The IT field Thread

PW1

Well done swamps!

Must admit, this thread makes me nervous. As a BA in the uK, I'm earning more than most other BAs and I've not had to look for longer than a few days for a new contract role. Not been out of a job for more than a week in the last 6 years of contracting. It's more luck than by design, but the idea of not finding work in such a long time makes me panicky.

Lucky enough for me, I'll be moving out before my family does and staying with family while I look for a job... hopefully that will relieve some pressure.

You have a ready made network in the UK here you are starting from scratch. No network, no local experience and there's the uncertainty around whether you will stay. So it can be hard.

You may need to take a role a bit lower (pay/responsibility) than you are used to in order to get things moving but it isn't impossible. Just keep your chin up and plough on.

Well done swamps!

Must admit, this thread makes me nervous. As a BA in the uK, I'm earning more than most other BAs and I've not had to look for longer than a few days for a new contract role. Not been out of a job for more than a week in the last 6 years of contracting. It's more luck than by design, but the idea of not finding work in such a long time makes me panicky.

Lucky enough for me, I'll be moving out before my family does and staying with family while I look for a job... hopefully that will relieve some pressure.

Hey Supercow - I'd say BA is a lot easier than PM and Change Manager in Brisbane at the moment. Be prepared to consider government work, but Suncorp are a big recruiter and take a lot of BA's especially with Agile experience

What is the market like in the UK? Heading back in the opposite direction to you next year

You may need to take a role a bit lower (pay/responsibility) than you are used to in order to get things moving but it isn't impossible.

If you are well experienced, this is unlikely. You will then get the 'too much experience' reply (if you get any reply at all). In other cases I have had agencies telling me the company is worried I will jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along. Doesn't matter what you tell them. Of course (to me anyway) salaries on offer are dropping. When I am asked what salary range I expect, I now give a range, with the bottom figure about $20k below what I would said have a couple of years ago.

Anyway, well done Swamps!

It's been a while since I've been on the thread and with a recent change in our situation I thought I'd quickly chime in...

After nearly 2yrs in Australia we've decided to head back to the UK. Like most who've made the decision, it's just come down to different strokes for different folks. To make our UK landing as soft as possible, I decided to do what I did before (when we were looking to move from the UK to AU) - start the job search remotely and see what could be lined up for when we landed back in the UK - initially I thought best case would be in-person meetings/interviews.

And I have to say, the process was 1000% easier this time around (AU to UK) - I'm sure it was due to a combination of things, but what struck me the most was the fact that most recruiters, employers and interviewers found my "global foot print" to be a huge asset. They didn't see the lack of experience locally for the past 2 years as a negative, they considered all of my experience - in total, as an opportunity to contribute a different point of view to the organisation - whereas when I was looking before for Australia, no one cared about the experience I had in the States, Europe or the Middle East, even Asia... all wanted local Australian experience. It seemed, at the time, not many were interested in the external experience you could bring into the organisation, they were more interested in maintaining the status quo. What relevance could you bring to the role, did you have the Australian mind-set, etc. For me, I found this very challenging in positioning myself as the best possible candidate for the job I was going for... I did in the end succeed with a global company (I mentioned before in another posting that, that only lasted 6 months before I was on to my next role).

Anyway... All in all, I have to say (looking back and revisiting old emails) that I probably spent around 6-8 months looking for a job in AU, whilst in the UK, before I landed a job in Sydney and we were packing up to head down under. On the flip side, it took me less than 8 weeks looking and landing a role in London... that's job offer in hand and start date scheduled.

I will say that the old tips still hold true -

1) Customise don't generalise your Resume

> Recruiters spend less than 2 mins looking at a Resume, make sure yours resonates and reflects the job you are applying for - use the correct buzz words and local references

> Avoid overly wordy Resumes - remember there's a difference between a Resume and CV (http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/curriculumvitae/f/cvresume.htm)... I have 3 different "versions" that I tweaked based on the roles I applied for... my visual "One Pager", a Resume and my CV... use each wisely.

