Please stop saying there is work if you want it in the UK

Perthbum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in tough times, my brother, a experienced Site manager (building and construction) has lost his job on numerous occasions in the past few years and has had to resort to short term temporary contracts when he can get them. Very depressing for him, but then he wasn't prepared to compromise on what he did, which is Little ironic as he has a state sponsored visa to WA as a bricklayer and no intention as working as one!! . However it is important to remember when quoting unemployment figures that this does include the long term unemployed who have no intention of working. sadly employers get the pick of the bunch these days, plus the fact we brits are competing with all the eastern Europeans infiltrating the country.

Guest thecrackers

why is this sad?

employers should get the pick of the bunch, and yes it is tough competing with eastern europeans, as they tend to have a good work ethic and are not afraid of hard work...

why is this sad?

employers should get the pick of the bunch, and yes it is tough competing with eastern europeans, as they tend to have a good work ethic and are not afraid of hard work...

Yes it is tough competing with Eastern Europeans as they tend to work for less money and help drive wages down, it is not all to do with their so called work ethic.

Macdonalds and Tescos are always hiring are they not? Or does Her Majs Gov pay better for sitting on yer bum?

who are you talking to?

Yes it is tough competing with Eastern Europeans as they tend to work for less money and help drive wages down, it is not all to do with their so called work ethic.

Minumum wage still applies to eastern Europeans. They are just willing to do the wrk that alot of people are too well paid by hm government to do nothing.

Minumum wage still applies to eastern Europeans. They are just willing to do the wrk that alot of people are too well paid by hm government to do nothing.

Yes you are quite right, however i do not work for the minimum wage as that would not even pay my mortgage, i am really talking about my personal circumstances and they have changed in my opinion due to the influx of many foreign trades who can afford to work for a lot less.

Guest sh7t man no way

there's work in the UK if- you want it--it may not be at the salary or conditions you wish--but that's the world economics--just depends what you require out of life---the world is changing--are you

No they are not always hiring

Were my parents live Tescos has put up a big sign.

"THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO JOB VACANCIES AT THIS TESCO'S"

it has been there for at least 2 years!.

You could try Asda or Burger King then.

And i was replying to the OP's question if you cant figure that one out

there's work in the UK if- you want it--it may not be at the salary or conditions you wish--but that's the world economics--just depends what you require out of life---the world is changing--are you

Honestly mate, are you in the uk, there is no ......... Work, every job advertised has literally hundreds of applicants, I applied for a job in witherspoons..they had 123 applicants in stratford for one job in 2 weeks.

PAYE maybe,but s/employed prices per thousand brick,per metre of blockwork isnt regulated,they do work for far less,that cant be disputed as far as the building trade goes.

Tbh i dont see many up in Lpool,IF i have ive told them they and their employers are wrong,their employers for taking advantage,and them for allowing themselves to be taken advantage of

In all honesty its not going to stop till wages/cost of living is on par all over Europe,IF that ever happens?!,as has been said,i dont "blame" them,just wish they insisted on the same rates as us,however theyre just like us working away in Germany as a group,IE rent a hse,share costs together and send money home

Its not going to go away,so i dont get worked up about it anymore if im honest

Im sorry but if you want to work you will, it just depends on the job and how much or little you are willing to work for and there are always jobs of some sort in supermarkets, fast food places etc due to high staff turnover. Ive never been out of work in what i do but as someone else stated i just don,t earn as much as i did a few years back

Im sorry but if you want to work you will, it just depends on the job and how much or little you are willing to work for and there are always jobs of some sort in supermarkets, fast food places etc due to high staff turnover. Ive never been out of work in what i do but as someone else stated i just don,t earn as much as i did a few years back

Complete bollocks, No Jobs in supermarkets as there are hundreds of applicants for a couple of jobs, people who are in work are completely blind to what it is like out there.

I applied for a job as as a batman, 130 people applied fr tat one job, I have friends who ave applied for numerous jobs without success, a close friend who is 31 has applied for 35 jobs in the last year as a senior accountant, no job...pease don't tell me there are jobs out there because for every job advertised there are hundreds of applicants.

