JBO76

Uk/oz plg adapters

Am moving to oz in September and wondering if anyone has any good tips on where to buy uk/oz electrical socket adapters? In particular, I am looking for ones that are narrow enough to let you fit two side by side into an oz double socket.

Thanks

Jay

Submitted 4 Feb 2011 (176 Fam)/CO allocated 26 September 2011/Medicals on 18th October/all documents uploaded by 27th Oct and medicals showing as complete........Visa granted 7November! Wahoo!

bring plenty of UK 4 way leads (dead cheap in Ikea etc) then when you get here down to local hardware store and buy Aus plugs, (about $2-4) all you need to do is wire the new plug on. dead simple... Voltage is the same so no worries there... also bring some spare fuses as Aus plugs not fused so you cant nick em when they blow!!

We took a few adapters over with us and then slowly phased them out. We went to bunnings and brought a few of the ozzy plugs and put them on the electrical items that we used. We found that easier than trying to get the adapters to fit the plug sockets here in oz. However, in the short term, the idea of going to ikea and getting a few four way plugs.

Family of five now with our one son living in the UK

Guest melanie79

marks and spencers sell a double adaptor uk to aus. bought one the other day!

I bought 40 from Onecall - they are non-earthed so shouldn't be used on items that require an earth - they were about one pound each as I remember. Still use some of them, they just about fit side by side in a double.

Having checked the onecall site their current offering is part code PL11536

Replacement plugs here are $2-5 each.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Many thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions

Submitted 4 Feb 2011 (176 Fam)/CO allocated 26 September 2011/Medicals on 18th October/all documents uploaded by 27th Oct and medicals showing as complete........Visa granted 7November! Wahoo!

Definatley take the 4socket power boards and change the plug to an aus one. We did that foxing to aus and I have changed them back here in the UK, also bought aus 4 socket boards back and did the same