2) Update your LinkedIn profile

> Make sure it's current and up-to-date with your experience and qualifications

> Update your location to be the one you want to work in (you can still put your actual location in the specific role you currently hold or did most recently hold)

> Make sure you have a current photo (not a party photo or a holiday photo, an actual professional-looking one)

> Join in any local groups to help build your local network (connections will help you land jobs and can also help with doing an internal referral - and everyone likes getting a bit of £££ for a successful referral)

> If you are someone who leads initiatives, programmes or projects ... MAKE sure to make use of the Projects capability of LinkedIn, let people know what you've done

3) Subscribe to Skype or another similar service

> Use technology to your advantage, don't only agree to a phone call... suggest a video call. Everyone likes to SEE who they are talking to and video technology is very common place in most organisations. You'll be surprised how many people appreciate this offer and how many brownie points it can win... just remember, dress to impress not to "chat" :)

4) Don't flood the market

> Avoid flooding the job market with your CV, it will be the fastest way for recruiters to ignore your CV when a role for an exact match does come up.

> Be picky (as much as you might not be able to) about where you post your CV and whom you share it with

Hopefully the above helps... happy to answer any questions, PM or otherwise.

It's been a while since I've been on the thread and with a recent change in our situation I thought I'd quickly chime in...

After nearly 2yrs in Australia we've decided to head back to the UK. Like most who've made the decision, it's just come down to different strokes for different folks. To make our UK landing as soft as possible, I decided to do what I did before (when we were looking to move from the UK to AU) - start the job search remotely and see what could be lined up for when we landed back in the UK - initially I thought best case would be in-person meetings/interviews.

And I have to say, the process was 1000% easier this time around (AU to UK) - I'm sure it was due to a combination of things, but what struck me the most was the fact that most recruiters, employers and interviewers found my "global foot print" to be a huge asset. They didn't see the lack of experience locally for the past 2 years as a negative, they considered all of my experience - in total, as an opportunity to contribute a different point of view to the organisation - whereas when I was looking before for Australia, no one cared about the experience I had in the States, Europe or the Middle East, even Asia... all wanted local Australian experience. It seemed, at the time, not many were interested in the external experience you could bring into the organisation, they were more interested in maintaining the status quo. What relevance could you bring to the role, did you have the Australian mind-set, etc. For me, I found this very challenging in positioning myself as the best possible candidate for the job I was going for... I did in the end succeed with a global company (I mentioned before in another posting that, that only lasted 6 months before I was on to my next role).

Anyway... All in all, I have to say (looking back and revisiting old emails) that I probably spent around 6-8 months looking for a job in AU, whilst in the UK, before I landed a job in Sydney and we were packing up to head down under. On the flip side, it took me less than 8 weeks looking and landing a role in London... that's job offer in hand and start date scheduled.

I will say that the old tips still hold true -

1) Customise don't generalise your Resume

> Recruiters spend less than 2 mins looking at a Resume, make sure yours resonates and reflects the job you are applying for - use the correct buzz words and local references

> Avoid overly wordy Resumes - remember there's a difference between a Resume and CV (http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/curriculumvitae/f/cvresume.htm)... I have 3 different "versions" that I tweaked based on the roles I applied for... my visual "One Pager", a Resume and my CV... use each wisely.

2) Update your LinkedIn profile

> Make sure it's current and up-to-date with your experience and qualifications

> Update your location to be the one you want to work in (you can still put your actual location in the specific role you currently hold or did most recently hold)

> Make sure you have a current photo (not a party photo or a holiday photo, an actual professional-looking one)

> Join in any local groups to help build your local network (connections will help you land jobs and can also help with doing an internal referral - and everyone likes getting a bit of £££ for a successful referral)

> If you are someone who leads initiatives, programmes or projects ... MAKE sure to make use of the Projects capability of LinkedIn, let people know what you've done

3) Subscribe to Skype or another similar service

> Use technology to your advantage, don't only agree to a phone call... suggest a video call. Everyone likes to SEE who they are talking to and video technology is very common place in most organisations. You'll be surprised how many people appreciate this offer and how many brownie points it can win... just remember, dress to impress not to "chat" :)

4) Don't flood the market

> Avoid flooding the job market with your CV, it will be the fastest way for recruiters to ignore your CV when a role for an exact match does come up.

> Be picky (as much as you might not be able to) about where you post your CV and whom you share it with

Hopefully the above helps... happy to answer any questions, PM or otherwise.

