3 year old westie called daisy

Guest Pinkdolly31

Guest Pinkdolly31

Hiya guys!

This is my first thread!!

Big news today my husband has just been granted state sponsorship and we have been putting off talking about shipping our beloved dog daisy!

She is our pride and joy and im so worried she will be affected by the flight and quarantine the last thing I want to do is upset her in anyway, I can't leave her behind I just need some happy stories to put my mind at ease as its keeping me awake at night :0(

Thanks in advance

Congrats on the visa :) But I think you really need to get on it then.

AQIS will require blood work and rabies vacs to be all in order and this is usually done about 5 months in advance of shipping and then the dog will only spend the minimum 30 days in Aus quarantine.

Here is the AQIS link for pets being shipped from the UK

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/cat4?name=the%20United%20Kingdom

Most dogs cope fine with shipping and quarantine. I'd not fret overly about it. Its far more stressful for you than the dog it seems.

I'd consult some pet shipping companies for quotes and measure you dog exactly so they can work out crate sizing etc. And nearer the time get doglet used to the crate a bit and let her sleep in it at home, spend time in it so its familiar.

I'm sure things will be fine.

Hi Pinkdolly, congrats on your visa.

I am also like you. I have two little hooligans who are our babies. I was incredibly worried about sending them over, but after chatting to a few people who had sent their dogs, I was reassured. We are not there yet, so have not gone through the process, but have received a few quotes and advice from carriers. I have been mainly speaking to Bob at PetAir who has been incredibly helpful. Another Co who seems good are Dogtainers. If you look in the Pets section you will see many stories and pictures from people who have sent their dogs and shared their experiences of the quarantine in Australia. As has been said, I do think we suffer more than the pooches:biggrin:. Good Luck.

Hey Pink dolly

Have a look at our facebook page and our testimonial page and there are loads of comments from clients who have flown their pets and they are pleased and the pets are just fine. if you have any specific worries give me a call and we can chat about the bits and pieces involved.

Note that you need the rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample between 5-12 months before the flight to ensure your dog does the minimum 30 days stay, so bear that in mind.

bob

http://www.petairuk.com

http://www.facebook.com/petairuk

We brought Satch out (she's just a litttttttle bit bigger than your baby!!) and she's happier here than I think she ever was in the UK. Ok, she misses going into the local pub (with or without us...) but definitely go for it.

I'm not sure if it will work, but here's a link to Satch's facebook page (yes I'm that sad). All the ones in the sunshine (and on the lake) are in Oz, and as you can see she's loving it ;)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Satch-Hughes/264056060278904?sk=photos

Guest Pinkdolly31

Hi

Not sure if this will reach you!

Thanks for the info it really does help and big congrats

to you I'm really pleased for you ;0)))

We are at the stage where the visa is about to be lodged

Within days to spare a long way to go but I hope

it will be quick as we are excited to go now

Take care

nina & Tim xx

Hi

I've got my westie booked in with petair to fly early Dec.

They've been great, he's a nervous dog and I'm an anxious owner (what a combo!).

He'll be 9 when we go, so we've been mates for too long for me to leave the little fella behind! My only advise is to get the rabies done early and get in touch with a good company - get information as soon as you can so that you can plan it all properly, you don't want to leave it to the last minute and get into a flap with it!

Good luck!

Guest Pinkdolly31

Hi

Thanks for the replies

I am a nightmare with her I don't like leaving her when we go out with friends

or shopping so god knows what I'm going to be like when they put

her in a Crate :0(

But I just keep telling myself imagine how I would be if I left her with

my parents I would miss her so much!

I will speak to bob at pet air too

Thanks guys

P.s we are heading to Perth as Tim has state sponsorship yay!!

Guest Pinkdolly31

You are totally right I will be a mess but I can't leave her behind I wish there

was another way

Thanks for all the advice xx

CIMG4356.jpgOur little one did 6 weeks in quarantine and has been with us 6 weeks today, we missed her so so much, but she is with us now, every day we thought about her, and we rang the quarantine station, they were great. Your little one will be fine, I just wanted to post this photo to show you that we do get to see our little one´s again and that when we do they are fine .. it just seems ages waiting for them, well it is, but it is worth it, I would not contemplate being without my furry friend .. i had 2 but sadly lost one earlier this year, which I am still trying to get over. Good luck to you and Daisy you will all be fine :hug:

CIMG4356.jpg

Guest Pinkdolly31

Ahhh thank you for the pic she is so cute!! I'm glad she's ok the way I'm going to see it is she will be in quarantine for a month but after that she will be with us if I left her it could be years before I see her again so it will just be a sad process but worth it in the end

So sorry to hear about your loss it's a day you dread

Enjoy being there our visa is just about to go in so a while to wait yet

Xx