Starting Prep in QLD - any advice??

Guest Trueblue22

Guest Trueblue22

Hi

My son will be 4 in July and will be starting school in the UK this Sept. We are moving to Townsville in Oct :biggrin: and I know that according to QLD rules he won't be eligible to start Prep until Jan 2014,as he misses the cut off date by 6 days (d.o.b 06/07/08)

I know there are exceptions whereby they will allow him to start a year earlier, do you think this would be possible in his case due to the fact that he will already be attending school and is only a few days over the cut off? Does anyone have any experience in QLD on this issue?

Many thanks in advance

Zoe x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Zoe, I think something like this would be on a case by case basis and dependent on the school. Personally I'd say keep him at home and make the most of it.

Guest Trueblue22
Hi Zoe, I think something like this would be on a case by case basis and dependent on the school. Personally I'd say keep him at home and make the most of it.

Thanks for your comment. sadly I have to work so he ill just be in day care ayway.. I'd rather him continue at school in case we came back to the UK, as he would really be behind. I don't mean academically of course, just in terms of the other kids his age will be used to going to school.

Zoe x

• 2 weeks later...

This is from our newsletter in QLD

We are now accepting enrolment applications for Prep 2013. Prep enrolment eligibility for 2013 is for children who are born between 1st July 2007 – 30th June 2008. Enrolment forms are available from the Administration Office.

so your daughter would start 2013