pinkpolkadot08

VIP- very impatient person....

Hi everyone!

Just going out on a limb here, in the hope that someone was or is in the same situation and knows a bit more about it!

My Husband left for Australia on a W-H Visa and he now has got an employer that is willing to sponsor him (he's a chef).

My question is if he lodges the application to be sponsored can our daughter and I go over before he does on a Holiday visa and be 'on shore' when he applies or do we have to wait in Ireland until everything is sorted? We only got married in January so as you can imagine this isn't how we would like to be spending our first year as a married couple.

Also as for the actual sponsorship , my Husband was charged for drinking and driving 4 years ago. He was 37mls , the legal limit in Ireland is 35 but has not re-offended and was honest with them from the start. That is his only charge on his police cert and I have a clean one . Will this matter to the Ozzie Immigration people?

I would really appreciate ANY help with this.

The little one really misses her daddy so we want to get over there as quick as possible.

Thanks .

Niamh

Hi There,

I can´t answer the post for you, but just wanted to give it a push to the top of the pile of threads .... hopefully someone out there can help.

Good luck by the way, I bet you are both missing your OH, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hope someone comes along shortly with some sound advice, they normally do x x

Thanks very much, your a star. I have no idea how to do anything with these things :smile:!! And thanks for the crossed fingers ... I reckon I'll be needing them! x

Thanks very much, your a star. I have no idea how to do anything with these things :smile:!! And thanks for the crossed fingers ... I reckon I'll be needing them! x

Your welcome, hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your questions ...

Hi, the drink driving won't be a problem as long as you're up front about it. Is hardly a major crime :o)

Going to Australia before your husband gets his sponsored visa could cause you big problems though. One of the conditions of the WHV visa is:

You must not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

It could seriously jepordise getting the sponsored visa if you take the risk... sorry.

I had seen that while doing research but someone told me there was two different ways to lodge it onshore and offshore.

This is clearly just for the person being sponsored is it?

Im clutching at straws here!! :D

Any chance that if the app has been lodged we could possibly head over for a visit? Probably not if he's on the wh visa?

Great news about the drink driving though... seemingly its a criminal offence in canada and america and they will NOT let you in , personally I think its a bit silly ... maybe if he was really over the limit but for 37mls a bit over the top

I had seen that while doing research but someone told me there was two different ways to lodge it onshore and offshore.

Any chance that if the app has been lodged we could possibly head over for a visit? Probably not if he's on the wh visa?

Great news about the drink driving though... seemingly its a criminal offence in canada and america and they will NOT let you in , personally I think its a bit silly ... maybe if he was really over the limit but for 37mls a bit over the top

Once the 457 visa has been submitted, your husband would remain on the WHV or a bridging visa with the same conditions as the WHV (until the 457 gets granted) - so I wouldn't risk it.

The good news is 457 visas only take weeks (some have been quicker) to process - so it won't keep you apart for that much longer... :o)

Thank GOD!! I was hoping there would be some kind of loophole ... I'm quite a fan of loopholes ;D

How long does it normally take to prepare the paperwork for this visa? And also the health certs I have a sinking feeling that could slow it down?? x

No loopholes in fact there is specific rules against it

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/subclass-457-visitors.pdf