jakc

Do you need to fill in form 80 for an 856 application?

This has been raised on a few other posts but I still have not found a definitive answer.

Myself and my partner (both from the UK) are applying for an 856 (without a migration agent)

We have already had an approval letter as our employer lodged the first half.

The following checklist (which I would assume to be the definitive source for applying for an 856)

Employer Nomination Scheme / Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme - Application Document Checklist

This form makes no mention of filling in form 80.

Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Decision Ready Document Checklist (Migration Agent)

Completed Form 80 (one for every person aged 16 years of age or over who is

included in the visa application).

It is essential that there are no gaps in the sections on previous addresses,

employment history, education history and visits outside Australia in the last 10 years.

The easy answer would be to include a form 80 for myself and my partner, but form 80 is not the easiest of forms to fill in and it will take a significant chunk of time for us to gather the info and fill the form in.

For an unassisted 856 application, do you need to include Form 80?

No, it is not a requirement to fill in a form 80 when applying for an 856. However, there is always the possibility that your CO (Case Officer) could request you to complete one.

Good luck!

• Like 1

We did one, our application was submitted as decision ready and was granted within a week. Don't know if the form 80 was a contributing factor in the speediness of visa grant, but actually it didn't take that long to complete in the scheme of things. I would probably advise doing one anyway, so that it is there if your CO wants it.

We didn't, I'm from UK my de facto partner girlfriend is from Colombia, we've been living in Australia since 2007. Just police checks from eachothers country and one each for Aust.

Sydney since April 2007.

Thanks. Ill skip it then. We can always send them through if specifically requested for.