New Consolidated Skilled Occupations List

Alan Collett

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anadeem
457, 186, 190, 489ss

Could you please help me finding my Occupation in relevant State (225411) as state sponsored.

Would appreciate if can suggest some link / thread or guideline to apply for

State sponsored Immigration under SOL 225411

Below are my details for points calculation

39 years

4 year Bechelors

10 years experience

IELTS - 7 / 7/ 7.5 / 6

Total points ?

Hi my jois on the csol 149913 facilities manager, we are looking for state sponsorship but the Perth list has still not been realised, Can I express a EOI in the hope that a state or company sees it and wishes to sponsor me?

thanks.

Facilities manager 12 years experience

CBRE

Land Securities

Jones lang lasalle

NEBOSH

IOSH

AsocRICS

That's the whole idea of the new system Varian - you complete your EOI and it is then available for both the states and employers to see. When completing the EOI it will ask you for which states you wish to be considered for. Some states are stating that they will only offer sponsorship to people who have only selected their state - for instance, if you select WA, SA and QLD as states that you are interested in, SA will not even consider your application.

Hi, I've just joined up as we're looking to escape to Oz and this seemed a good place for advice. I've had a good look through this thread and I was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on something please. My job is in schedule 2 so I guess I needed to apply for Skilled-Nominated sub class 190? If I am correct in this assumption, the way I read the description on Skillselect, once I've applied and, hopefully, been accepted, we can move to anywhere in Oz. Is this right or do we have to go to the nominated state for a set period?

Thanks

Guest Levimouse

You have to agree to stay in the nominated state for two years. It's kind of why they nominate you in the first place.

Hi, thanks for that. The skillselect site says nothing about minimum stay in the nominated state, although I couldn't see why the state would nominate you if you were going to go elsewhere. I see that if you don't apply after receiving 2 invites then you are removed from Skillselect, but how do you know what states to apply to for your job type? Is there a site you can visit that gives state ceilings as well as national ones? In other words, can you submit several EOI's naming different states then see what comes back? If so and say 3 states sent invites, would you automatically be removed from Skillselect as you'd not applied after receiving 2 invites? Sorry if this is a bit long winded but I'm a touch confused by the way they've worded the whole thing.

Guest Levimouse

All of the states will have a list of occupations they'll sponsor on their websites, so have a look at those first.

When you submit your EOI you can either select a state to sponsor you or select 'no preference' so you are open to all states. However a word of caution, some states (I think Queensland for definite) will not sponsor you if you select 'no preference' so I would say it pays to research the states 1st and pick which one you want to be sponsored by. So I knew that only SA and WA will sponsor me so did some research and have decided on WA.

If you select no preference and 3 states will nominate you I don't think you get 3 invites. It'll just be 1 invite stating which states will sponsor you and therefore you have to pick one.

As this is a new process it is still confusing as to how the process works. So for us we will lodge our EOI then make our application on the WA site for their sponsorship (they ask for the EOI reference or something). If that application is successful then we will get an instant update. However I cannot see how this will work with the no preference option. If you state no preference then how do you go and apply for any particular state and thus get an invite? You wouldn't apply to all direct as they charge $200 for it!

I hope at least some of that was helpful.

Thank you Levimouse, that does help. We've been thinking about making the jump for a year or more, been trying to sort some work qualifications out, and now we're in a position to do it they've changed it all!!!!! I notice my wife will have to take IELTS as well to prove functional English, does anyone know if she has to take hers before the EOI is submitted or can it wait until any invite. Obvoiusly I'm gonna have to do mine before to ensure all is right in case of a swift invite but we didn't want to have to fork out another £125 straight away in case nothing comes of our application then it's money down the drain. BTW, as this is quite a new system, has anyone had any sucess with it yet and if so is it cutting down the time as hoped?

Edited by Gareth 666

Guest Levimouse

Happy to help gbuss.

Does your wife definitely have to take the IELTS? Does she not have a British passport?

I do not know for certain but I imagine that if it is going to be your visa (with your wife just added onto it) then you can submit an EOI before she does the IELTS. However if you are claiming visa points from her as well (i.e. it's a joint application) then you probably have to get her IELTS done before the EOI.

To be honest I would contact a reputable migration agent just to clarify where you stand. Ian Harrop, Visa Bureau and GoMatilda are highly recommended on here. I can personally recommend Ian Harrop.

Guest Katie H

Hi there,

Both myself and my fiance are looking to move to Australia some time over the next year. I am an Office Manager and my fiance has a Class 1 and 2 licence. I know that his occupation is not listed on the SOL....and now its looking like mine isnt on their either anymore. Any advise as to which way road go down now? My fiance does have uncle, aunt and cousins lisving in Brisbane and Queensland so could possibly get sponsers?! Please help!

:)

Welcome to PIO.

Having family in Brisbane, they will not be able to sponsor you, as for family to be sponsors your require an occupation on SOL 1 and the sponsors must live in regional australia.

Office Manager was removed from the SOL 1 July 2012.

Speak to a registered migration agent - to see if with your job there is another occupation code that you may be able to gain a positve skills assessment for.

Just put our vetasses in for office manager 4 weeks ago, agency seem to think the office manager off the list is a mistake and will be corrected????? cant find any evidence for this though even if it does come through we cant use it for an application can we? Totally gutted and now confused with all the mixed views on this. Any advice as the agy is being rather blunt just telling us to wait until vetasses comes back.

cheers mel

Just put our vetasses in for office manager 4 weeks ago, agency seem to think the office manager off the list is a mistake and will be corrected????? cant find any evidence for this though even if it does come through we cant use it for an application can we? Totally gutted and now confused with all the mixed views on this. Any advice as the agy is being rather blunt just telling us to wait until vetasses comes back.

any ideas how long it would take to get this corrected :(

Thankyou Alan I am awaiting the office manager vetassess and now feel there is no point weather it comes back or not as it is now worthless, yet my agent is telling me not to worry and to wait to see what vetassess says??? any reason why an agent would do this knowing the position i am now in?

thanks for the info as always everyone on here really does make a difference!!

cheers mel :D

Thankyou Alan I am awaiting the office manager vetassess and now feel there is no point weather it comes back or not as it is now worthless, yet my agent is telling me not to worry and to wait to see what vetassess says??? any reason why an agent would do this knowing the position i am now in?

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L01451

The Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL), is a single list of occupations for employer sponsored and State / Territory nominated skilled visa Subclasses.

The CSOL replaces the Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS), Temporary Business (Long Stay - Subclass 457), and General Skilled Migration (GSM) State / Territory nominated Skilled Occupations Lists.

Best regards.

Hello me1.

At the risk of being a hostage to fortune, I am not expecting the occupation Office Manager to be put back on the SOL or CSOL any time soon.

Maybe discuss with your agent possible alternative occupations that will help achieve the desired end for you.

Best regards.

A bit of a qualification question if anyone can help please. Although I've been employed in my trade for over 20 years, all my training to date has been 'on the job'. I have been able to start a level 3 nvq to support my application but this will not be completed until this December and will then take time to get TRA recognisation. I do have employers statements testifying that I have fullfilled my position to a level expected of a fully qualified trades person for over 10 years and I was wondering if anybody out there knows if I can use these statements to prove my skills to the TRA?

Many thanks