Must see things in Perth....

nursealli

Hi all,

I fly into Perth at silly o'clock Boxing Day for 4 days before heading over to Sydney for NYE.

I'm using this trip as a reccie to see which areas of Australia I feel I maybe able to settle in and am going to Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane too during my 3 week stay.

I know the visits are brief; but what can you recommend that I see / do in Perth that will give me the best experience?

Thanks for any comments and ideas!

Alli x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The city tram ride up to kings park, the views are amazing.

The zoo was great.

Cottesloe beach, fantastic.

Hilarys great for a day out.

Freemantle is a great little city.

wildlife parks.

we didn't do it, but the boat trip up the sawn river, is supposed to be good.

whale and dolphin watching.

Rotnest island trip.

Theres loads to do, take your pick.

If you want to see it as a tourist then I'd get on tripadvisor and look under things to do in Perth - they'll come up with a list starting from the most popular.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g255103-Activities-Perth_Western_Australia.html

If you are coming with a view to living here then I think the list might be different. beaches yes, but lots of driving round a few suburbs and shopping centres just to get a feel for the place.

• 5 years later...

+1 for Cottlesloe beach. Had a cheeky dip too.

Dolphin discovery centre was good (further out) and even though there was just the 1Cetacean that made an appearance, he/she came with a couple of feet of us. If you do go there, make it for opening time, as that`s the most popular time for appearances.

King`s Park is beautiful, and have lovely views of the river. We wanted to check out the Lotterywest Federation Walkway, but it`s closed after 5pm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/9/2017 at 14:03, DukeNinja said:

+1 for Cottlesloe beach. Had a cheeky dip too.

Dolphin discovery centre was good (further out) and even though there was just the 1Cetacean that made an appearance, he/she came with a couple of feet of us. If you do go there, make it for opening time, as that`s the most popular time for appearances.

King`s Park is beautiful, and have lovely views of the river. We wanted to check out the Lotterywest Federation Walkway, but it`s closed after 5pm.

For a cheeky dip, walk along the beach to Swanbourne.;)