Guest Andy

England v Aus ( cricket )

Are you English or Australian Hoffey?

Neither, he's Hoffstralian

My Brain Hurts!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Are you English or Australian Hoffey?

I am English born and bred, but ...... I have Australian blood in me, lol

I will be cheering Australia on at the Olympics as long as they aren't head to head with a Brit, lol.

Can they play cricket under water, lol.

They play hockey under water.

Guest Andy
Sorry...I should have been more specific.........those that have played it at more than backyard or schoolboy level.

Ok but who are you referring to then?

Ok but who are you referring to then?

The people I converse with about cricket have usually played it at at least club level and we can't really understand why a meaningless One day series Like this is being played..... it is nothing more than a money making exercise by the respective boards..... both teams are not at full strength, especially Australia, there is no Pattinson, Siddle or Hilfenhous playing, let alone Mitchell Starc who is playing for Yorkshire......it has forced an injury on probably our best quick in Patrick Cummins. Like most one day and twenty/20 games the results will be forgotten very quickly. I couldn't even tell you the results of the triangular one day series played here in Australia over the Xmas New Year period....they are forgettable. Test matches aren't forgettable....you may hold the Ashes at the moment but I can tell you one thing....you won't hold them for a long time.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest Andy
The people I converse with about cricket have usually played it at at least club level and we can't really understand why a meaningless One day series Like this is being played..... it is nothing more than a money making exercise by the respective boards..... both teams are not at full strength, especially Australia, there is no Pattinson, Siddle or Hilfenhous playing, let alone Mitchell Starc who is playing for Yorkshire......it has forced an injury on probably our best quick in Patrick Cummins. Like most one day and twenty/20 games the results will be forgotten very quickly. I couldn't even tell you the results of the triangular one day series played here in Australia over the Xmas New Year period....they are forgettable. Test matches aren't forgettable....you may hold the Ashes at the moment but I can tell you one thing....you won't hold them for a long time.

I think we will hold them for a good while to be honest, in my opinion we will beat you at home next year and then again a few month's later in Australia.

I think we will hold them for a good while to be honest, in my opinion we will beat you at home next year and then again a few month's later in Australia.

We'll see....if the selectors grow some balls and pick the right batsmen (we have the quicks to do you over)....we'll beat you.....if not in England then when you come over (f***ing ridiculous having two Ashes Series back to back).....spinner....well at this time that is another matter.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest Andy
We'll see....if the selectors grow some balls and pick the right batsmen (we have the quicks to do you over)....we'll beat you.....if not in England then when you come over (f***ing ridiculous having two Ashes Series back to back).....spinner....well at this time that is another matter.

Yeah i agree about the timing's bloody madness.

Yeah i agree about the timing's bloody madness.

All to do with money........bloody knobs

$$$$$ and £££££ mate

Guest Andy

Apologies to all my aussie friends on here but your team is struggling again at Durham, 64-4 after 20 overs

Apologies to all my aussie friends on here but your team is struggling again at Durham, 64-4 after 20 overs

Ah...Durham.....the place of my ancestors......now 76/4 or as we would say out here 4/76.......I reckon you blokes should have it won from here.......unless our quicks have a field day.

Guest Andy
Ah...Durham.....the place of my ancestors......now 76/4 or as we would say out here 4/76.......I reckon you blokes should have it won from here.......unless our quicks have a field day.

You never know with England mate, it may be a 220ish wicket which you guys should reach and then if like you say your bowlers turn up it may be a different story.

You never know with England mate, it may be a 220ish wicket which you guys should reach and then if like you say your bowlers turn up it may be a different story.

mate...unfortunately our batting stocks are rather thin...our quicks are good but as I said we don't have a Test class spinner (yet)......there are a couple of young leggies who may come on (time will tell). Clarke has to bite the bullet and bat at 3, Watson should be at 6......not convinced about Warner....the rest well....it's a lottery. We have some young blokes but as i said before the selectors have to grow some balls (which they won't )and pick said young blokes...f##k we can't do any worse.

Hey Andy (bugger Clarke bowled as i type...5/96) article today in the SMH about your "International" connection. Interesting...didn't realise you had such a mixture...now 6/96.....we're f###ed

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/foreign-xi-drives-englands-advance-20120706-21mew.html

Guest Andy
Hey Andy (bugger Clarke bowled as i type...5/96) article today in the SMH about your "International" connection. Interesting...didn't realise you had such a mixture...now 6/96.....we're f###ed

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/foreign-xi-drives-englands-advance-20120706-21mew.html

Good ball to get Clarke out and a brilliant catch from Kieswetter to get Wade.

Yes we certainly are a mixed bunch there is no doubt about that, but as fans there is nothing we can do about it to be honest and they clearly all want to play for us so i guess we are just lucky to have them but you are right and i suppose in an ideal world they would all be English, however we still have some top quality players from home especially Bell and Anderson and some good players to come through.

Good ball to get Clarke out and a brilliant catch from Kieswetter to get Wade.

Yes we certainly are a mixed bunch there is no doubt about that, but as fans there is nothing we can do about it to be honest and they clearly all want to play for us so i guess we are just lucky to have them but you are right and i suppose in an ideal world they would all be English, however we still have some top quality players from home especially Bell and Anderson and some good players to come through.

yes, both jaffas (as we would say out here). Mate...if you poms can get players from South Africa and elsewhere...go for it......I'm the last one to criticise that. In an ideal world all your players would be born in Yorkshire (that's where my relation who played for England was born) but,hey it's not an ideal world...we've just got to enjoy the game for what it is........the best game in the world.

Andy....174/8....mate you're home and hosed :cry:

Guest Andy
yes, both jaffas (as we would say out here). Mate...if you poms can get players from South Africa and elsewhere...go for it......I'm the last one to criticise that. In an ideal world all your players would be born in Yorkshire (that's where my relation who played for England was born) but,hey it's not an ideal world...we've just got to enjoy the game for what it is........the best game in the world.

Agreed again :shocked:, best game in the world :notworthy:

Guest Andy

England have won by 8 wickets and never really looked in any danger to be honest, i have to say that the aussies really look down on their luck and seem also to be suffering with a few injuries most worryingly for Watson who is a fine player. Bell looked in great shape again today.

The lowest score after 10 overs in 40 years? Think I heard that right just then on the channel 5 highlights.

Sitting here just shaking my head. A hell of a lot of time and money wasted for a very poor performance.

Guest Andy
The lowest score after 10 overs in 40 years? Think I heard that right just then on the channel 5 highlights.

I think it was 15-2, England were 42-0 after 10 obviously where the match was won and lost.

If channel 5 were broadcasting in Aus I think they would have to rename the show, The cricket lowlights.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It's great to see us winning and being good at summat we have suffered over the years.