New Consolidated Skilled Occupations List

Alan Collett

Guest aidini

I have been assessed as "Instrumentation and Control Engineer" ANZSCO 233999 (Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified), and the limit is 540 for 2339. Unfortunately, this code contains 7 subgroups,so in best case 77 applicants may be selected from 233999 till July 2013.

I need to get state sponsorship in order to pass 60 points. So, do you think choosing a specific state would be determinant and effective?

(I have applied for South Australia sponsorship)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jennlawrence

Hello Dear

Does this mean that there is one federal state/ territory migration list as opposed to separate states providing their on lists of preferred occupations in demand? Thanks in advance .

Hello Dear

Does this mean that there is one federal state/ territory migration list as opposed to separate states providing their on lists of preferred occupations in demand? Thanks in advance .

My understanding, and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone,is this. There is a main CSOL list which is split into schedule 1 and 2, found on skillselect http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ . If your occupation is on schedule 1 then you can apply for sub class 189 which needs no state sponsorship and has no restrictions on where you move to. If your occupation is on schedule 2 then you need to apply for sub class 190, state nominated visa and you have to move to whichever state you get nominated by/you select for at least 2 years. With sub class 190 you can either opt for any state to view your EOI or you can nominate an individual state. From what I've seen most states give prefrence to applicants who specify them rather than the all states option. All states do have their own list of skills in demand and if you are going to go down the nominating an individual state route it's best to check these out to see who wants you. (my choices are N.T and Tasmania, chalk and cheese or what!) The best place I found to start looking for the lists was go to skillselect, then under the 'invitation and selection process' drop down all the state government web sites are listed. There is no set format to the sites though and finding their skills in demand list isn't that straight forward but open a few tabs, generally start with the migration tab if they have one, and hunt from there. The lists are in the main a PDF that opens in another window. Hope this helps.

Edited by Gareth 666

The EOI website has allowed my daughter to submit her application - as an office manager :tongue:

It may well be that it goes no further but the site let her submit so we've given it a go - now we wait :laugh:

Good day Val. I am in the same situation as you. Got my assessment as an office manager as positive on july 19. I am at a loss, the elation i felt when i found out that i got a positive assessment was quickly replaced by sadness and despair when is saw that office manager is no longer on the list. Any advice on what should be my next step?

Good day Val. I am in the same situation as you. Got my assessment as an office manager as positive on july 19. I am at a loss, the elation i felt when i found out that i got a positive assessment was quickly replaced by sadness and despair when is saw that office manager is no longer on the list. Any advice on what should be my next step?

My daughter has now applied to vetassess for a reassessment under a different occupational code. It is costing almost as much as the original application but there wasn't really any other option for her. We are now back to waiting to see what the result will be. You certainly have to have lots of patience in this game :rolleyes:

My daughter has now applied to vetassess for a reassessment under a different occupational code. It is costing almost as much as the original application but there wasn't really any other option for her. We are now back to waiting to see what the result will be. You certainly have to have lots of patience in this game :rolleyes:

Wishing good luck with the assessment!!!

Yes one really needs to be patient when applying for pr in AU, have to do a lot of research to be able to find another way to apply. I just don't understand why they removed Office Manager on the list, it says on their report that they need 9600. If you don't mind me asking, what occupational code would your daughter be using now? We are thinking of having my wife's occupation assessed since hers is on the sol, that means we need a new application and shell out the full fee again :sad:

Hi my wife is being assessed as facility manager, I was wondering if my wife gets a positave perminant visa application on either the 190 or 186, will that make me "her husband" a permanent residant so I can apply for a job in the fire brigade? Thanks.

Yes one really needs to be patient when applying for pr in AU, have to do a lot of research to be able to find another way to apply. I just don't understand why they removed Office Manager on the list, it says on their report that they need 9600. If you don't mind me asking, what occupational code would your daughter be using now? We are thinking of having my wife's occupation assessed since hers is on the sol, that means we need a new application and shell out the full fee again :sad:

She has applied for a reassessment under the code for program or project administrator 511111 - her work covers the tasks in this code - just hope that vetassess agree :err:

She has applied for a reassessment under the code for program or project administrator 511111 - her work covers the tasks in this code - just hope that vetassess agree :err:

Unfortunately i couldn't find a different occupation that would fit what i do. We will have my wife's occupation assessed instead. I hope it won't be money down the drain again.

Wishing your daughter good luck with her reassessment.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/5788/STNI-Update-List-of-Occupations-22.09.11.pdf hi I am super confused now. We missed the boat with the old visa application system and were now resigned to the 189 PR independent visa under one of the IT codes. We want to go to Sydney as we have family/friends there and I have now noticed there is a NSW list(for 190) as shown in my link which has a few suitable options but it is from 2011. If we go 189 then we are on list 1 of occupations with 70 points but if we go 190 then we are 75 points but only on list 2! Does anyone know if you can have a skill assessment for more than 1 code and if you can apply for a 189 on 1 code and a 190 on another code! Any help much appreciated :))

Guest SeekMiningJob

My concern when moving to Australia is that how would they confirm ones qualification. Do they contact where ever you said you got your degree from or they just take your word for it.

Thanks for your help guys

I think depending on your occupation on the list there is a corresponding assessing body which has to verify both your qual's and your work experience against the code you are applying for the visa on, if that makes any sense! for example my husband is in IT and the assessing body is ACT the Australian Computing Society, they will take his qualifications and work experience and give him a letter confirming (or not) that he meets the required standard as set out by the Australian Immigration department.HTH.

Guest sweetazzfcuk

hello,this is my first post on this site,just wondering can someone give me any advice! I've came here mid march 2012 (perth) and having working for nearly 3months as a field assistant which was good for mining experience and regional work,quit early july so I could do my HR licence,i have been told by a company I'l be starting as an offsider in next 2weeks,but as being on working hol visa I can only work for 6months straight with them,they said after 3months they'd prob try and train me up towards a driller,tho this usually takes a year or two, what visa options would I have after 6months working for them? as i'm looking to stay in oz for years to come n train right up to be a driller?

• 2 weeks later...

i am also trying to apply for office manager initially and have my Assessment completed with positive outcome. Really shocking to see my occupation out of the CSOL list. Can anyone give me the link for the ceiling list and what can i do for continuing last day one of my friend said to me if i have Job Offer of one company in Australia i can take visa .anyone can help me :no: , thank you

Fingers crossed with my EoI, construction still seems strong meaning my VETASSESS assessment as Project Builder still remains in demand. I was also very surprised to receive my VETASSESS assessment back in 2 weeks with a fully positive outcome and I understand that they did contact my 2 employers over the last 15 years.

S

• 1 year later...
Some good news we are still on SOL 1.

I am confused about this list as well. Does this mean that if you are on this list, it applies to all states?

Hi Candy girl,

i want to ask u some information, as i have also did my TRA assessmnt, and now applying for 489 visa ,want S.S from South Australia.

Now can u tell me on how much points did u got ur S.S and wat was trade occupation.One thing more that does we need migration points assess(MPA) from TRA after a successful skill assessment from TRA. tnx

waiting for prompt reply.