticed how I am saying this on a forum, and many thousands of miles away from the man himself.:laugh:

To see him bowl takes your breath away, never mind arm guards and the like, I would be suited up in armour, a true old fashioned 'quickie', akin to Lillee and Thompson.

I saw DK and Thommo put England to the sword in the 74-75 series...as an Australian it was a joy to behold...never have I seen such pace from both ends....batsmen jumping all over the place.....lots of chin music (mind you nothing different to what Frank "Typhoon" Tyson had done to us before)...Tests are won by taking twenty wickets and in normal circumstances this is primarily done by quicks (unless you have a Shane Warne)......best ball I ever saw was the one that "stuffed" poor old Brian Luckhurst in Perth....Lillee didn't get his wicket with this ball but almost took his head off....he was buggered for the rest of the series after that ball.

Guest AKA63029
I saw DK and Thommo put England to the sword in the 74-75 series...as an Australian it was a joy to behold...never have I seen such pace from both ends....batsmen jumping all over the place.....lots of chin music (mind you nothing different to what Frank "Typhoon" Tyson had done to us before)...Tests are won by taking twenty wickets and in normal circumstances this is primarily done by quicks (unless you have a Shane Warne)......best ball I ever saw was the one that "stuffed" poor old Brian Luckhurst in Perth....Lillee didn't get his wicket with this ball but almost took his head off....he was buggered for the rest of the series after that ball.

That's half the battle Sir Les, mind games.

Modern day era, Shane Warne won a lot of his battles because of his opponents 'thoughts', and of course some truly inspired bowling.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Andy

Well South Africa have just beaten England by 51 runs to win the series 2-0 and take over the number 1 spot from us, well done to them as they deserve it because they were definitely the better side over the 3 matches and clearly the best side in the world at the moment, they have some fantastic players and are great to watch.

As for England we can certainly take some positives out of it as we were thrashed in the first test and questions were asked as to whether we could take 20 wickets and we have done that in both of the last two tests but fell short both times in our run chase, also Johnny Bairstow taking over from Pietersen looks a really good player and we have plenty coming through including Hales who hopefully will get another chance soon. For me i also hope Pietersen never plays for England again and then we can move on for good. But anyway well done South Africa who are worthy winner's.

Well South Africa have just beaten England by 51 runs to win the series 2-0 and take over the number 1 spot from us, well done to them as they deserve it because they were definitely the better side over the 3 matches and clearly the best side in the world at the moment, they have some fantastic players and are great to watch.

As for England we can certainly take some positives out of it as we were thrashed in the first test and questions were asked as to whether we could take 20 wickets and we have done that in both of the last two tests but fell short both times in our run chase, also Johnny Bairstow taking over from Pietersen looks a really good player and we have plenty coming through including Hales who hopefully will get another chance soon. For me i also hope Pietersen never plays for England again and then we can move on for good. But anyway well done South Africa who are worthy winner's.

Nice balanced post mate, from the highlights I saw they certainly look like a hard team to beat. Saying that....2 run outs??? That shouldn't really happen in a test.

Guest Andy
Nice balanced post mate, from the highlights I saw they certainly look like a hard team to beat. Saying that....2 run outs??? That shouldn't really happen in a test.

I think the last test may have been different if we had held a couple of catches namely De Villiers but especially Amla who was dropped on 2 and went on to get a hundred and if that had been held we may have gone on to win and draw the series but thats the way it goes but like i say they were the better team over the series and will provide stiff opposition for you guys later in the year. We have India in a 4 test series over there so that will also be tough but next up we are defending our 20/20 crown in Sri Lanka next month with no Pietersen thankfully.

England need a good night watchman one feels:wideeyed:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Bloody hell PB....I was proved right :laugh: