rhenny

Police Checks

Hi There

Is there a cost for police checks here in Australia (de-facto visa application) Does anyone know how much it costs? Also how long it could take?

I believe I also need to get a check from the UK (where i used to live before moving to Oz) would anyone who moved from the UK know if this would be a CRB check from the UK? And also time taken and cost?

Thanks for your help.

Hi There

Is there a cost for police checks here in Australia (de-facto visa application) Does anyone know how much it costs? Also how long it could take?

I believe I also need to get a check from the UK (where i used to live before moving to Oz) would anyone who moved from the UK know if this would be a CRB check from the UK? And also time taken and cost?

Thanks for your help.

Dont know about this, I keep it on top so that someone can help.

Hi There

Thanks for your help.

I am still in the uk and have to have a Australian police check done the price is $42 the uk one i had done was standard and was 35 pounds, i didn't have to have a CRB check done and i don't think they will ask for one, from the uk the Australian one takes 4-5 wks and in the UK i had it back within 10days. The UK checks are done pretty quick but the Australian ones seems to take longer.

on the oz police check wedsite as well there is a message saying that there is a big backlog on applications so it could take quite a while to get it back

Occupation: Sparky, IELTS: 8.5, 8.5, 9, 9. Overall: 9, WA SS lodged 16.04.12 WA SS Granted 01/05/12 176 lodged 25/07/12 CO 16/07/12 visa grant 27/7/12

Guest GeorgeD

I'm pretty sure a previous poster was correct saying the Australian one cost $42. I applied for it late April and it took around 10 days to get to me.

Guest myaccessaustralia

Australian police clearances are now obtained through an online application (although posting your application is still an option): https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

Yes, big delays. Being waiting over a month for AFP clearance when they use to take 2 weeks