Has anyone heard of Edith van Dommelen ?????

scotexpat

Hi folks

We are moving to Perth in just 2 week and don't have accommodation sorted as yet. We have had emils back and forth from Edith van Dommelen at relocate rentals Perth. Is it a con? If you have came across her let me know or if you can help with accommodation that would be better. We arrive on 15/6/2012

Guest Guest26012
Hi folks

We are moving to Perth in just 2 week and don't have accommodation sorted as yet. We have had emils back and forth from Edith van Dommelen at relocate rentals Perth. Is it a con? If you have came across her let me know or if you can help with accommodation that would be better. We arrive on 15/6/2012

We rented an apartment from Edith back in 2008. She was always gracious and accommodating. We rented a holiday let from her and she had no probs when we gave it up early to move into our first rental. We have also met her in person and she is a lovely lady. That was over 4 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

We used her in September for our short term rental, she is lovely. She had the house all set up for us had arranged for the car hire place to leave our car in the garage. She also gave us a reference for our long term accommodation. She goes out of her way to help people when they have just arrived.

• 9 months later...

We rented an apartment from Edith and ended up leaving after 1 night and then had to battle for months afterwards to try and get money back, she totally ruined what should have been the holiday of a lifetime for us.

Edited by calNgary
removed personal comments as per forum rules

Yes, it was. I'm back in Perth again and a colleague happened to do a search on rental properties and came across this thread and flagged it to me. I'm sure many people have had positive experiences in their dealings with Edith but I did not and I think forums are a good place to read both the positives and negatives.

Yes, it was. I'm back in Perth again and a colleague happened to do a search on rental properties and came across this thread and flagged it to me. I'm sure many people have had positive experiences in their dealings with Edith but I did not and I think forums are a good place to read both the positives and negatives.

I noticed that you have also commented on a very old post about Edith in pomsinperth too. Did your colleague look up two (months old) threads on two different websites and pass both of them on to you? Your first posts on both websites are about this. Strange.

Edited by Sammy1