176 Application

Hi All,

Am gathering as much information as I can in order to be prepared when I apply for my visa.

Am reading a lot of scenario's where Immigration contact current employers once submitted your visa, is this really the case?

When I applied to Vetassess with a stat dec they didn't contact my employer as I mentioned I didn't want to lose my job if they found out, however I literally had attached every single payslip over the past year and my contract of employment proving I am actually working where I said I was. Do DIAC do things slightly differently then, will this documentation suffice or will they call my employer? Eek!

Thanks for your help out there... this has been the best info site ever!

:biggrin:

Hi,

Majority of the cases get by without much verification but it is completely at the discretion of your Case Officer.

If they indeed contact your current employer, you can tell your boss it is for a travel visa or something.

The usual documentary evidence for employment is:

Payslips, tax returns, HR/Supervisor reference letters. You can also add offer/resignation letters, points advice letter (if any) etc. Good luck.