Cheaper areas & family areas to rent around, Parkdale, Mentone & Mordialloc?

WAITINGGAME

Hi

We plan on moving over in October and looking at areas around the above thread title places.

We have been looking but rent does seem a little on the high side for us for Parkdale, Mentone & Mordialloc can anyone recommend places near here maybe a little more inland which is cheaper but in easy distance to the above and new rail lines, good schools etc.

We was also thinking of Geelong but are changing our mind slightly now, seems to be more work for my husband who is a Joiner in Melboure areas.

Thanks for your help

Lindsey

You could try Aspendale and Edithvale. Further inland (and therefore not near the train line) there is Aspendale Gardens, Keysborough and Dingley Village.

BB

Thanks for that.....

How far are they from the train line? do you know?

Also notice you have short term rentals which area is it pls? and prices etc.

Thanks again

I live in Waterways which is 5 mins from Mordialloc, I have also been looking at chelsea heights and aspendale gardens, they are both easy to get to the train station and I have friends living there. it is almost half the price of my rent in Waterways and my kids have a lot of schoold friends that live there

www.realestate.com.au is a good place to look for prices etc

Hi Lindsey,

I have lived in Patterson Lakes, Bonbeach and Carrum.

Bonbeach can be quite high for rent, but Patterson and Carrum aren't to bad depending on the size of place your looking for.

My partner can walk to the train in 10 mins from home.

Hope this helps.

Jimmy.