Good advice, and good luck with your move back :)

A well articulated post. I worked in a major financial company in Sydney. As a contractor, I was plonked in a corner and nobody spoke to me for a few months. Ironically very multicultural and also lots of outsourced teams. However these were mostly Indians and all sat together and ate lunch together etc and hardly engaged with other staff outside the job remit. I had a niche skill which was the only reason I got the gig. Unfortunately hardly any Aus companies use the software and now I can't get a job (as told in a few of my previous posts). Being of a more mature age, feel like giving up, both in a career sense and an Aus sense.

What software did you specialize in?

Trillium enterprise data quality software. When we came to Aus it took me 18 months to get a job in vendor support for Trillium. A US company - AU provided global support during US out of hours. This was after 15 years as analyst programmer in the UK in ETL and data warehousing. I was contracting and never out of work in that time. I kind of lost the skill/urge to program code since coming here. 2 years without work from the time we started the process of coming here took the edge of my skills and the appetite I guess. So now work in application support. I am good at reading and understanding almost any code, but not so good at writing it ! So my skill set is vanilla - Unix, Oracle (not at dba/system level) and losing out to the cloud and offshore/outsourcing. Plus as I mentioned, of more mature age which doesn't help much.

Reskill I hear you all cry. Have thought long and hard about what to do and tried looking at a few things - service delivery (ITIL/ITSM), big data etc. But I don't think certificates, paper or classroom skills help much without real experience to back it up. Have looked at some self start businesses like SEO for income, but never really felt it was my thing and too many cheap sources like India / Phillipines etc doing it for $5 an hour.

I have always been good at what I do and don't really want to go into something half arsed. Like I say, have lost my way a bit after 18 months of rejection (or more specifically, silence).

Edited by davlap

Reskill I hear you all cry.

Not so much "reskill" as "re-hone" ... You have a tremendous asset, your maturity. Many organisations (especially those in Australia) look at maturity as an asset and someone who can bring a wealth of experience (as long as it's relevant to Australia, of course :wink:). So if I could make a recommendation...

I'd say use your knowledge to re-hone your skill set and look to the cloud. Take a step back and approach it from the angle of what would an organisation need to do to accomplish a "lift and shift". Move their on-premise data assets (hardware, software, services, etc.) to the cloud. As you have insight into the applications, their architectural requirements, you can provide that all-up view of what it would mean to move a particular process and/or service into the cloud.

As more and more organisations look to leverage services in the cloud, you can, from a strategic point of view, use your previous experience as a developer, support analyst and even project manager to help guide them in that move.

I know it's difficult and I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times... but the IT field requires a constant evolution in skill set. But let's be honest, the majority of the time its rarely the case of completely re-skilling. It's mostly re-honing or adjusting the focus point of the skills we currently have...

Just a recommendation, so definitely take with a pinch of salt :)

Not so much "reskill" as "re-hone" ... You have a tremendous asset, your maturity. Many organisations (especially those in Australia) look at maturity as an asset and someone who can bring a wealth of experience (as long as it's relevant to Australia, of course :wink:). So if I could make a recommendation...

)

Hi GinaIsMrsPOB, great advice. I did put cloud on my list at first. I have looked into it and learned the terminology etc, but more on the provider/support side rather than architecture/solution side.

I tend to put limits on myself and only sell the real skills that I can offer. Probably more a follower than a leader. For sure I am not a blank sheet type of person coming up with ideas. I have however worked closely with solution architects and written high level designs in a past life. I have been SME for complex solutions. This is because I show that I am capable above and beyond the role I get taken on for. I am good at collaboration and working with other teams, as I have worked across the whole SDLC (if that still exists anymore - Agile another of my learning subjects!!). I get on with anybody and everybody and being a contractor for such a long time means I have a thick skin and can take the strange behavior (dare I say xenophobia of the Aussie workforce). But I come in low and work my way up, rather than come in higher up (lack of confidence probably)

I know it sounds a bit of a whinge, but just not sure I have the heart to push myself too high and hard. Since being in Oz for just about 7 years, I have had two lots of 18 months looking for a job (and still looking). I don't want to sell myself into some high profile pressured role - even though I would be happy to work in that kind of environment once I prove myself. I have applied for jobs I would really love to do and know I could be good at it. I think my cv and cover letters are ok. I do ask agencies / recruiters what they think and feedback is always positive.

