PIOs 175 Lodged June 2012..

Murta

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Melanie,

Yep, Sydney bound and ridiculously excited!!

Allovera, I just noticed you were assessed by CPA?! Me too. Have you got a job lined up? I've started applying in the hope I get something lined up before I move! I'm applying for literally everything that's even vaguely to do with accounting :)

Edited by Katiem

Guest melanie79

im heading to sydney next august!!!!!!!! when are you thinking of going?

Hi Melanie,

Allovera, I just noticed you were assessed by CPA?! Me too. Have you got a job lined up? I've started applying in the hope I get something lined up before I move! I'm applying for literally everything that's even vaguely to do with accounting :)

3 week reccie booked for 15th November. Plan is to do some interviews whilst there and hopefully get an offer so i can hand in my notice at work as soon as I get back and leave mid-Jan. It's all dependant on getting a job offer as I wouldn't risk going without something lined up!

I'll be all settled when you arrive! :)

Hi Melanie,

Hey Katiem and melanie79,

I'm headed to Brisbane as we have friends and family there already & like the sounds of the weather :)

Katiem, think I'm going to have to take a leap of faith as not planning a hol before we go. I will apply anyway tho and see how I do. I noticed that your app was via the new Skills Select process, even more congrats as you'll be one of a few at the moment I'm guessing!! How many points did you claim?

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD!!

Guest melanie79

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where in oz you going?!!!!

At last it was my time! I am sooo happy and can not believe that I really made it! :)

• 5 months later...
Heading to activate now on 20th april to sydney for 2 weeks , just need to but our heads down and fix a date fro immigrating....just wondering how the June pio 175s are getting on?

We go on the 18th August......decided to just go for it :eek:

Think we have a slight advantage though, as we have my sister to stay with before finding a rental, so will hopefully give us time to find jobs and get the kids into school

Loads to do before then though.

Heading to activate now on 20th april to sydney for 2 weeks , just need to but our heads down and fix a date fro immigrating....just wondering how the June pio 175s are getting on?

Hi Murta!

I was thinking about the same thing some time ago...

We have to validate by the end of May, our 175 visa was granted in September.

I had a trip on my own for one week in December, when I validated the visa, had 5 job interviews, opened a bank account, etc...

Then I left my job and came back in February...in Perth, again alone, my wife going on with her job and looking after the babies at home.

We decided to be cautelative, rather than leaving two good jobs and move all of us here.

After 5 weeks I was able to secure a job...in Brisbane! So I moved in Queensland and started to work 2 weeks ago.

I secured a rental at the very first attempt, only a 6 months lease though, but at least we will have some time and our dog once out of the quarantine will have a place to stay.

I'm buying furniture and a car, we won't sell our property in Europe, at least in the beginning...

In less than three weeks I will fly back to take my wife, babies and bring our dog to the airport...I can't wait for May to be all here!

It's costing so many sacrifices and efforts...in the next 2 weeks I will be in regional areas for work, no chance to go on with furniture, car, etc., so I will just have 2-3 days before leaving to sort out everything!

Stressful, yes, hopefully we will be fine real soon...

Our flights are booked for the 24th of July :)

We went out to Perth already in Dec 12 to activate our visa's - stayed with friends and just wondered around to get a feel for the place.

Have also registered with a few agencies for work - so hopefully won't be waiting round too long before i pick up a job.

The Misses is finding it a bit more difficult as she is a Pharmacists and has even more forms to fill in to get paid work experience bofore they sign her off etc...

We have booked our removal agency for the end of May - as all our bits can get shipped earlier because we are staying with friends until we settle and are able to get a rental etc...

Also just applied for our personally imported vehicle permit to ship the car across.

Thing's are falling into place, the biggest test will be when we get our there.

We're not selling our place either, but theres so much to do before i can rent it out. :(

Hi Murta, we leave for OZ for our reccie trip on 13th April and will arrive in Sydney on 22 April. How long are you in OZ for and do you have plans to travel while your over there?

Jennifer

We go on the 18th August......decided to just go for it :eek:

Think we have a slight advantage though, as we have my sister to stay with before finding a rental, so will hopefully give us time to find jobs and get the kids into school

Loads to do before then though.

good for you, thought about that ourselves but chickened out...good luck with all, familt/friends is a great help when starting out !

Hi Murta!

I was thinking about the same thing some time ago...

We have to validate by the end of May, our 175 visa was granted in September.

I had a trip on my own for one week in December, when I validated the visa, had 5 job interviews, opened a bank account, etc...

Then I left my job and came back in February...in Perth, again alone, my wife going on with her job and looking after the babies at home.

We decided to be cautelative, rather than leaving two good jobs and move all of us here.

