Shipping from Ireland

braidwood

Following on from 'postage from Ireland' this thread is for sharing any info you have on shipping from Ireland. We'll be flying 27th August so looking at shipping companies now. I've got Careline coming on the 12th June and Crown on the 21st June and still waiting for Pickford's to return my call. We're shipping from Waterford to Newcastle NSW so I'll post any interesting things I find....... please add if you have any experience shipping from Ireland, or if you're about to....... Let the games begin!

Guest mardom

Hi

we are an irish family moving to perth and we had mc gimpsey brothers(www.mcgimpseys.com) do a quote for us. We have a hynduai imax or montana its an 8 seater and some household goods they quoted us 8315 euro. We need to take the car because we have 5 kids but are wondering if it would be cheaper without the household goods and with somebody else

Maria:chatterbox:

I'd certainly get more than one quote and then try to negotiate down the company you feel most comfortable with if they aren't the cheapest. There's some really good threads here about shipping cars and it might be cheaper to ship the car and the household goods with separate companies.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/138727-worth-bringing-my-car-iron-ladys-trusty-new-calculator-reveals-all.html

Let us all know how you get on.

Lets get this tread going!

I have decided to go with Crown, packers arriving the 28th June. I got reps to come out from Careline & Crown and both gave me the same cubic feet that I required, so I used that to get my other quotes, get as many quotes as possibe, then decide which company you want and start beating down the price, this is not as difficult as you think as they are all very eager for busy.

Insurance is working out at around 3% so E15,000 = E450 thats if you go with the Shippers Insurance, has anyone experience with going with independant insurance company???

We too are moving from Waterford to Perth,im going to get three recommened companies in to quote,going to try Nat Ross,Arpin ,EFL and multicargo,have been told the market has become very competetive and im going to do my best to negotiate a good price.Im also shipping my dog and have received vast differences in prices so its worth shopping around.