Britchick and Pommypaul's Travels Part 2

BritChickx

I've probably had about 5 hours sleep in 2 and a half days, I'm a walking talking zombie lol! Stll got this headache that won't budge grrrr.

Thanks shoes I hope you your partner and your doggy are well :)

Hi, best advice I can give is drink loads and loads of water, yes boring, but dehydration is possibly the cause of your head ache + the obvious lack of sleep and stress involved in giving NZ and then hopefully Australia another go. Flying west to east is for some reason worse for jet lag, don't ask me why, but is a known fact apparently. A couple of paracetomol might help if you can take them ok.

Wish you both all the best for your new adventure.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thanks for that :) i do have some anadin but really don't want to take them, lately i've been taking them and then the headaches come back again! But will def need to up the water intake!

Hope you are feeling better.

First time I went to Oz I had really bad motion sickness - felt like I was walking about on a boat for a week.

Guest The Pom Queen
I'm still feeling rough, definately dehydrated as my lips have got chapped. For some reason I can't seem to eat even tho i'm so hungry!

Too much beer, you alchy :tongue:

Just rest up, there is no push to do anything so just chill and get well.

I'm ALIVEEEEEE! lol. Thanks guys :)

today we're going to sort out our joint bank account...it's about an hour to walk there...gulp. Hoping i'll survive the day til 9pm ish! And we've booked a campervan for a week from Britz, gonna see some of the north of the south island and then come back and buy a cheapy one we've seen for about $7000. You never know I might sleep better in a campervan lol.

Wow....Christchurch is definately a disaster zone! We took an hour walk and through the city centre to the bank, every single shop is closed in the city centre, every other building is damaged....we hardly saw anyone walking about, felt really weird! Feel sorry for everyone that lives here, their economy gone down. There's really not a lot to see or do in Christchurch, once we've picked up our hire campervan tomorrow we're heading to kaikoura, 2 hours north of Christchurch. I must say i am not liking the cold weather! Brrrr.

Wow....Christchurch is definately a disaster zone! We took an hour walk and through the city centre to the bank, every single shop is closed in the city centre, every other building is damaged....we hardly saw anyone walking about, felt really weird! Feel sorry for everyone that lives here, their economy gone down. There's really not a lot to see or do in Christchurch, once we've picked up our hire campervan tomorrow we're heading to kaikoura, 2 hours north of Christchurch. I must say i am not liking the cold weather! Brrrr.

Hey,

Just a heads up, check to see if the camper has a heater, if it doesn't or if you'll be free-camping (no electricity) then the first thing I would buy is a duvet/blanket and some thermals lol! When we went to NZ the first night we camped in our lovely big camper on a farm. There were no powered sites and it was unbelievably cold. The blanket that came with the van was tissue paper-thin and we froze. We did a lot of our shopping at The Warehouse....really cheap.

Hope you're enjoying it...some of the best times we had were in NZ with just a campervan and a road map:wubclub:

Thankd for the heads up.....the campervan we're hiring will have a heating but got to be plugged in mains so will be on a powered site....when we will one we're gonna stock up on ten layers of blankets and duvets lol! It's been sooo cold been freezing my tootsies off....need to find a nice pair of ugg boots!

What a bussssyyy day.....we checked out of out hotel, to the airport to pick up the hirecamper, which is HUGE, it even has a toilet and shower with it! (pics to follow soon). Then went to the ex camper hire place that sells campervans....saw a nice little one, Paul put down a deposit on it and we'll be picking it up next week. Afterwards we went to the shopping centre, where most of christchurchs population must live....was soo busy. We took back our vodafone dongle which is supposed to supply internet but but didn't work, got the worst customer service person ever, couldn't explain what was wrong and never talked to us at all except to give us another one.

so off we go feeling not very hopeful about it! Get some bits for the campervan and then we set off for Kaikoura, a nice area 2 hours north of Christchurch, the road along the sea to it is gorgeous, a shame it was really cloudy and rainy though. In Kaikoura you can see whales, dolpins and seals, when we checked into the vanpark the lady told us the baby seals are out! so we are going to have an explore tomorrow....maybe be adventurous and get a boat or plane tour! oh and guess what.....our new vodafone dongle doesn't work either....and we're not stupid it's not our laptop as we played around with every setting possible i think! So we shall be giving them an earful and getting our money back lol. Using the vanparks wireless now!

Edited by BritChickx

i would of crapped myself lol i guess the christchurch people would of been more used to it but some of the members from other areas seemed shaken up, i think i saw it was a 7.0. Hopefully you wont have to go through any scary ones!

Lol yeah if i can think of any other good places then i'll let you know! still waiting on more photos!! :tongue:

i know! Feels weird not to have taken many yet. There really wasn't anything in christchuch to take pics of lol, i'll upload some of kaikoura and the camper later!

Kaikouras meant to be lovely, looking foward to those pics. Are those boats still running down the avon? id quite like to go on one of them. I think a lot of the pubs and cafes have had to move outside the city, must be really weird not having a city centre!

Yeah we felt it, all fine! The campervan wobbled a bit that's all lol. It's a pretty quiet place Kaikoura! Can't wait to get out and explore, feels weird just been sitting around being tired and hungry lol. Didn't really get jet lag when i flew to perth! I don't know about the boats, if I find out i'll let you know.

Here we are.....in Picton! Before we left Kaikoura this morning, we went to one of the Seals colonies, and wow, there was so many of em! Paul was a bit brave getting close to them to take the pics but I kept my distance a bit lol. These were all adults. We then drove further north and 25ks up in a spot called Ohau Point there was another colony -with bubba seals! So cute. We got loads of snaps. The scenery driving along the highway is stunning, we're now in Picton for the night, the port which takes you to Wellington on the ferry. Picton is very scenic too, we'll take some more snaps tomorrow....but for now i present you with lots of Seals :)

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

P7030918.jpg

P7030920.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

P7030918.jpg

P7030920.jpg