P.s what job do you do? Because I can tell you for a fact that there are no jobs in the building trade to be had.

Not strictly true, I'm a joiner and mown out with work. Some people want everything, an employer who find them, work pay them top dollar, holidays, sick pay and a pension. Others who would like that but know it's just not available, work for themselves. I sub contract to 3 different builders, I source my own work and i usually keep busy, sometimes too busy. I have had quiet periods, sure, but I'd work in a factory, sweep the streets or anything to keep a roof over my families head.

Not strictly true, I'm a joiner and mown out with work. Some people want everything, an employer who find them, work pay them top dollar, holidays, sick pay and a pension. Others who would like that but know it's just not available, work for themselves. I sub contract to 3 different builders, I source my own work and i usually keep busy, sometimes too busy. I have had quiet periods, sure, but I'd work in a factory, sweep the streets or anything to keep a roof over my families head.

There are hundreds who would work in a factory for every job advertised, you could apply for a 100 jobs a week in the uk and get ..all

Guest sadiesmum

There are two types of unemployed people in the UK, the "can't find work" and the "wont find work", the second lot are a lost cause, but the first lot need coaching in how to find a job (IMHO). For many people being made redundant is scary and they might find themselves unemployed for the first time in their life. The way to find a job has changed in the last 5 years and without this knowledge and help it will take longer to get a job.

There are many jobs available, every day over 180 new jobs are posted in my area alone, people need to taylor make their CV to suit the position they are applying for, and be open to getting work experience by giving their time for free. You will not get a job by sitting back and applying for the same type of job over and over, broaden horizons, change sectors, and make yourself stand out. But most importantly be employable, there's a lot of competition and noone wants a negative whinger on board.

There are two types of unemployed people in the UK, the "can't find work" and the "wont find work", the second lot are a lost cause, but the first lot need coaching in how to find a job (IMHO). For many people being made redundant is scary and they might find themselves unemployed for the first time in their life. The way to find a job has changed in the last 5 years and without this knowledge and help it will take longer to get a job.

There are many jobs available, every day over 180 new jobs are posted in my area alone, people need to taylor make their CV to suit the position they are applying for, and be open to getting work experience by giving their time for free. You will not get a job by sitting back and applying for the same type of job over and over, broaden horizons, change sectors, and make yourself stand out. But most importantly be employable, there's a lot of competition and noone wants a negative whinger on board.

Have you actually looked for work in the last 12 months, employers can pick and chose these days and can cherry pick the most qualified, I promise you that is bloody hard to get any job these days, .......no chance in a supermarket or fast food outlet as my girlfriend has applied for at least 20 in the last couple of months.

Guest shell13

Just reading this and thinking I'd love to find some employee's in the UK. I'm a manager and trying to get staff has been hard, I've advertised on the job centre etc had people ring or email for applications put hardly any back. We've been interviewing the last few months and some people just don't care, my deputy spoke to a few after the interview and they stated how they don't want to work when they can claim benefits and stay at home. Not the enthusiastic people I would want anyway. I have now employed 5-6 workers so fingers crossed they work out because recruiting is too hard.

Its not just me, other local business owners in the same industry are finding the same, we must just have a horrible career haha.

Just reading this and thinking I'd love to find some employee's in the UK. I'm a manager and trying to get staff has been hard, I've advertised on the job centre etc had people ring or email for applications put hardly any back. We've been interviewing the last few months and some people just don't care, my deputy spoke to a few after the interview and they stated how they don't want to work when they can claim benefits and stay at home. Not the enthusiastic people I would want anyway. I have now employed 5-6 workers so fingers crossed they work out because recruiting is too hard.

Its not just me, other local business owners in the same industry are finding the same, we must just have a horrible career haha.

What is your business ? Because I honestly promise you if you were in the area I live in you would get hundreds of applicants, wat do you do and what are you offering.