retirement to oz

Guest aberdeen

Guest Gollywobbler
hello

can anyone give me any info about retirement to oz.

thanks from val in aberdeen.

Hi Val

Ho hum, my dear! In practical terms, it is very unlikely that you would be able to adopt Australia as your permanent home in retirement unless you are a Parent who can satisfy the Balance of Family Test.

If, having retired from work, you would be content to heft a lot of money in Australia's direction for the privilege of being allowed to reside there temporarily only, they do offer an Investor Retirement visa which does NOT confer Permanent Residence.

Bring it on, Val. What's the score and what is driving your question? I am reluctant to shower you with a load of links to things to consider if 3/4 of them might be irrelevant to you, because I have no wish to exasperate you with ideas that wouldn't stand a chance in your own case due to facts which you have not told us about yet.

Guest aberdeen

hello gill,

thank you for your reply.

I have some family in melbourne and also friends there too.

at the moment I am 54 and I intend retiring to oz in three years time ,so I will be 57 .

I know it is a long time away but I just wanted to find out if anyone else could give me an insight to the problems I will encounter.

can my brother in laws and friends help me in any way?

Guest Gollywobbler
hello gill,

thank you for your reply.

I have some family in melbourne and also friends there too.

at the moment I am 54 and I intend retiring to oz in three years time ,so I will be 57 .

I know it is a long time away but I just wanted to find out if anyone else could give me an insight to the problems I will encounter.

can my brother in laws and friends help me in any way?

Hi Val

I have sent you an essay in the form of a PM.

• 4 months later...
Guest Gollywobbler

HI again Val

There is one option which you and I didn't discuss when we exchanged PMs earlier in the year.

Would you be prepared to consider a student visa for Oz? Depending on what you do now, you could always do an MBA or something - loads of those around nowadays.

Natch, you need to be careful about the promoters of these courses - they are on commissions from the education-providers, who deperately need these foreign students for the profits they can make from teaching them.

However, if you can afford the fees etc, it could be an option, perhaps.

Worth a look at the student stuff on the DIMA website anyway, and I've come across a site which supposedly helps wannabe students. If the ide appeals, I'd suggest bleeding the man dry for free information, but just don't get sucked into anything too readily.

http://www.aiec.biz/english_version/hun.html

Cheers, hunny

Gill

Archived