I think I am missing a sellable skill. This is why on this forum, I try to counter the doom and gloom (I am guilty of I know), by telling people if they have marketable skills, there is not much to worry about. Your suggestion draws on a set of skills I don't really have objective evidence or experience of. I'm not sure a company would put their trust in in somebody unproven UNLESS you have the appropriate skills to sell it (and it looks like you probably do).

I came to Aus considering a career change, but couldn't think of anything (my fault - nothing to do with Aus). I missed the environment and wanted to get back into it. I ended up in a great place after a few years, working on contract in Sydney at AMP, but came back to Melbourne after a year as OH didn't want to move. Since then, somebody up high seems to have taken a dislike to me and is punishing me for making such a stupid decision.

Meanwhile, this

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/technology/shortage-of-it-and-communications-tech-talent-costly-to-economy/story-e6frgakx-1227399375726

It's hard to tie-in with what we see on the ground.

"Australia currently uses skilled migration as one way to gain access to ICT talent, with over 21,000 visas granted to new arrivals last year (roughly half for short-term 457s and half for permanent migrants), more than a quarter of which were software developers and programmers. Around 2000 ICT workers left Australia in 2013-14 to work overseas, resulting in a net “brain gain” of just over 19,000 people."

can't see the content on that link as I don't subscribe to The Australian, care to cut n paste ?

Unfortunately I can no longer access the full article myself. The jist was that there was a massive skills shortage in Oz that was costing many billions per year.

The following article says more or less the same things - but seems wildly out of touch with reality.

http://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/media-releases/articles/ict-skills-shortage-points-to-enormous-career-opportunities-160615.html

How this for blatant age discrimination. One of my applications was rejected within about 2 mins (direct company). There were no age details in the CV, just past 10 years of experience.

I sent an email asking why a decision was made so quickly:

"Sure … pretty simple … we have a very young team with the most senior being 25 and having 8 months experience. I’ve been asked to pitch for a person who would be junior to him.

Sorry I can’t help"

I then replied:

"Ok, thanks for the reply.

Would have been good if you could have made it clear on the job ad"

And received:

"Understood but if overly prescriptive people don’t apply and often applicants don’t read the ad. Frustrating for you I know."

I don't think they do know. It is just inconsiderate and arrogant.

And before anybody suggests, no I won't report them.

Edited by davlap

I'm a recruiting manager in Sydney (also a UK expat working in IT), I've been here for 10 years and I work for the NSW government (yes, it's a strange one, I'm still on a 457!).

Looking at your LinkedIn profile DavLap, you look like a great guy. I would say however that your problem is that helpdesk/application support is more the domain of people with less experience than you. It's also now often out-sourced to the vendor/managed services, which are more and more likely to be off-shore these days. I would look at a person with your experience/age as being a service desk manager or specialist assisting with helpesk transition or dealing with managed services. These roles don't come up too often though, so I can understand your difficulty.

You say you've worked as a solution architect before - have you tried re-jigging your CV to get an architect role? There are plenty of SA roles going, in your technology area and age is an asset. Or actually, your skills seem very suited to integration architecture and service bus work, that seems big business at the moment - we've just delivered a service bus and are working on our integration patterns. While it all seems "service bus mumbo jumbo" in reality it's all quite practical integration patterns such as SQL and FTP alongside the web services, particularly into ERPs.

Updating your skills to include Tibco and other service bus applications would give your CV a really good boost. In your shoes I would probably say "but I won't have hands-on" but I don't see why you can't build yourself a little Tibco lab at home and get some real hands-on - I've just used an AWS certified cloud engineer who had the certification but not much hands-on aside from the course (which was lab based) - no problems at all. What have you got to lose?

When I recruit I either approach candidates directly, using LinkedIn (the AU market is small and I can usually find a contact who has previously worked with that person for a reference before I approach them) or use a couple of my preferred agencies. These agencies are the ones I've had a good experience with as a candidate in the past and who I trust - their good treatment of me as a candidate is now rewarded by me giving them business. Others I won't touch because of their attitude/poor ethics. This applies mainly to contract roles - for perm we have to follow a very specific process.

I personally don't care about Australian experience - I find most overseas candidates from the UK have a better work ethic. I do know that it happens here though, ditto for people trying to move to Brisbane from Sydney.

I'm a recruiting manager in Sydney (also a UK expat working in IT), I've been here for 10 years and I work for the NSW government (yes, it's a strange one, I'm still on a 457!).

Looking at your LinkedIn profile DavLap, you look like a great guy.

