Minxey

Skills Select

Hello All,

Unfortunately due to my IELTS not attaining the band needed I have missed the deadline for SS/WA and applying for my 176, just when I got my head around it all.... so upset still :-(

Anyway, can anyone highlight on the new legislation as will need to understand this process now.

I have my positive Vetassess, but need an 8.0 band to attain 70 points.

Do I retake my IELTS and apply to the State as before and then apply online?

So confusing!

Thanks for your help out there :biggrin:

Hi,

I don't know for sure, but I'll be applying for NSW state sponsorship this week (once my money order finally comes through) so expecting that it will still count in the same way as before. They would have stopped taking applications if it was meaningless....I'm hoping.

By my maths, band 8s to give you 70 points suggests you have 50 without IELTS. You still need another 10 points minimum from somewhere (for skillselect 60). Band 7s would be enough to get you this. If you got 7's I don't think you need to re-sit.

I'm sure someone who'll be of better assistance will respond though :)

From Berkshire UK to Sydney: EOI lodged 02/07/12. Arrived 10/01/13

Katiem,

I am wanting to attain 20 points for the ielts as that does push it up to 70.... SS for WA I need 65 plus and a band 8 is what will suffice for this.

So I am assuming the process is still the same, take the ielts, apply SS and then apply to the department of immigration?

As far as I know you wont be able to apply direct to the State after 1 July and after you receive your IELTS results you will require to lodge an EOI stating you would like SS from WA.

Lebourvellec you ar full of knowledge! Thank-you :biggrin:

Ok, so I should still go ahead with my IELTS and then can lodge an EOI? will all the same paperwork be required?

Guest ozmigrationservices

Hello Minxey,

When applying for EOI, applicant must have all documents ready for the points that they are claiming. The reason behind that is, if you get invited for application of visa you only have 30 days to supply the documents on which you claimed you points. Lodging an EOI, will not give you a guaranteed offer to apply for visa, it is ranked by however has the highest points will be invited.

Hope this helps.

arnela

Ok - so to clarify - that would be all the paperwork collated for my positive vetassess results inclusive of and my ielts once done? I mean everything...

I suppose because when you apply for the 176 you still had to sort out police checks and meds so was a bit confused and didn't know if this would still be the case. I have all my paperwork ready, so hoping for the ielts results that I need ....

Guest ozmigrationservices

If you are applying before 1st July 2012...Character and police clearance (do not apply for police clearances until requested to do so), which is under current policies.

Hope helps :)

Thanks again all for your guidance and help...... hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Don't know how they can say there are any benefits..... eek..... as you are in a waiting poole :sad: at least when applying for an actual visa it was guaranteed.. why oh why does it feel so hard!!

Thanks again all for your guidance and help...... hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Don't know how they can say there are any benefits..... eek..... as you are in a waiting poole :sad: at least when applying for an actual visa it was guaranteed.. why oh why does it feel so hard!!

With your occupation you will require State Sponsorship - when you get the SS you will automatically be invited to apply, regardless of how much points you have, as long as you pass the points test.

Really? ok..... just trying to get my head around it all - so process as follows:

Ielts - pass (eventually!):biggrin:

Submit EOI ? sorry just getting confused with SS thing..

Really? ok..... just trying to get my head around it all - so process as follows:

Ielts - pass (eventually!):biggrin:

Submit EOI ? sorry just getting confused with SS thing..

I know - when you submit your EOI - you put which states that you wish to be considered for sponsorship.

From the information on SKillselect is that the States will go through the database to get people to nominate - if nominated you will be invited to apply. But I have also read that to get State nomination you will still need to put in an application as you currently - as there is a $200 charge with WA SS.

It is very confusing how it is going to work - you are not the only one who is confused.

Once you pass your IELTS, hopefully the process will be clearer once it is up an running.