GoldCoast...whats it like?

Loopieloo

Ok, So im 14 moving to the goldcoast in a year and a bit! Im really excited but got mixed emotions! For any people who have already moved, can you please tell me what it is like! Im into my music and art and was wondering if there are many oppotunities for me out there! I like the beach and the sun! But i really want to know what it is like out there! thanks :)

Ok, So im 14 moving to the goldcoast in a year and a bit! Im really excited but got mixed emotions! For any people who have already moved, can you please tell me what it is like! Im into my music and art and was wondering if there are many oppotunities for me out there! I like the beach and the sun! But i really want to know what it is like out there! thanks :)

We were there visiting for a few days at the back end of last year and we all thought it was a wonderful place with so much going on for all ages. I have a 14 year old son and he thought the Gold Coast was easily his favorite place we went to in oz, also the beaches there are second to none so i reckon you will be in for a real treat when you move, good luck.

Guest Shell15

It is a wonderful and beautiful place to live for any age but particulary a yougster. So much to do you will never be bored! I moved there when i was 18 and had the best times of my life on the gold coast. I know your younger but you will love it! Our 18 year old was born on the gold coast and is absolutely gutted we ever left and moved away! Although we are moving back to the sunshine coast he has already made his mind up that he is moving back to the gold coast one day! Your a very lucky girl. Good luck for your move

Guest Shell15

So am I :) its perfectly normal.. Its the unknown that makes us nervous. My daughter is 14 too and while she is very excited to move to Australia she is also nervous about starting school and making new friends... and a little sad to be leaving her friends behind.. She has very mixed feelings, very much like you! So just remebmer it is very nomal and your not the only one feeling like that! It is a very big thing for anyone to move to the other side of the world! Your very lucky to be moving to one of the most popular places in Australia! You wont ever need to go on a holiday again..! You will permanantly be on one :)

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We have been abroad nearly 100 times, America, Carribean, Spain, Cyprus, other places in europe, Perth Western Australia and ...... the Gold coast was by far the best place we have ever seen, the beaches are incredible, so is the weather, its really modern, loads to do, simply amazing.

• 10 months later...
Honestly the gold coast is amazing, so much to do . im 17 and living outside brisbane and hate it but everytime i go gold coast it just gives me a reason to stay here. were moving there next jan though:)

Thats really good to hear as I originally chose Brisbane but because I have a 16 yr old son the Gold Coast seemed better so where we are headed, are there meet ups for kids to make friends and the like?

Guest chris955

One thing I will say is watch the Gold Coast at night with teens, drugs, drink and anti social behaviour are a big problem. I am talking about GC as in around Surfers Paradise not further out in the suburbs.

Guest chris955

Yeah they are nice enough areas, all the usual stuff you get anywhere. You realise it is about 70ks from the GC ? I assume it has to be near the beach ?

thanks for info all good to know, what about Cleveland, Redland area Homewardbound?

• 9 months later...

Everyone loves the british accent too! And apparently once you turn around 14 years of age you dont really loose your accent. My son was 12 when we moved here (now 16) and he hasn't lost his accent. You'll find you finish your sentences on a high and will use aussie words but other than that you'll probs keep your british accent. My daughter is nearly 12 and talks english to us and aussie to her friends! Ive met people that have been here 40+ years and are still as broad as ever!

Good look on your move.