New Consolidated Skilled Occupations List

Alan Collett

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L01451

The Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL), is a single list of occupations for employer sponsored and State / Territory nominated skilled visa Subclasses.

The CSOL replaces the Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS), Temporary Business (Long Stay - Subclass 457), and General Skilled Migration (GSM) State / Territory nominated Skilled Occupations Lists.

Best regards.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alan,

Does this mean that there is one federal state/ territory migration list as opposed to separate states providing their on lists of preferred occupations in demand? Thanks in advance .

Hi craigyboy.

I anticipate that the State and Territory wanted skills lists will be a subset of the CSOL.

In other words your occupation being on the CSOL doesn't mean your occupation will be on your preferred State Government's wanted skills list. You (or your agent) will need to check the State lists and confirm your visa pathway - agents such as us (Go Matilda) use software to do this comparison across the States to check the options for clients.

Best regards.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L01451

The Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL), is a single list of occupations for employer sponsored and State / Territory nominated skilled visa Subclasses.

The CSOL replaces the Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS), Temporary Business (Long Stay - Subclass 457), and General Skilled Migration (GSM) State / Territory nominated Skilled Occupations Lists.

Best regards.

THANKS for this seems we are on our way for the 489 docs being lodged next week:biggrin:

heart thumping as I read through the list horrible to have to do but that little word that meant we go or stay is still there thank god!

Hi craigyboy.

I anticipate that the State and Territory wanted skills lists will be a subset of the CSOL.

In other words your occupation being on the CSOL doesn't mean your occupation will be on your preferred State Government's wanted skills list. You (or your agent) will need to check the State lists and confirm your visa pathway - agents such as us (Go Matilda) use software to do this comparison across the States to check the options for clients.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

When do you anticipate all information being available in order to see which states are offering places to the occupations on the CSOL?

Cheers.

Next week - probably, but don't hold me to it!

Our phone conversations with State Governments indicate we can expect to see details of procedures and requirements in this brave new world imminently.

Best regards.

Alan, My occupation is a land economist fortunately on sol 1, I am unfortunately not on any state smp, I am also not on th new csol list. Does this enable me to get extra points for state migration or will I still h

ave to go independent. Thanks in advance.

Hi. Am I right in saying that (assuming I don't have an employer sponsor in place) an occupation that appears on this csol list is only useful if it also shows up on one of the state migration plans? I realise that state migration plans change, but in the case that it doesn't appear in a state list is there any other pathway to making use of it appearing on the csol? Cheers.

Oh crikey!

My daughter's successful vetassess paperwork arrived yesterday from Oz - for office manager.

It looks like this has now been removed from the list - so having got the bit of paper, am I right in thinking that it is now totally worthless??? Money down the drain ???

Why would vetassess continue to assess people with the job being removed - that is appalling :realmad:

Oh crikey!

My daughter's successful vetassess paperwork arrived yesterday from Oz - for office manager.

It looks like this has now been removed from the list - so having got the bit of paper, am I right in thinking that it is now totally worthless??? Money down the drain ???

Why would vetassess continue to assess people with the job being removed - that is appalling :realmad:

Your post highlights how using an efficient agent can make the difference between going and not going.

If the VETASSESS result had been sent directly to an agent in Australia an application for State Sponsorship to (say) WA could have been lodged at the start of this week - indeed, up to noon WA time yesterday. With that Sponsorship an application for the grant of a subclass 176 visa could have been made before the deadline tomorrow.

As things stand, its not looking great for your daughter.

Best regards.

Hi craigyboy.

Best regards.

The obligation to stay in the state that nominates you for 2 yrs is being removed (as far as I'm aware from the DIAC live chat event), so I'm surprised that there will still be an occpuation list per state. Do you have any more info about how/if they are going to ensure people go to the place that nominated them?

Thanks

There has never been a visa restriction that requires State Sponsored permanent visaholders to live in the sponsoring State.

Applicants sign an undertaking to reside in the Sponsoring State - and I assume (time will tell) will continue to do so under the EoI arrangements.

This isn't an enforceable undertaking, but - in my view - ought not be signed simply to achieve a visa outcome.

Personally I wonder why all State Sponsored visas aren't provisional. These visas require the visa applicant to live and work in regional Australia before they can obtain permanent residency - and would be an effective way to stop State Sponsored migrants moving inter-State to work in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, or Perth. If the Aus Government was serious about the dispersal of migrants into the regions they'd do away with the present 176 (what will be the State Sponsored 190), and say that all State Sponsoreds must apply for a subclass 489 visa.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

There has never been a visa restriction that requires State Sponsored permanent visaholders to live in the sponsoring State.

Applicants sign an undertaking to reside in the Sponsoring State - and I assume (time will tell) will continue to do so under the EoI arrangements.

This isn't an enforceable undertaking, but - in my view - ought not be signed simply to achieve a visa outcome.

Personally I wonder why all State Sponsored visas aren't provisional. These visas require the visa applicant to live and work in regional Australia before they can obtain permanent residency - and would be an effective way to stop State Sponsored migrants moving inter-State to work in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, or Perth. If the Aus Government was serious about the dispersal of migrants into the regions they'd do away with the present 176 (what will be the State Sponsored 190), and say that all State Sponsoreds must apply for a subclass 489 visa.

Best regards.

Thanks for your response, I agree there would apparently be many ways in which Australia could improve the system in order to acheive better results for them.

I'm also bit confused about how the Schedule 1 list works - is this also open to state nomination or is that just schedule 2 (CSOL)?

An occupation on the CSOL is available for sponsorship by a State or Territory Government - assuming your occupation is also on the State/Territory Government's wanted skills list.

Having an occupation on the CSOL doesn't necessarily mean a State Sponsored visa pathway is available to you.

Does this help?

An occupation on the CSOL is available for sponsorship by a State or Territory Government - assuming your occupation is also on the State/Territory Government's wanted skills list.

Having an occupation on the CSOL doesn't necessarily mean a State Sponsored visa pathway is available to you.

Does this help?

Not quite :) Will the state specific occupation lists include occupations from Schedule 1? Or only from CSOL?