New Consolidated Skilled Occupations List

Alan Collett

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read about people commenting on how many places are available but I dont se this on the list i'm looking at (knowing me its the wrong one! lol) Could someone please post a link to this list.

Thanks

Ielts Overall 8.5 Nov 2012, Vetassess Approved May 2012

There are quite a few anomalies between the Schedule 1 & 2 lists and the occupation ceilings list with occupations being on only one of the two - hopefully DIAC will look at the glitches and sort them out so that we all know definitively what occupations are, or not, available via the skills shortages route.

So the only list I can find released is Victoria, nothing else as of yet. You'd think they'd make sure that al the lists were up today ready to go live today, even if it is the weekend! Especially knowing that loads of people would have been waiting for today!! x

Hi, i am also trying to apply for office manager initially and have my Vetassess completed with positive outcome. Really shocking and furious to see my occupation out of the CSOL list. Can anyone give me the link for the ceiling list, thank you

Hi Yeong family. Scroll up a few messages and you'll see a reply from Val to me (Cables) with a link. xx

Hi All

NB- To all who are submitting EOIs and selecting all states for SS, the following is from South Australia SS application

'Question 2

Have you lodged your Expression of interest (EOI) with DIAC? Yes No

Have you lodged your Expression of Interest (EOR) through Skill Select with the Federal Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

Have you chosen SA only and the relevant Visa subclass on your EOI? Yes No

Immigration SA will only consider nomination applicants in SkillSelect who have selected South Australia only and the relevant State nominated visa subclass. Applicants will need to assess their own suitability for the relevant visa subclass'

So probably best to choose a state.

Thanks

xxx

spoke to agent today and he too mentioned the mix up between CSOL and the ceilings (quota) list. My occupation is on CSOL but doesnt show up the quota so is checking it out... i think its the same (the other way around) for Office manager but we dont know as of yet which list is correct!!! Grr!!!! xx

Hi,

Sorry to sound daft but my husband lodged his 176 application back in May 2010 as a Vocational Teacher (Non-Trades), this doesn't appear on the SOL but is on the CSOL and is on the Occupation Ceiling Report as 2160, does this mean we should expect our Visa to start being processed soon? I think we're currently in Priority Group 5?

Thank you xx

Hi,

Sorry to sound daft but my husband lodged his 176 application back in May 2010 as a Vocational Teacher (Non-Trades), this doesn't appear on the SOL but is on the CSOL and is on the Occupation Ceiling Report as 2160, does this mean we should expect our Visa to start being processed soon? I think we're currently in Priority Group 5?

Thank you xx

Are you family sponsored??

If you are you will still be Cat 5 - as occupations on CSOL require State Sponsorship - you could apply for state sponsorship if there is a state sponsoring your occupation as you applied Before July 2010 you can still change your application to 176SS

Are you family sponsored??

If you are you will still be Cat 5 - as occupations on CSOL require State Sponsorship - you could apply for state sponsorship if there is a state sponsoring your occupation as you applied Before July 2010 you can still change your application to 176SS

Hi Lebourvellec, thanks for the reply, yes we are currently family sponsored but if Hubby's occupation came up on QLD's state list we would jump at it. So am I right in thinking that unless it does appear on any of the states' lists we're probably not going to get a CO any sooner than we are now?

Thanks once again :) x

Hi Lebourvellec, thanks for the reply, yes we are currently family sponsored but if Hubby's occupation came up on QLD's state list we would jump at it. So am I right in thinking that unless it does appear on any of the states' lists we're probably not going to get a CO any sooner than we are now?

Thanks once again :) x

You should speak to a RMA - but unless you get SS you will just have to wait - there are only 4200 family sponsored places for this financial year - and all applicants that are Priority Processing 4 will have to be completed before processing Cat 5.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

You have a moral obligation to live and work in the state that has sponsored you.