Skills Assessment query

Hallfamily

I am sure someone will be along who would know the correct answer, but off the top of my head I can think of the following:

Have you got payslips, P60, letters of appointment, contract of employment to confirm that you worked for the employers?

I am sure someone will be along who would know the correct answer, but off the top of my head I can think of the following:

Have you got payslips, P60, letters of appointment, contract of employment to confirm that you worked for the employers?

Yes he has. Would that be enough?

Possibly not, but if they are no longer trading. You could contact the Inland Revenue or Companies House, but this would only prove that they existed. Your payslips etc would prove that you were employed by them. I am sure that they would require an employer reference. I am sure this happened to someone else and a solution was found. Sorry I cannot be of any further help. We are self employed so have had to produce testimonials from our suppliers and clients.

Possibly not, but if they are no longer trading. You could contact the Inland Revenue or Companies House, but this would only prove that they existed. Your payslips etc would prove that you were employed by them. I am sure that they would require an employer reference. I am sure this happened to someone else and a solution was found. Sorry I cannot be of any further help. We are self employed so have had to produce testimonials from our suppliers and clients.

Hi Candygirl, can I ask how many testimonials from suppliers/clients you gathered and what time period this covered? My hubby was self employed for years until very recently and I'm not sure how many we should get.

Thanks

Shelly

Hi Hall Family

My OH had the same problem. He had to do a statutory declaration basically detailing dates he worked at the company what he did there etc etc and he had to have this certified by a solicitor and swear on the bible that the details were true then he sent his work contract which held a lot of weight which we had fortunately kept but payslips, P60's, anything with company name on

Hi Candygirl, can I ask how many testimonials from suppliers/clients you gathered and what time period this covered? My hubby was self employed for years until very recently and I'm not sure how many we should get.

Thanks

Shelly

We have not gone through TRA yet, OH has had his tech interview this morn. We submitted 16 testimonials to the assesors from previous/existing clients and suppliers. Our plan is to produce more when we submit to TRA. We were told they love paperwork and to provide everything so that there is no doubt.

We have not gone through TRA yet, OH has had his tech interview this morn. We submitted 16 testimonials to the assesors from previous/existing clients and suppliers. Our plan is to produce more when we submit to TRA. We were told they love paperwork and to provide everything so that there is no doubt.

16+ - wow! Then again I suppose that just 2 for each year (assuming 8 years experience). I keep on putting off making a start but really need to get cracking. I think it just feels very daunting but I can't justify the cost of using an agent to give me step by step direction. On that note, I'm going to carry on writing the reference for his current employer to sign off (won't feel as guilty then for not doing it!).

I hope the tech interview went well this morning :smile:

Hi Hall Family

My OH had the same problem. He had to do a statutory declaration basically detailing dates he worked at the company what he did there etc etc and he had to have this certified by a solicitor and swear on the bible that the details were true then he sent his work contract which held a lot of weight which we had fortunately kept but payslips, P60's, anything with company name on

That's probably the only solution left to do, thanks for the advice Fowler Family.