Guest bluelondon

DRC for 856 ENS

Guest bluelondon

Hi All,

My wife and I have been in Melbourne for 2 years on a 457 Visa.

We have subsequently had a positive skills assessments, medicals, police checks etc. and have completed the entire application process for 856 ENS with all the correct documents and it is ready to submit.

However, we are wondering:

1) Is it worth instructing a registered migration agent to submit the application on our behalf with a DRC?

2) If so, how much will they charge?

3) Can anyone recommend an agent who has done this before?

We have received conflicting advice that 'DRC doesn't make a difference', however, looking at the DRC thread it appears those application are processed quicker.

We would be submitting to the Melbourne CE.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BL

We submitted a decision ready application to the Melbourne CE through our agent. It was submitted on Wednesday 11th April (the agent delivered it personally), acknowledged on Thursday 12th and then granted one week after submission on the 18th April! We used My Australian Visa (I can PM the name of the actual agent if you would like) for ours. I can't tell you how much it cost because OH's work paid. You could always complete the online contact form and ask for a general idea of how much it would cost. The only thing that I will mention, is that the agent thought that it would take the usual four to five months that the DIAC website quotes. He was surprised as to how quickly ours came through, so maybe ours was the exception rather than the rule.

Guest bluelondon

Thanks LKC.

1 week is phenomenal!

Looks like the fee's are going to be in the $'000s... :err:

Which considering the application is 100% complete and just requires a review and a signature... is crazzzyy.

Hopefully someone can recommend me a migration agent who might charge on an hourly basis, who might charge 2 hours to review the files and sign the DRC?

Thanks,

BL

Be a bit wary of DRC... it usually takes from 1-3 months. For some DRC's for what I've seen on here, the wait has exceeded 3 months. But then again, lots have been approved after 1-2 months (better than 5-7 months!).

Medical professions get approved really quick... they're the ones that fall into the 1-2 week category.

Edited by peterhuli

856 Melbourne CoE, IT Field | Application & Nomination (both DRC) Submitted: 16 March 2012 >> Acknowledgment Received: 03 April 2012 >> Approved: 05 June 2012.

We looked into paying for DRC for our 856 and the average cost was around $3k, this was purely for DRC. Should any problems arrive thereafter then that would be charged at the going hourly rate.

We won't be applying until after 1 July which will be the new 186 subclass and an electronic app and we're not sure that DRC will even be an option so we'll just save the cash and wait it out.

It's a lot of money to pay if you end up having to wait 3 months anyway...think about it.