Are you a cat or a dog person?

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

People usually have a preference between cats or dogs, I just wondered if you had and the reason why.

I love both the same although I think dogs are more loyal, faithful and obedient, cats just do what they want when they want.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them both the same, agree dogs are more loyal and they are also more dependent on us. Cats, manipulators, I have three and they are all different. Tonight I had one on each arm of the chair.

I used to have three dogs and three cats, now just the cats, however a pup may come along one day, bichonxmaltese I think.

Guest guest66832

Cat person. I like that cats are feisty and can look after themselves. I think I have a dislike of dogs because they just crap all over the place, also when I was a kid a relative's dog had crap all over its paws from playing in the garden and then it proceeded to jump up me, disgusting. Also when owners kiss and let their dogs lick their faces/mouths, urgh! makes me want to vomit!

Also, cats don't usually rip the faces off babies and young children like some vicious dogs do. When I have kids they are not being let anywhere near a dog.

Edited by guest66832

A cat person definitely, although I grew up in a dog family.

We have two cats here (inside cats, I don't believe they should roam free) and they are quite honestly the most loyal and loving creatures. We got them both from a pound (they were both death row kittens). Molly was only four weeks or so old when we got her (they had told us she was older, vet said she was younger), and she was pretty poorly for a while. I had to feed her by hand and give her rehydration fluids every hour day and night, the vet was absolutely astounded that she made it. Hard work but definitely worth it. She is the most affectionate cat that I have ever come across. She is very fond of our eldest daughter and sleeps outside her bedroom door until the morning when she pats on the door until Sophie lets her in so that they can have their morning cuddle! When I am working here during the day she sits on the chair next to me, or if I am in the office where there isn't a spare chair she sits on my feet. The other cat, Tabitha, is a total lap cat. If there is a lap available, she is on it! She is also very loving, although she does take herself off somewhere quieter if the girls are being noisy. Molly sits and watches the girls play which is lovely.

I don't know what it is about dogs that I am not keen on. I have never been bitten or anything. I don't like how they smell, they have a strong smell to me whereas cats don't smell at all. Maybe it is that.

Edited by LKC

Dogs for me. :animal-dog: The one we had when I was a kid used to follow me to the bus stop and sit with me till I got on. Then he would go home.

Bless him...when he died of old age I was a wreck. :cry:

My DD has 3 cats....the're ok but I'm not too fussed

......especially when they bring little presses to the door.....dead bird....mouse! Eek! :no:

Guest JK2510

We were cat people in the uk....had a cat for most of my adult life....now we're in Perth we are dog people...have 2 little ones who also think they are cats...lap dogs they are....but at 17kg....ouch!

She was funny this morning when we went out for our walk, she kept stopping at all the houses where the male dogs live, thank goodness they were all indoors, and then this afternoon she was trying to dig into next doors to get to their Great Dane, imagine if they got together .... roll on the third of August ...... I wish now I would have had her done last year, but I did think about letting her have one litter, but then decided against it.

Both.

Have just come home from the vet after starting the process of vaccinations for all the furries to fly back to Queensland.....

The two dogs thought it was a 'fun' outing - waggly tales all the way....

The cat was not amused.

Yeeee-Haaaaa! we're on our way !!!! :animal-dog::animal-dog: :animal-cat:

Guest guest17301

I love both but dogs are my real favourites, all dogs big and small, they are perfect creatures as far as Im concerned, we have a greyhound, an ex racer, shes beautiful. Weve had cats in the past and they are always more aloof whereas the dog just wants to be loved!