KazzKing

Templestowe / Templestowe Lower

Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this has been asked recently, but are Templestowe and Templestowe Lower good areas for families?

From the info I have (which isn't much) they seem lovely - nice houses, good schools and shops etc. My family (hubby and I, and our two girls, 5 yo and 12 yo) are thinking of moving there. We'd be renting, $450 - $500 pw for at least the first year.

Are the areas culturally mixed or prominently white? I'm asking as we're a mixed-raced family, but to be honest it doesn't really matter (we'll get on with anyone :smile:).

Any opinions on what the areas are like would be much appreciated.

Ta v much

K

Hi there,

I've never lived there, but have friends who do and they seem to like it.

Public transport can be a bit annoying on occasions (according to Elle), but you've got good shopping facilities nearby (Doncaster Shoppingtown)

I think it's pretty mixed nowdays (like much of melbourne), and from what I can vaguely recall is a particular favourite with a lot of asian families along with others. (By Asian I mean SE Asian)

Cheers :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest Twwig

Templestowe & Lower Templestowe are really lovely areas, and very expensive areas! Very multicultural, and very pleasant parks etc. Really near Doncaster Shoppingtown. Lots of buses, but train station further afield. You will need a car.

Nice area and some very big houses, too. You would definitely need a car, quite hilly but some lovely views around.