You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Andy

England v Aus ( cricket )

Relax it's only a game. I've just been reading some hilarious threads on PPRUNE re 111's breaking windows etc etc, which you should peruse. Bloody funny stuff!

it's more than a game to a lot of us...especially those who have played it a highish level.

With regards to the F 111s....if it is a a clip with a bunch of blokes swearing after one has flown across the top of them and an observation building...it is at Evans Head bombing range.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest Ptp113
it's more than a game to a lot of us...especially those who have played it a highish level.

With regards to the F 111s....if it is a a clip with a bunch of blokes swearing after one has flown across the top of them and an observation building...it is at Evans Head bombing range.

No something about a F4 chasing one and another a fly by at mach 0.98 etc.

No something about a F4 chasing one and another a fly by at mach 0.98 etc.

OK, will check it out.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest Ptp113
OK, will check it out.

In the Brazilian Mirage breaks windows in govt bldg thread.

In the Brazilian Mirage breaks windows in govt bldg thread.

Ah...good one.....those were the days.

Guest Ptp113
Ah...good one.....those were the days.

The twin brother discussing his brother the pilot, is good. Some good stuff on 'RUNE occasionally

Guest Andy

The weather has struck yet again and reduced today's odi to a 32 over match, anyway the aussies are 55-3 after 15.

Any of you aussie got any thoughts on Xavier Doherty, i think he is a poor player and looks out of his depth

oooops 55-4 clarke run out

Guest Andy

86-6 after 22 overs:shocked:, Bopara bowling well.

My god these Aussies are rubbish, or is it that we are so good?

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Guest Andy

Aussies finished on 145-7 after 32, not bad because at one stage they looked like they may struggle to get to many over 100, great little inning's by Bailey for 46.

The weather has struck yet again and reduced today's odi to a 32 over match, anyway the aussies are 55-3 after 15.

Any of you aussie got any thoughts on Xavier Doherty, i think he is a poor player and looks out of his depth

oooops 55-4 clarke run out

I don't think he has turned out as they had hoped, I do remember there was a bit of hype when he first came on the scene

Guest Andy

Bell out early, 5-1

Guest Andy

England cruising now on 114-2 needing 138 with 24 balls left D/L revised amount, cook yet another 50 and an increasingly confident Bopara on 44 and should get man of the match with his couple of wickets.

its getting boring now. I feel sorry for the Aussies

My Brain Hurts!

Ahhhhhhh! Only kidding!

C'mon Engerlund!!

My Brain Hurts!

Guest Ptp113
Ahhhhhhh! Only kidding!

C'mon Engerlund!!

It isn't england. Get it right!

It isn't england. Get it right!

Oh yeah, the British Empire team. They're pretty darn good eh?

My Brain Hurts!

Guest Ptp113
Oh yeah, the British Empire team. They're pretty darn good eh?

Yes they are, nobody's questioning that. Hopefully one day all the players will be english, not just players who can spell it. Sad desperation indeed.

Guest Andy

England are getting their arses kicked at the moment by South Africa, England scored 385 and in return South Africa are 403-2 :shocked: with Amla Smith and Kallis putting our bowlers to the sword. This test and 3 match series is really going to test England as they are playing for the top spot in test cricket and because this is only 3 tests losing the first one would make it a massive up hill battle, they will surly score the best part of 600 runs and put us in maybe just before tea today and then it is all up to our batsmen to bat the next 5 sessions and save the test, if they can do that thay would be very impressive however if they wilt and collapse like they did in the first innings then the series is there for the South Africans who are without doubt a fantastic team especially Kallis who has to be one of the best all rounders ever.

Whats the weather doing? I know thats a dirty word on here, but its quite important ATM for England

My Brain Hurts!

England are getting their arses kicked at the moment by South Africa, England scored 385 and in return South Africa are 403-2 :shocked: with Amla Smith and Kallis putting our bowlers to the sword. This test and 3 match series is really going to test England as they are playing for the top spot in test cricket and because this is only 3 tests losing the first one would make it a massive up hill battle, they will surly score the best part of 600 runs and put us in maybe just before tea today and then it is all up to our batsmen to bat the next 5 sessions and save the test, if they can do that thay would be very impressive however if they wilt and collapse like they did in the first innings then the series is there for the South Africans who are without doubt a fantastic team especially Kallis who has to be one of the best all rounders ever.
"

yeah Andy I saw the score......normally if you score around 400 in your first dig you will "normally" not lose the Test....still the Seth Afrikans 18 in front with only two days to go, England would have to bat badly in their second to at least not force a draw.

Guest Andy
Whats the weather doing? I know thats a dirty word on here, but its quite important ATM for England

it is going to be fine so the pressure is on

Guest Andy
"

yeah Andy I saw the score......normally if you score around 400 in your first dig you will "normally" not lose the Test....still the Seth Afrikans 18 in front with only two days to go, England would have to bat badly in their second to at least not force a draw.

I know what you are saying mate but we have been here before with England and they are prone to collapsitis when the pressure is on, the pitch i guess is going to start turning at some point but our hope is that their spinner is not all that, am going up today so hopefully it will be a good days play.

I know what you are saying mate but we have been here before with England and they are prone to collapsitis when the pressure is on, the pitch i guess is going to start turning at some point but our hope is that their spinner is not all that, am going up today so hopefully it will be a good days play.

If Smith makes a "sporting" declaration (and I would be surprised if he did) of about 180 in front.......England bat well (and quickly) and get a 150 lead with two and a bit sessions to bowl SA out......and if the pitch takes a bit of turn....Swann could win you the Test. Lots of probables,possibles and maybe's but as we know...it's a funny old game.

Guest Andy
If Smith makes a "sporting" declaration (and I would be surprised if he did) of about 180 in front.......England bat well (and quickly) and get a 150 lead with two and a bit sessions to bowl SA out......and if the pitch takes a bit of turn....Swann could win you the Test. Lots of probables,possibles and maybe's but as we know...it's a funny old game.

He would be mad to give England a sporting declaration, i reckon if they bat up until tea or just before then that will be plenty and then they have 5 sessions and if they cannot bowl us out over that period then the momentum for the series will be back with us, i however think that South Africa will win this test as they are in such a great position, but like you say its a funny old game and you never know.