Is it worth spending life savings to get to Australia?

He probably wouldnt have to go to the other side of the world to find a better situation - perhaps they could try looking a little closer to home. Much cheaper option.

They already have their visa though, its not like they've suddenly thought "oh lets go across the world and see if we can find a better job". They've probably had this plan for a long time. If they could consider sending the husband over first to check things out then it would be a shame to waste the visa.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Ropey HOFF
They already have their visa though, its not like they've suddenly thought "oh lets go across the world and see if we can find a better job". They've probably had this plan for a long time. If they could consider sending the husband over first to check things out then it would be a shame to waste the visa.

Wheres Stacey gone?? this is another really well thought out grown up post, i think its Staceys mum posting.

Staceys mum has really got it on, lol ...... great song by Fountains of wayne.

Only jesting gal, lol.

Wheres Stacey gone?? this is another really well thought out grown up post, i think its Staceys mum posting.

Staceys mum has really got it on, lol ...... great song by Fountains of wayne.

Only jesting gal, lol.

I am capable of grown up posts.. sometimes :wink: Goddamn that song, when it came out i never heard the end of it!

Anyway I just think it would be a good idea to apply for as many jobs as possible, try and set up some skype interviews and then if a job offer is gained then just the one person go out and check it out before making the full move. What if the OP doesnt use their visa, runs out of money in the UK like they think is going to happen and then regret it

Guest The Ropey HOFF
wonder how easy life will be when half of Europe moves into the UK.....

I thought that had happened already.

He can be head of englands border control if independence happens and keep all us scummy scots and other undesirables out lol his dream job!!

So who called you Scottish scummy and undesirable?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
He can be head of englands border control if independence happens and keep all us scummy scots and other undesirables out lol his dream job!!

I think Andy would let the Turkish in before the Scottish, lol

I think Andy would let the Turkish in before the Scottish, lol

Not at all i like the jocks especially the ones on pio, however i would be happy for them to be independent as some of them want as it may well be in the best interests of the English.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
He probably wouldnt have to go to the other side of the world to find a better situation - perhaps they could try looking a little closer to home. Much cheaper option.

I have said this already, on a previous post, its an option for them for sure, i think they should look at moving somewhere, staying where they are just isn't working for them.

So much more to do here .......more choice ......more availability ......its where everything happens ......in the last couple of weeks .....the jubilee ......now the euros ......then the olympics .......cant beat it ......

Last time I checked the euros were in Poland and Ukraine.

Ok dont come to WA we are worse off

You are worse off but there are plenty on here that would have the opposite view. The cost of living is all relative to what you are earning too, there's no point looking at the cost of living here from England and being scared off as things look expensive (maybe). Once you get here and earn dollars you can stop thinking about pounds and doing conversions and thinking this (whatever) is half the price in England, it's just a waste of time trying. If you have some left at the end of the week you are doing OK, that's the only thing that matters.