After 5 weeks I was able to secure a job...in Brisbane! So I moved in Queensland and started to work 2 weeks ago.

I secured a rental at the very first attempt, only a 6 months lease though, but at least we will have some time and our dog once out of the quarantine will have a place to stay.

I'm buying furniture and a car, we won't sell our property in Europe, at least in the beginning...

In less than three weeks I will fly back to take my wife, babies and bring our dog to the airport...I can't wait for May to be all here!

It's costing so many sacrifices and efforts...in the next 2 weeks I will be in regional areas for work, no chance to go on with furniture, car, etc., so I will just have 2-3 days before leaving to sort out everything!

Stressful, yes, hopefully we will be fine real soon...

well done you!!!! that is trojan work you have done there!! hat off to you..good luck!

Our flights are booked for the 24th of July :)

We went out to Perth already in Dec 12 to activate our visa's - stayed with friends and just wondered around to get a feel for the place.

Have also registered with a few agencies for work - so hopefully won't be waiting round too long before i pick up a job.

The Misses is finding it a bit more difficult as she is a Pharmacists and has even more forms to fill in to get paid work experience bofore they sign her off etc...

We have booked our removal agency for the end of May - as all our bits can get shipped earlier because we are staying with friends until we settle and are able to get a rental etc...

Also just applied for our personally imported vehicle permit to ship the car across.

Thing's are falling into place, the biggest test will be when we get our there.

We're not selling our place either, but theres so much to do before i can rent it out. :(

hard going but am sure it will all fall into place...we are moving everything across the world..pat on the back and good luck!

Hi Murta, we leave for OZ for our reccie trip on 13th April and will arrive in Sydney on 22 April. How long are you in OZ for and do you have plans to travel while your over there?

Jennifer

hi there, good for you things are moving then. we leave on 20th and arriveb in sydney 21 for two weeks---surry hills. had been before so due to OH work committments we will only stay 2 weeks, staying with oh cousins, so chilling around sydney...tourist spots for kids, driving around suburb we like. meeting 2 social work managers to chat about child protection...the systems, job prospects etc. meeting up with 3 friends. so the time is well punched.

no idea of future plan but if we get finances sorted here my oh w=might head back out at xmas with us follwing in march...using this trip to clarify all those thoughts plans and DEMONS!!!

Guest wallen

Hi Everyong. I arrived in Perth almost a month ago. Just came straight over didn't do a recci because had been over here a couple of years ago. I booked myself into a hostel for two weeks them managed to find a share house after only viewing two. Start working a a labourer tomorrow.

At the level I am at in my engineering career, 2 years experience in Ireland, I'm finding it tough to find suitable jobs I think they are out there its just that they are not advertised in the obvious websites. Anyway have 2 months work lined up so that takes the prossure off.

Really like it so far, yea some things are expensive but you can aviod spending a lot if you are carefull.

Good to hear some other stories from people.

Hi Everyong. I arrived in Perth almost a month ago. Just came straight over didn't do a recci because had been over here a couple of years ago. I booked myself into a hostel for two weeks them managed to find a share house after only viewing two. Start working a a labourer tomorrow.

At the level I am at in my engineering career, 2 years experience in Ireland, I'm finding it tough to find suitable jobs I think they are out there its just that they are not advertised in the obvious websites. Anyway have 2 months work lined up so that takes the prossure off.

Really like it so far, yea some things are expensive but you can aviod spending a lot if you are carefull.

Good to hear some other stories from people.

waytego wallet, fair play taking the plunge ...hope the right job comes along soon!

Hi All, Me and my family are heading over in September this year. Still unsure where - depends on where I can secure a job (as been advised I cannot really apply to June/July) however hoping to go to Brisbane or Adelaide. At the moment it is research research research!! On move cubes, insurance, accommodation etc! Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would give a quick update. I got here end of March, was staying with a friend in South Perth but moved into my own rental a week ago. I had already got a job sorted before I came out (I'm a psychologist) and that is going really well, really been lucky with the team of people I'm working with and who I would now class as friends outside of work too. Everything is going well. Hope the same for everyone else.

Hi all,

It's good to catch up and hear how others are doing. We got our visa last august which was so much quicker than we had anticipated so we have had to get organised much quicker than planned (and save as much money as possible of course) - but it seems to be coming together at last - hurray!

Flights booked to Sydney for 3rd August. AHPRA registration sorted - neither of us have jobs to go to but will look when we get there. Anyone else going to Sydney? We are looking to rent around Mosman area - if anyone has any experience/advice on how to sell ourselves as good tenants that would be good to hear.

We are really excited but also getting that looking over a precipice feeling sometimes - guess that is normal. It's great to hear that others are doing well and making friends, getting jobs etc. I wish you all the best of luck!