Skillselect and chances for invite

voxtro

Hi all, just wantd to now the process I received my SS from NT before 1 JULY and dont know what to do now. Can anybody help me pls. I have already filed the EoI

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Levimouse

Hi PTK.

I have checked the NT state sponsorship website and it is not clear whether you will have to re-apply. I would email them and ask what their requirements are now with Skill select. Did you pay for the SS application?

Hi all, just wantd to now the process I received my SS from NT before 1 JULY and dont know what to do now. Can anybody help me pls. I have already filed the EoI

Is the SS still valid?

You will need to contact NT direct to ask this - if it is you will need to provide them with your EOI Id so that they can nominate you so you can receive an invitation to apply.

Hope I get in there quick like everyone waiting with baited breath after skills ielts all paper work now waiting keep checking emails evey day started every hour but gave up so so much at stake god bless eveyone we are all in this together

Good luck come on sunshine I,m ready for you

Guest Levimouse
First set of invites go out on the 1st of august then the first of every month there after.

I dont think that's entirely accurate. For those applying for a 190 the invite happens straight after confirmation of SS. There's another thread going for those who have been invited already.

I dont think that's entirely accurate. For those applying for a 190 the invite happens straight after confirmation of SS. There's another thread going for those who have been invited already.

Yes applicants that have been approved for State Nomination are getting invited straight away - but due to the skillselect sytem not up and running properly yet - no one will be able to lodge any applications until 11 August.

Guest Levimouse
Yes applicants that have been approved for State Nomination are getting invited straight away - but due to the skillselect sytem not up and running properly yet - no one will be able to lodge any applications until 11 August.

Oh I didn't know that thanks. I saw some posts from people saying they didn't have the option to apply but didn't realise it was officially down till 11th Aug.

What about 489 then pls I have applied 190 plus 489 which will be quickest any advice pls

If you are eligible for 190 with is PR visa, I wouldnt bother with 489 as this is only a provisional visa. You need to live in regional Australia for 2 years and work full time for 1 year before you are eligible to apply for PR 887.

If you are eligible for 190 with is PR visa, I wouldnt bother with 489 as this is only a provisional visa. You need to live in regional Australia for 2 years and work full time for 1 year before you are eligible to apply for PR 887.

Then again, if you are uncertain as to your claims - eg as to work experience - I suggest it will be prudent to lodge an EoI on the basis of a 489 rather than a 190.

Remember there is the following provision in the regulations underpinning all of the new skilled visa subclasses:

The applicant’s score, when assessed in relation to the visa under Subdivision B of Division 3 of Part 2 of the Act, is not less than the score stated in the invitation to apply for the visa.

In other words if the points claimed in the EoI and included in a subsequent invitation from DIAC are more than those assessed by the case officer once documents have been reviewed the application will be refused, whether or not the actual points agreed to by the DIAC case officer are 60 or more.

Exercise care when submitting an EoI in claiming work experience and qualifications in particular.

Best regards.

"I got the link..." thanks for the info

Edited by akmirror
I got the link...

Guest aidini

Hi friends,

I would like to ask you help me make a correct decision. I have 55 points at the moment and should go for 489 visa subclass.

Firstly, I don't know if I have to apply for getting State sponsorship by myself or the state governments do it in selection rounds.

Secondly, I read the below states in the government of South Australia website which made be a bit upset:

"All GSM state nomination applicants from 1 July 2012 will need to follow the steps:

1. Lodge your Expression of Interest (EOI) through DIAC’s SkillSelect system
  2. When lodging your EOI, choose “SA” only and visa subclass 190 or 489

3. Record the EOI ID (you will need this for your state nomination application)

4. Apply online through the Immigration SA website for state nomination.

Approved applicants will be nominated by Immigration SA through SkillSelect. DIAC will then invite the nominated applicant to lodge a visa application. This applies to all GSM state nominated visa subclasses, including onshore students."

I have selected "Any" state in EOI for seeking nomination from, based on the above statements, I should change it to SA and apply for state nomination. Checking other states websites, I couldn't find a procedure like that. So, I am not sure if changing ANY to SA diminishes my chance for getting state nomination or not ,and also if it is the applicants responsibility to get states nomination prior to DIAC invitation.

Thanks.

Hi friends,

Firstly, I don't know if I have to apply for getting State sponsorship by myself or the state governments do it in selection rounds.

Thanks.

You will have to apply to the State you have selected in the EOI for sponsorship after you have lodged your EOI. (This is the case for WA and SA from my knowledge). Also you have to choose only that State in the EOI for them to consider you for sponsorship.

QLD gives preference to applications who have chosen "Only QLD" over those who have chosen "Any State". For VIC, you will have to apply for their SS and after they grant the SS, you will have 4 months within which you will have to submit your EOI and intimate the VIC of the EOI reference number.

Some of the states are only going to offer State Sponsorship to those who have only selected that one particular state. South Australia have stated that they will not be offering sponsorship to any EOI applicant unless their's is the only state indicated on the EOI application. I think that there is at least one other state that has said the same thing.

If you select ANY you may find that your offers for SS visas are limited because of this.

Guest aidini

Thank you very much.

So, selecting the state would be far better than choosing any, right?

And, do I need to apply for getting State nomination before the first selection round?

Thank you very much.

So, selecting the state would be far better than choosing any, right?

And, do I need to apply for getting State nomination before the first selection round?

Yes choosing a state and getting nominated would be better.

Guest aidini
Yes choosing a state and getting nominated would be better.

Have you applied for nomination after 1st July 2012 from WA?

Guest aidini
Yes I applied on the 2nd July after I submitted my EoI

So, it is mandatory to have been nominated by territory governments in advance. I always thought that this step is after getting invited by DIAC (Skill select), am I right?

Yes I applied on the 2nd July after I submitted my EoI

Hi,

Looks like it will take some time for processing of WA SS applications...you applied on 2nd as I see and still u have not heard anything from them right? I so wish the processing time of WA SS is like before.......hope!!!

So, it is mandatory to have been nominated by territory governments in advance. I always thought that this step is after getting invited by DIAC (Skill select), am I right?

Depends on the state you are looking to be nomiated by. WA & SA requires your EoI to be lodged before you apply for SS. SA & QLD you have to select them as the only state in your EOI to be considered for nomination.

Hi,

Looks like it will take some time for processing of WA SS applications...you applied on 2nd as I see and still u have not heard anything from them right? I so wish the processing time of WA SS is like before.......hope!!!

Haven't heard anything from WA. I mailed them last week to inquire about the processing time and they replied that I should wait for the criteria to be announced. Well the criteria was announced on the 11th and still there is no "processing time" on the website or any communication.

We will just have to wait :dull:

Guest aidini
Haven't heard anything from WA. I mailed them last week to inquire about the processing time and they replied that I should wait for the criteria to be announced. Well the criteria was announced on the 11th and still there is no "processing time" on the website or any communication.

We will just have to wait :dull:

Since the sponsorship nomination is only valid for 3 months, is it not risky to apply for that while there is no guarantee for receiving DIAC invitation? (200 AUD )

That's why I suppose applying for sponsorship before being invited seems weird.