Britchick and Pommypaul's Travels Part 2

BritChickx

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Singapore are good, I am off with Malaysia airlines. (Flew with them to Oz last year and were the cheapest this time for me) Thanks for the encouragement, I am going to start applying for jobs in August otherwise hopefully it will not be long after arriving. Just saving like mad at the moment. I will look forward to reading about your travels (will give me ideas on places to visit :D).

Cool! We found singapore cheapest atm? And I flew with them last time they were good. I'm hoping me and paul get to sit together on the plane otherwise it'll be an even longer flight being stuck with randomers lol.

Did you book with an agent or directly with Singapore? Last time I booked with an agent I got to choose my seats for free but I looked yesterday and I have to pay to choose seats this time (I booked directly with airline this time).

I have my fingers crossed that you can sit together you would think if you made the booking together they would automatically sit you together as its long haul?

Yeah we booked with an agency and have to pay extra to choose seats so we haven't chosen, when we check in we're gonna ask if we can sit together, but like you we just assume they sit you together if you book 2 seats at one time? It's not too bad sitting on your own just no fun especially if the next person smells haha, I sat on my own going to Oz last year.

I'm really hoping to sit on my own. Hopefully the plane won't be to full. That's annoying that the agent is charging for seats. I know on short haul you have to pay to be able to sit with one another, but I haven't heard of issues sitting next to one another on long haul. I guess just arrive early for check in to make sure it's not an issue :biggrin:

Can you imagine that sitting next to a smelly person or someone snorring for 24 hours! ARGH :arghh: lol

for those who are bored and wanna read some travel posts, look up britchick and pommypauls travels in the working holiday section ....that was from august-dec last year :)

OMG! We are moving out of the flat this morning, i'm feeling nervous and excited all over again, we're staying at my mums tonight, then heading to pauls mums and then wednesday will be flying day....eeeek!

Hope the move goes well, and good luck with the trip, I am sure you will both have a really good time.

Enjoy yourselves that is the main thing, you are both young and have a really fantastic opportunity, I wish I would have had the guts you guys have at your age :hug:

I'm so excited for you!! we arent going to NZ anymore so i'll just have to look at your pics instead! Cant believe your going so soon.. at least your used to a long haul flight already, i think someone would have to tranqualize me before i went on one lol. Are your mum and friends feeling any better about you leaving?

Britchix you are totally an inspiration

Myself and my OH looked to do what your doing years ago before kids ago but bottled it. Now here we are moving ot Oz (oh already there) myself and two daughters 16 and 18 going next month. If they can evan grasp 10% of what you have done and are doing my heart will sing. Life passes you by so so quick. If it is what you want to do grab grab grab every opportunity.

Wish i could bottle you and send you round all secondary schools in the uk.

Wishing you all the bestest of luck and happy happy travels and if your ever in Perth and need a room please give me a shout

Thank fifi! Your very kind, i'm still crapping myself haha, but yes you're right when do people get opportunities like this? I reckon i'll love living in Aus as much as travelling around it. At least you're going at long last now :) good luck with everything your end, and yeah if we're in perth I will!

i said goodbye to my family last night and this morning, and 2 of my friends came round to say bye aswell, I've told everyone they have to save the pennies to come see us! If not we're gonna aim to come back christmas next year, we'll see how things go.

Stacey, my family haven't mentioned anything negative, think they've accepted it now..well they have to cos i've left! lol.

What's happened with nz then? You got more offers in aus instead?

Thank fifi! Your very kind, i'm still crapping myself haha, but yes you're right when do people get opportunities like this? I reckon i'll love living in Aus as much as travelling around it. At least you're going at long last now :) good luck with everything your end, and yeah if we're in perth I will!

i said goodbye to my family last night and this morning, and 2 of my friends came round to say bye aswell, I've told everyone they have to save the pennies to come see us! If not we're gonna aim to come back christmas next year, we'll see how things go.

Stacey, my family haven't mentioned anything negative, think they've accepted it now..well they have to cos i've left! lol.

What's happened with nz then? You got more offers in aus instead?

Im sure theyre really excited for you, its a great opportunity and im sure they'll come for their holidays! :)

we just decided it wasnt a good idea to go with that employer, the wage wasnt enough to gain a PR visa and it would of been a bit of a struggle to even live on especially if i couldnt find work straight away. And we were told by people there that the work has completely slowed down and immigration are hardly approving any visas for christchurch at the moment because of it, we just couldnt afford to pay all that money for the visas, medicals, flights etc for them to be declined. they didnt tell us about that because they arent paying anything so its not really their problem. we'll see if he gets a interview with BGC before we decide what to do next

Ahh, sounds like you did the right thing, as much as you're dying to go out there you need to go with the right employer and area where the work is!

Yeah im still quite sad about it but dave just didnt want to take the risk and i can understand that. the rebuilds going to be going on for years so who knows next year. What time do you fly out? cant wait to see your pics