Hi mogthecat, I think so too !!

I think you are correct in most of your assessment, but I probably lack the confidence to push myself further into more senior roles until I prove myself in a role I can do. As you say, with the amount of experience I have recruiters may wonder why I am not looking for senior/lead/consulting roles. I also believe on-shore application support is a dying career due to offshoring / cloud / 'everything' as a service. I have applied for a couple of positions with these type of companies and did get an interview with BMC

I don't believe I have mentioned solution architect experience. I have worked with architects (earlier post in this thread?). Service bus looks interesting (new words for an established set of processes?) and I will look into that. As for getting Tibco, or other exams or certificates, there is so much choice out there and is a difficult decision. Without a clear goal or path to follow, I am undecided and will only proceed if I am sure it is something I want to do and am capable of. I don't like selling myself with skills I am not entirely comfortable with (part of the problem with up-selling myself) . I will look at Tibco, I have also been looking at getting ServiceNow or other ITSM/ITIL tools which are offered as demos, maybe going that route (with ITIL certification). I am good at looking/evaluating/improving what is there rather than come up with the new ideas (not a blank sheet of paper type of person as I mentioned before)

Right now I am pretty disillusioned and considering a break for a while. 18 months of banging my head against the wall is leaving me feeling flat and I have lost heart and direction. I don't want this to come across if I do get to that interview. Don't think it does at the moment, I do think I interview quite well when I get the chance.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my profile and post your assessment. It does give a needed boost. I will take the advice on board and maybe act on it in the coming months and might get back to you for further advice or discusion.

Cheers

How this for blatant age discrimination. One of my applications was rejected within about 2 mins (direct company). There were no age details in the CV, just past 10 years of experience.

I sent an email asking why a decision was made so quickly:

"Sure … pretty simple … we have a very young team with the most senior being 25 and having 8 months experience. I’ve been asked to pitch for a person who would be junior to him.

Sorry I can’t help"

I then replied:

"Ok, thanks for the reply.

Would have been good if you could have made it clear on the job ad"

And received:

"Understood but if overly prescriptive people don’t apply and often applicants don’t read the ad. Frustrating for you I know."

I don't think they do know. It is just inconsiderate and arrogant.

And before anybody suggests, no I won't report them.

The problem here (and one agency did have the balls to articulate it) is that the most experienced team member has no experience, is winging it and doesn't want you to come in and show him up.... I have found that team leaders in Brisbane would rather let their project fail than risk being outed by a more experienced person. With 20 years experience I was often told I wasn't experienced enough by project managers ranging from 1 month to 4 years experience.... It's not enough that you would do an excellent job, could make a real contribution to the team and are probably not remotely interested in nicking someone's job (if you wanted to be in charge you'd be applying for roles like that) It's down to the fact that ego gets in the way of professionalism. Good agencies know this (and will tell you before you waste your time applying) but are working for the client, so they don't really care who fills the roles and are not in a position to challenge silly recruitment choices. In the UK I often worked for PMs with less overall experience than me - as a change manager or BA I took the position that they were in charge of the project and called the shots. it was never a problem but I worked with capable professionals who cared more about getting the work done well rather than looking good (no reason why you can't do both). After months of applying for jobs I could do standing on my head in Brissie and getting no-where due to 'lack of experience' I joined a consultancy and didn't look back. It's hard to find seriously capable people in charge with the experience and ability to really appreciate hard working experienced personnel. So you're getting punished not for your age but for the fact that you're perceived as too good. Which sucks.

Hi Chortlepuss

I agree and believe that is a pretty good assessment.

I did chuckle (do people still do that?) when looking at the job spec:

We like to hire people who thrive within our set of core values:

Straight up, no bull

Edited by davlap

You say you've worked as a solution architect before - have you tried re-jigging your CV to get an architect role? There are plenty of SA roles going, in your technology area and age is an asset. Or actually, your skills seem very suited to integration architecture and service bus work, that seems big business at the moment - we've just delivered a service bus and are working on our integration patterns. While it all seems "service bus mumbo jumbo" in reality it's all quite practical integration patterns such as SQL and FTP alongside the web services, particularly into ERPs.

mogthecat, just having a review of service bus etc.

My last role in the UK was working on UK TV license system for Capita. We developed a hub and spoke system for passing data around the core system components - legacy front end (call centre - db2), Oracle CRM, siebel CMS (campaign management and analytics).

