Newbie looking for MORE general opinions :P

Guest eriinbrowne

Guest eriinbrowne

So earlier I posted about myself and my OH planning a 4/5 week long trip to Australia, to help startmaking decisions on possibly emmigrating in the future.

It basically outlined that I had done some research but was after some opinions of people in the know, and I got some :) you guys have been really helpful.

Now I'm after some more opinions on the ideas that have come to light.

The trip will be 4/5 precious weeks long, and it will be around Christmas/New Year (2013). The places we'd like to go are...

Sydney

Brisbane (via campervan)

Whitsundays Island

The Barrier Reef

Perth.

I'm trying not to plan too much but I would love to know in what order you think we should visit these places? I had a plan in my head but then Perth got thrown into the mix and then we realised we had to go in December/January, so now It's all wide open. Perth first, Perth last?

Are there any places you would recommend for Christmas or New Year? Are there any places to avoid?

Thanks so much guys, you've been such a great help already!

Erin x

Guest Guest68570

I would avoid Sydney for Christmas/New year as a result of it being the most expensive time to visit. And please please put Melbourne on that list,a s its one of the best cities to visit.

So earlier I posted about myself and my OH planning a 4/5 week long trip to Australia, to help startmaking decisions on possibly emmigrating in the future.

It basically outlined that I had done some research but was after some opinions of people in the know, and I got some :) you guys have been really helpful.

Now I'm after some more opinions on the ideas that have come to light.

The trip will be 4/5 precious weeks long, and it will be around Christmas/New Year (2013). The places we'd like to go are...

Sydney

Brisbane (via campervan)

Whitsundays Island

The Barrier Reef

Perth.

I'm trying not to plan too much but I would love to know in what order you think we should visit these places? I had a plan in my head but then Perth got thrown into the mix and then we realised we had to go in December/January, so now It's all wide open. Perth first, Perth last?

Are there any places you would recommend for Christmas or New Year? Are there any places to avoid?

Thanks so much guys, you've been such a great help already!

Erin x

Be aware that the GBR and the Whitsundays have lotsa bities and stinging jellyfish during summer, so take care when swimming.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest eriinbrowne

The trip will either be before and including Christmas/NY or after and including Christmas/NY.

From what you guys have said I'm now thinking before and starting with the Cities, Sydney and Melbourne :P then working our way up to the reef and spend new year at Whitsundays? Keeping an eye open for those pesk jellies.

Guest eriinbrowne

I'm always on TripAdvisor, I feel like I'm getting real honest advice and a bit of insider knowledge, a bit like here!