richselina

Personal Possessions Insurance

Hi,

I am trying to find suitable travel insurance for our one way migration trip and am struggling to find a company that will cover the value of all of our personal items that we will be taking with us when we leave the UK. We can get some cover, but this doesn't cover the value of our jewellery, computers etc that we will have with us when we move.

I would appreciate it if anyone can recommend a good insurance company that you have used to cover your items, not just on the flight, but also when you arrive in Australia until you take out your own home insurance.

Thanks so much,

Rich

You might want to look at Amex my essentials which provides cover for computers, laptops, iPads etc all your tech kit for just 9.99 a month. Although this is a uk based product, they provide cover for 90 days abroad. I don't think there is a limit on the value of items you can register with them so it's great value. I have the policy and have claimed and was very happy with the way it was handled.

Not exactly what you have asked for but thought it was worth mentioning.

Submitted 4 Feb 2011 (176 Fam)/CO allocated 26 September 2011/Medicals on 18th October/all documents uploaded by 27th Oct and medicals showing as complete........Visa granted 7November! Wahoo!