and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Andy

England v Aus ( cricket )

Guest Andy

Morning all,

I know there are a lot of cricket fans on pio and what with the aussie's over at the moment for 5 one day games here is a chance to chew it over.

I went to the first game at Lords on Friday and i was quite impressed with the new look aussie side especially Warner who look's a fine player. At one point on Friday during the aussie run chase they looked well set for a victory but as ever England managed to get the wickets at important time's and eventually won by 15 runs but it was an exciting game, England i thought were 20 - 30 runs short as they left final onslaught until the 45th over when they had plenty of wickets in hand and should have gone earlier especially with Morgan in such fine form so a little conservative for me. I think England will probably run out reasonably comfortable winners in this series as they look very strong and with a 5 -0 series win would put us top of the rankings in all 3 forms, the aussies should be able to win at least 1 match though. Next year is the biggie though with the ashes being played here so hopefully the aussies will have a strong squad for that. The score in the second 1 day match today at the oval btw is 28-1 with the aussies batting.

Guest AKA63029

Hopefully Andy the Aussies will get stronger and stronger and next years Ashes will be a spectacle.

I hate virtual white washes and the Ashes is unique in sport and deserves justice.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Guest66881

I have to watch what i say as i don't actually live there anymore, so my interest should be with the Aussies according to some here:rolleyes:, but besides that i hope England knock the crap out of em:wink:

Guest Andy
Hopefully Andy the Aussies will get stronger and stronger and next years Ashes will be a spectacle.

I hate virtual white washes and the Ashes is unique in sport and deserves justice.

Cheers Tony.

I could not agree with you more, there is nothing worse than seeing us batter a defenceless aussie team :jiggy:

No only kidding i love to watch Australia as they play hard and are generally winners and with us now being able to compete all is good in the greatest sport in the world :notworthy:

I am embracing most things Aussie but I don't think I'll EVER be able to support them in cricket against England. I feel that I supported them through all the bad years (including coming over to Oz for 4 tests in 98/99) that I am certainly not turning my back on them in the good times! I was at Edgbaston for every day in 2005 and I can't imagine having that kind of emotion for the Australian team.

Anyway I am more into Test cricket to be honest but like a bit of ODI and T20 for fun. Was very impressed that it was on regular TV here and stayed up until about 1am watching it the other night.

I agree about an even contest being exciting - not sure I'll ever experience a series the the Ashes 2005 again. Amazing.

Guest Andy
I am embracing most things Aussie but I don't think I'll EVER be able to support them in cricket against England. I feel that I supported them through all the bad years (including coming over to Oz for 4 tests in 98/99) that I am certainly not turning my back on them in the good times! I was at Edgbaston for every day in 2005 and I can't imagine having that kind of emotion for the Australian team.

Anyway I am more into Test cricket to be honest but like a bit of ODI and T20 for fun. Was very impressed that it was on regular TV here and stayed up until about 1am watching it the other night.

I agree about an even contest being exciting - not sure I'll ever experience a series the the Ashes 2005 again. Amazing.

Yes that series was awesome, i went for the first day at Lords, ( the test we lost ) and there was something like 15 wickets falling, brilliant.

What about the loud mouths Andy? What tales can you tell??? :wink:

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Yes that series was awesome, i went for the first day at Lords, ( the test we lost ) and there was something like 15 wickets falling, brilliant.

I was there for days 3 and 4 which comprised of rain and losing. I was there with a very smug Aussie too which made it worse. Soooo wish he'd be with me for Edgbaston.

Guest Andy
What about the loud mouths Andy? What tales can you tell??? :wink:

Mate all was good on Friday, everyone behaving. Dont worry if anything went on i would soon tell you :wink: you know me i like a moan

Guest Andy

Aussie's looking good this morning, 49 -1 after 10

Cheers Tony.

See heres the thing, I want to see the Aussie team on its knees, humilated series after series over decades, beset by injuries, hampered by madcap selectors, even assaulted in parochial pubs by overly jingoistic poms.

Only then will they know what it actually feels like....

My Brain Hurts!

Guest Ptp113
See heres the thing, I want to see the Aussie team on its knees, humilated series after series over decades, beset by injuries, hampered by madcap selectors, even assaulted in parochial pubs by overly jingoistic poms.

Only then will they know what it actually feels like....

At the hand of the British Empire Cricket Team?

Guest Andy

Did not get to watch the game today as have been out, England won by 6 wickets with 4 overs left so that is a bit of a thrashing really, maybe only the weather can stop us winning 5 - 0 :notworthy:

Aussies are rubbish, if we ant beat them we might as well pack in.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Did not get to watch the game today as have been out, England won by 6 wickets with 4 overs left so that is a bit of a thrashing really, maybe only the weather can stop us winning 5 - 0 :notworthy:

Bit of a hiding, hopefully the weather stays good at least there can't be any excuses then, if you beat us fair and square

You've posted on the wrong thread sunshine....lol

Guest Andy

The aussies are not rubbish at all, in fact they are the best side in the world in the 50 over form, England are snapping at their heels though

Bit of a hiding, hopefully the weather stays good at least there can't be any excuses then, if you beat us fair and square

You a real Aussie or a plastic aussie.

The aussies are not rubbish at all, in fact they are the best side in the world in the 50 over form, England are snapping at their heels though

Look at the rankings and report back.

Guest Andy
Look at the rankings and report back.

I think you will find the aussies are the number 1 side, why do you know different?

You a real Aussie or a plastic aussie.

Plastic Aussie/real Aussie can you give me a definition of both?

Plastic Aussie/real Aussie can you give me a definition of both?

Plastic s someone born in the uk and emigrated to oz

Plastic s someone born in the uk and emigrated to oz

Ah right, thanks for that....

I must be a real one then, just let me check my passport, yep it's blue and has a kangaroo and emu on it, POB westmead....