Renting. where in Brisbane

Guest trev

Guest trev

Can anyone give us some info on the best suburbs to go in brisbane.

& aslo where not to go. any help appreciated

Hiya

This is a question i think 90% of us have asked and there can be no exact answer ,Brisbane is great and NOWHERE is like here,it depends what you are looking for ,,some places are more family orientated some are 'supposed to have ' a higher crime rate ,we visited Ipswich which is supposed to be one of the 'ones' to 'avoid' ,,it was beautiful, excellent amenities and well equppied for kids ,it really is to an extent personal prefernce,if you have a look at other posts on this site it will give you an excellent insight ,also try putting ABC DIAMOND in your search ,this guy is full of helpful infomation on the Brisbane area.I also found a book called Where to live in Greater Brisabne,this lists every suburb and gives statistics and info on each one ,it was very informative.

Hope this helps

Cal x

SO NEAR AND YET SO FAR !!!

Guest ABCDiamond

Do you want to be near Water ?

or Inland, where property may be cheaper ?

Near the CBD ?, and if so how far would you want to commute ?

Would you prefer nearer Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast ?

Did someone mention Inala ? Maybe not.... I always think of the Inala area whenever I hear police/fire/ambulance sirens ;) ( and I only ever visited the area once :D )

I do like my own area. Mind you, I saw TWO police cars around here last Wednesday !! I'm still wondering what was going on ;)

Thanks for the reply`s guys

yes would like to be near water/ been advised today that cleveland is nice and also alexandra hills is a nice area. any of you know what its like. got to move fast as visas arrived two days ago and only got six momths to enter Aus.

Regards Trev

Guest ABCDiamond
Thanks for the reply`s guys

yes would like to be near water/ been advised today that cleveland is nice and also alexandra hills is a nice area. any of you know what its like. got to move fast as visas arrived two days ago and only got six momths to enter Aus.

Regards Trev

Hi Trev

Cleveland and Alex Hills are in "Redlands/Brisbane Bayside" area, which, if you look at the location under my name, is where I happen to be living ;)

Cleveland can very nice, especially in the Raby Bay area (little under $1M property wise). But plenty of normal areas too.

I am a bit further south, about 10km south. No train station for us though.

Happy to help with any info on this area.

The locals may not think much of Alex Hills, well... it is 10 minutes drive to the water !! :D

thanks everyone

especialy ABC Diamond and can i ask are we going to be able to rent a 4 bed house thats under $350.00 e week in Redlands/cleveland area

cheers Trev

Guest ABCDiamond

11 Properties currently fit $350pw or less between Cleveland and Redland Bay

at Rental Property search

If you add Alexandra Hills & Ormiston into the search, another 4 houses are included. Those prices start at $300pw.

3 Bed properties go from about $225pw, and "realestate.com.au" currently list 46 properties between $225 and $350 pw in those areas.

Not all rentals will be shown on those listings, so direct contact with local Property agencies is advised.

Also remember, the Rent charged here includes council rates, so no extra to pay for that.

thanks for the reply your a handy person to know as that is were we are heading, how long have you been there, and have we made a wise decision...?

Regards Trev

Guest ABCDiamond

Hi Trev

I first came to Australia in 1986, but settled in NSW. I came to QLD at the end of 2002, and although not perfect, I can't think of much to complain about. It beats NSW hands down (for me) :)

I personally think the Brisbane Bayside is the best area to head for.

The main drawback for some people is that you have to commute if you work in Brisbane.

However, some people prefer to live in Cities, others like to live in the Hills etc., therefore it is not ideal for everyone.

But if you like being near the water, in a relaxed area, plenty of open spaces locally, only an hour from the CBD or the Gold Coast, then this isn't a bad spot.

It's is also a bit cooler here in the summer ;)

If you intend to commute to the city by train, take note that Cleveland is the first/last station on the route. (about a 1 hour trip)

• 8 months later...

Lost of talk of Cleveland. We are going to come up in July to have a look around generally. PLease can someone tell me how long does it take to commute by train from Cleveland?

And any notable schools public and private, primary and high. I have seen Cleveland state schools on the map, do they have a good reputation?

Thankyou very much

a

Guest The Ryders

Hi

Could I pick your brains. We have two West Highland Terriers we are hoping to bring out with us in September. Is it difficult to get a nice rented property with dogs?

Is it true that you submit a request to the landlord and they choose who they like?

Thanks for your help.

Hiya to an extent what you say is true ,because rental propertys are suffering a shortage due to the amount of people arriving in Oz ,you could find 6 or 7 people apply for one property,the dogs shouldnt be a problem as most propertys are fully fenced and nearly everyone has dogs,on your rental application offer a few months rent up front as this normally secures you the lease,hope this helps

Cal x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JoanneHattersley

http://www.centenaryquays.com.au

Try this place. It is in Jindalee which is about 12 kilometres from thge CBD. hubby and I lived here for 18 months and we loved it. plenty of shops within walking distance. You are beside the river and close to highway

Joanne

• 6 years later...

Inala ..... Its not necessarily a sub that I would recommend but I wont go as far as to say its the only place u hear police/fire/ambulance siren...

There are some wonderful people living in Inala

The Gold Coast heard of by near everyone world wide ..........reports crimes on a daily basis

Go figure....

Archived