Silus

Shipping a boat - only a laser

Looking to ship our dinghy (not the inflatable kind). A laser.

Anyone had any experince with this?

Licence required, for instance?

Funny I was just going to post about shipping a kayak and an open canoe over!! Silus have you tried any transport firms as of yet?

Dr Shellsparkles, down under and loving it!

I haven't done any research as yet, but looking at other issue in regards to shipping cars and other large stuff, it makes me wary. Australia seems to very strict.

Yeah i know - my canoe is handmade and has a lovely wooden gunwales and seats. They might be a bit funny about having had it in freshwater over here and probably would want loads of decontamination / money. I might have to sell them :(

Oh God - wood!!! They are terrified of wood. You can't ship anything that is untreated, or likely to have any scrap of a 'foreign' environment attached to it. Baskets - chairs, laundry baskets, or bread baskets are out too. May have infestation in the weave. Makes you think that Australians think everywhere else is infested but them. I think they will have to ease up a bit, or offer a cheap fumigation service. Apparently somone took decorative cinnamon sticks in their container - cost to fumigate 4 little sticks $340, cost to destroy $340 - a no win. $340 to lift 4 cinnamon sticks and dump them in a bin!!

Ha ha head cases!!! Cinnamon sticks wipe nations out dotcha know! I think I will try sell them on then. Keen to see how you get on shipping your boat over! is it sea / river boat?

It has also been on rivers, but it is fibreglass so, providing it is cleaned within an inch of its life, we should be ok...... one hopes. May ship seprately becasue if they find one 'dodgy' thing in your shipment, they charge to fumigate the lot!!!

Hoping someone will come along with experience in all aspects.

Good luck with the sale - may be best.