I worked mainly on the hub, Informatica ETL tool (strange choice, but I was contracting with it at the time). I even got roped into high level design (whipping boy / fall guy for the architects!). This included designing a common interface to the systems, both current and future.

So probably a precursor to enterprise system bus. What fantastic, relevant experience that would be now. That was 10 years ago and when first coming over couldn't get an Informatica/ETL role. Main reason why I stopped being analyst/programmer. Depressingly I lack the confidence now. But I had a look at Tibco and will delve deeper.

Edited by davlap

That experience sounds perfect and I'm finding that integration engineers (which is exactly what you were doing) are in demand at the moment. My government agency (well, we consist of about 7 of them) is doing a massive amount of integration.

I think with a judicious bit of re-wording and a change of focus on your CV you could highlight this experience and re-brand yourself and find yourself in a much better position. ETL is also something I'm hearing about more and more these days. How about something like "Data Warehouse and Integration Specialist"? Take out references to application support and helpdesk and focus on these skills. I think you could also adjust some of the job titles to reflect more accurately what you were doing, so "Application Specialist" at Telstra should be "Data Warehouse Specialist" (and actually most of the earlier ones too) and "Database Officer" should definitely be "DBA". I really do think you'd be an enormous asset and I'm horrified that you're thinking of going back to Coles, what a waste!

My Brisbane based team needs an experienced senior QA tester so thought I would throw it out there in case any of you talented individuals are interested (assuming this is the appropriate spot mods ?). We get a recruitment fee and we really need someone now so don't mind broadening the hunt :) I don't think sponsorship is an option unfortunately. Well not last time I asked.

The team is responsible for developing installation services and an enterprise app store for the continuous delivery of a very large enterprise software suite. It is delivered to our on-premise and cloud SaaS customers (AWS currently and probably a mixture of cloud vendors in the future). The modern revision of the software runs in browser on both desktop and mobile OS using a common platform.

They would prefer someone from a broad IT background who feels they could get comfortable setting up and testing complicated ERP systems.

The company is international, head-quartered in Brisbane with a large R&D team (hundreds of developers). We sell into most verticals including all levels of govt, financial, education, health, utilities, media etc. Over two decades of continuous profitability. Offices everywhere in Australia, also New Zealand, Asia and the UK.

Perks include free all day breakfast every day, fruit, lollies, regular social events, newspapers, service recognition, 4 to 6 weeks leave, every friday at 4 the beer taps are turned on and the wine fridges opened :), large variety of teams with very experienced peers to learn from/work with, sponsored sporting teams, very large bike centre with lots of showers and towel service etc. etc

Ping me your CV if this suits you and I'll pass it on...

Edited by fish.01

Hi ,

I just thought id get a feeler for my chances of finding work ( i am sure people ask this all the time time ) , i am moving to Brisbane/Goldcoast ( in-between but do not mind working in either place ) at the end of august. My girlfriend is already there (she is Australian, i am going on a 309 partner visa) just sorting a few loose ends before i come out there. I am 30 years old, BA with honours in business/business computing and work as an application support analyst for a big ftse 100 firm. I support a massive retail builders merchant (pricing, sales, inventory ect). I use oracle and SQL server and I also provide second line support for other bespoke sales applications. The ftse 100 group I work for own 17 different merchant brands and I am exposed to a wide range of applications. I have gained all my I.T experience from this company over the past 2 years since graduating. I have oracle certificates and I am ITIL certified. Am i going to struggle for work in this kind of area??I have noticed people say its outsourced a lot in OZ.... its silly really as we tried outsourcing some development work abroad and they are normally useless as they just don't understand the business what so ever and i think this is way more important than how well you can write/read code. I would be open to moving away from application support.... perhaps a BA role ( junior ) ??

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Australian Permanent Resident currently looking for work in Sydney - Arrived in May, 2015. I hold a Master’s Degree in Computer Science (Distinction) from Hertfordshire (UK), a Master’s in Business Administration (Strategic Management) and a First Class Honors degree in Information Technology. I also hold the following ICT Certifications; Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v8), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator 2012 (MCSA 2012), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist(MCTS), IT Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL V3) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), all in Good Standing. I have over 9 years of experience in IT. Any chance you could hook me up with an IT role?