How often do you wash your hair?

BritChickx

Seriously, me and Paul are having a bicker about how often we wash our hair, he washes his every day and thinks i'm weird cos i wash mine every other day, I say it's not healthy to wash it every day, lol, loads of other people I know don't wash their hair every day either :P

Ladies and gents please help us out, what do you do? Haha, weird thread I know but i'll go to great lengths to prove i'm not a weirdo....honest :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is down to length, when mine was really long I'd wash every 2-3 days as it was a hassle to dry plus over-wahing/drying is bad for longer hair. Now I have a chin-length bob and wash it every morning, drying time is around 15 mins and I get it cut regularly to get rid of split ends. Am surprised that my haircuts here cost the same in $ as they did in £ in the UK but then dry/spray cuts are common and I can live without the blow-dry :o)

Guest The Ropey HOFF
To give there mouths a rest?

Its really annoying, i think the wife does it, to annoy me, she knows theres house work for her to do and she slacks hoff by doing this, lol..

By the way i get a bath everyday, i soak for ages posting on PIO, chillaxing. lol

I have really long hair and only wash once or twice a week. If I had short hair I would probably wash it every day in the shower. But having 3 very young children I just don't get the time to wash and dry every day, plus, as someone else mentioned it isn't good for your hair to wash every day. I have recently bought some dry shampoo and that is great for when you're in a hurry and hair could do with a wash, it really works!

I wash mine every 4days, my Mum has washed her hair once a week on a Sunday since she was little girl she has never used Conditioner and she has fantastic hair, funny my Granddad was a very well known Barbie in his day and he told her you had to let the oils come out first, another thing I would love to know how many washes do you all do??? I wash 2 times first to get rid of all dirt and second to clean.

Laney x

I have very long hair and wash it every single day with a gentle shampoo (just once) and a good conditioner plus a moisture treatment when I feel I need it. I work out most days too so need to wash it after exercise. I always let my hair dry naturally except when I go to see my hairdresser and that's the only time it sees a hairdryer. My hair is in good condition - normal hair with a bit of colour in it to liven it up.

Used to use Lush hair stuff, it's gorgeous but can't justify the cost though the shampoo bars are ok value. I still have a big bottle of their American Cream conditioner "for special". For everyday I use Pantene, the huuuge pump bottles are great value when on a half price special as they were in Woolies recently!

Dry shampoo is great for less frequent hair-washers, but bloomin pricy here. I have a couple of tins of coconut Batiste bought in Superdrug for 99p, they punt for around $7 here :oO but an old wives tip is to sprinkle cheap talc in your hair and brush it out :o)